Via Nazionale, 24 (nero), Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Hotel Kursaal (2 **...

Hotel Kursaal (2 ** hotel--does not denote the quality or service of the hotel.)
    --Great service, rooms were clean and bright and definitely not drab.
    --Florence is small enough don't worry about the location of your hotel. The Duomo was a 15-minute walk.
    --Close to the train station.
    Via Nazionale, 24 - 50123 Firenze
    tel 055 496324 - fax 055 4626615
    kursonia@firenze.net

More about Hotel Kursaal Ausonia

Wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member pdxChamp

We stayed at the Hotel Kursaal Ausonia in May and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is an easy walk from the train station, but beware, the small sidewalks make towing your luggage a bit of a pain. Also, the sign for the hotel is fairly small and the lobby is on the second floor, so you have to keep an eye open for it. The people who run the hotel are extremely nice and speak excellent English. While in the lobby we overheard a guest trying to extend their stay. Unfortunately there were no rooms available, but the hotel staff seemed more than happy to call around and find them another hotel. Our room was actually really big by American standards much less European standards. My only complaint would be that the bed was a little too soft and squeaky. Walking to all the major tourist destinations are a breeze from this hotel. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Great Bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member JenniG

We stayed here for 4 nights in July as part of an extended holiday in Italy. The location was excellent - a short 5 min walk from the central train station. There was a lift at the door to get up to reception & our room which was a godsend with our bags. Reception took us and showed us our room prior to checking in to ensure we were OK with what they were providing (not all operators do this we found). The room we were in had recently been refurbished and we had no complaints whatsoever, the bathroom was marble with a full size bath, the furnishings were tasteful and we even had a small balcony that provided limited views of the Duomo. The hotel is also a short walk to the markets of Florence. There was also an internet terminal available for use of guests at a relatively cheap price.

Great Family Run Hotel, Great Location, Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member sjcabanban

As a young couple who love to travel, let me first say that it would take us a lot to dislike a hotel. Nevertheless, we have to say we had a wonderful experience here. We stayed for 3 nights in mid-Sept 2006, utilizing one of their internet deals on their website.
Flying into Florence, we used public transportation to get to the Train Station. If you're facing away from the front of the station, the hotel is a simple walk towards the main street on the left, simple to do with your luggage. They keep the doors locked, but it was never a problem, just simply buzz the doorbell and they'll buzz you in, no matter what time of day it is. They have a small elevator for your luggage, so you don't have to worry about climbing with it up stairs.
We stayed in a superior double room, and our bathwoom was great, the bed was clean and firm, has a TV (basic), refrigerator, and has air conditioning in the room you can adjust yourself for those hot nights (See pics). We stayed on the road side of the hotel, but they had sound proof windows that can be closed so noise won't be a problem here. The staff were very helpful, directing us to all the major sites and helping us with reservations to the Uffizi, Accademia, an email request from their host website prior to our stay was all it took.
The breakfast was a simple, typical italian breakfast of cereal, yogurt, pastries, juice/coffee/tea, so those of you looking for a fancy full breakfast, you will not find it here. You're in Italy, live like the Italians do!
The location of the hotel is around the local parks and the central market, and a short 5-10 min walk from all the tourist sites. I would reccommend this hotel for those people looking for a good value, good location, family run hotel. We will definitely stay there again next time we come back to Florence.

Good Budget Weekend Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Andy/George

Fairly basic but no problems. We had a double room with a bathroom which was clean and comfortable with ac and fine for the weekend. The location is excellent, with loads of restaurants, the train station and all the sites within walking distance. Staff are helpful if you ask them although they did tell us the door would be open twenty four hours but we ended up having to climb the doors to get in. Breakfast was a couple of rolls with some spreads and a croissant in a packet. If you're looking for somewhere reasonably priced to use as a base to see Florence we'd recommend it.

Nice Reception

by TripAdvisor Member Paz-Rj

Great reception in this hotel, the recepcionist is so kind, a great smile and the nice way to start a trip. The hotel is very near of train station, ideal to everyone who carry heavy baggages (like me). From the window of the room I could see the Dome! It's a great place!

There are better hotels for arround the same rate in the area

by TripAdvisor Member maggie30

I stayed at this hotel 5 years ago in a simple single room. My room was great clean and the service was wonderful.

This year I went with my mother. I wanted a twin room and I thought since I was going with my mom and for a few euros more I would go for what they call the superior room. The reservations were made online.

The next day or a few days after ( I cant recall) I got a confirmation of my reservation from the hotel and it also said that they will be charging my credit card for one night a week before my arrival "due to the new italian bank laws". I DID NOT LIKE THAT! (and this was the only hotel that did it in Italy on my trip)

When my mom and I finally got to the hotel (to my surprise) things have changed since I was last there. The hotel stunk!!! i mean really smelled. The bed was squeeky. The bathroom was redone ( but that was no help). My mom cryed the whole night.

In the morning I was able to find a hotel arround the corner for a few euros more and it was much better, and hotel ausonia was nice enough not to charge us the second night.
Our

Nice people, trying to improve

by TripAdvisor Member NandoFab

Nice people, warm, attentive, trying to improve the place. During our stay the Hotel was undergoing some fixes, painting etc. Breakfast could be better. This Hotel is located at 2th floor and the lift is very small and precarious. (So, stairs, ever...).

Avoid until the place ceases to be a building site.

by TripAdvisor Member robEK2

Clearly a danger to be putting anyone in this place until they finish their modernisation programme:

1. dark and dingy entrance full of cement bags, litter and general dirt.

2. dodgy, tiny lift which wasn't working half the time., meant you had to walk up 3 flights of stairs.

3. painters, joiners, workmen everywhere.

4. bare electrical wires hanging out of walls.

5. floors being cemented meant you were walking on a permanently wet floor, trailling dirt into your room.

6. no actual reception area, merely a desk and chair.

7. breakfast area - a bench covered in thick dust. breakfast was no better - no butter, no tea (only herbal), no milk.

8. only 3 other residents in the hotel as the others had been moved to another hotel on the grounds of safety.

The staff were very apologetic and did move us to another hotel, but the first night of our trip was ruined. They also said that work was behind schedule hence the mess.

I'm sure it will be fine when work is finished but to have people staying here when this is going on is highly irresponsible and quite frankly dangerous.

Room with a View

by TripAdvisor Member LateTraveler11

Yes, they're still renovating. Yes, the elevator is tiny. But otherwise clean, the staff helpful, the breakfast good. And our room had a little balcony with a view of the Duomo (and various back gardens), and the bath had a casement window with inner and outer shutters. Walking distance to everything you come to see (very close to Mercato Centrale and Santa Maria Novella station).

Hotels picked to stay in Florence - any suggestions or comments?

by CaGal

Hi

These are the hotels we picked to stay in Florence...trying to decided between one of them...we are travelling with 2 kids..trying to stay close to the monuments/train station. Welcome any suggestions and comments...thanks.

Hotel Pagnini
Hotel Corona
Hotel Aurora
Hotel Kursaal Ausonia

Re: Hotels picked to stay in Florence - any suggestions or comments?

by leics

I think the Corona is nearest to SMN Novella railway station.

Florence is very compact and very walkable, and all of the hotels you list are near enough to the sights/station. You might need a short taxi ride to some if you have a lot of baggage, but I'd be able to walk (with small backpack and one wheeled suitcase) to all of them from the station.

I suggest you make your decision on the basis of online reviews (all seem pretty much ok) and whether the hotel has facilities suitable for the children (and the price, of course!).

Comments