Via Jacopo da Diacceto, 16 - 20, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Agoda.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• theft in hotel londra firenze

I stayed in hotel londra firenze Check-in: September 24, 2012
    Check-out: September 28, 2012,under booking.com reservation number 281123989.a thief broke in by breaking the door (the deadbolt door) around 9:00pm. lost camera etc.the management didnot care and suggested i reported to the police which i did.they provided no transport to the police station,so i had to order a taxi myself.Management said that after received the complaint,hotel insurance would issue traveler cheque. which i never received until now.I already contact the management many times,they never reply!my advice,if you had a break in in your room. call the police from the room.let them come and make scene.DONT BELIEVE WHATEVER THE MANAGEMENT TOLD YOU ABOUT PROCEDURES.THEY JUST TRY TO SAVE THEMSELVES FROM POLICE RUNNING AROUND THE HOTEL LOBBY.

Directions: Station area

• dvideira's Profile Photo

parking facilities

I didn't stay at Hotel Londra, but my niece did and enjoyed it.
    The reason I'm including this tip is a very good one, concerning Florence:
    The hotel has good parking and this is very helpful if you come to Florence by car, since I think everywhere inside the centre of florence parking is reserved to the resident people that have a special permit to be shown on the car and most hotels I've seen just offer public park space outside its buildings.

Unique Quality: How to get there:
    From the "Galileo Galilei" airport of Pisa, take the train to Florence, which departs every hour.
    From the "Amerigo Vespucci" airport of Florence, take the bus shuttle to the Santa Maria Novella Central Station, or a 15 minute trip with a taxi.
    From Santa Maria Novella Central Station:
    To reach the Hotel Londra from the S.M Novella Central Station your choice may be a walk of 200 meters or a taxi ride of a few minutes.
    By Car: Take the highway A1 exit Firenze Nord (from north) or Firenze/Certosa (from south); the first signs that are to be followed are those for "Centro" and then for Santa Maria Novella Central Station.

Directions: Near Santa Maria Novella - train station

More about Hotel Londra

Where to stay and NOT to stay in Rome

by htgirl36 about Hotel Londra & Cargill

We spent three nights in Rome during our most recent trip, and our first night was spent in the worst hotel I have ever been in - Hotel Principessa Tea. Some websites show it as a 3-star hotel...it doesn't even rate one star in my book. First indication was the room number was scribbled on the door with an ink pen after the numbers had apparently fallen off. The door barely closed and locked, and had a two inch gap at the bottom. The room itself was just so old and run down. The bathroom door didn't close right, there was a hand-held shower head in the tub, but no curtain of any kind...subsequently water went everywhere. The bed linens did not look or smell clean...I slept on top of the covers in my clothes with the light on that night. There was not one redeeming feature about that room. We checked out first thing the next morning and moved to the Hotel Londra & Cargill. It was within walking distance, a beautiful 4-star hotel, and only about $25 more per night that the other one! Well worth it! The Hotel Londra & Cargill was just a very nice hotel in all respects...the lobby was inviting, the rooms were clean and well-maintained. Breakfast in the morning was hearty and the staff were all very nice.

What a great hotel!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member eleonor_k

Our rooms were renovated, with a very confortable bed and a modern and clean bath.
The restaurant offers high cooking and wines, but prices were quite high.

Front desk staff was very kind and friendly and they spoke a fluent English. They were very helpful.
The location was convenient to visit the historical center by foot. We’ve got a great holiday and I want to return in Florence… it’s fantastic!

Very Good Hote

by TripAdvisor Member sutterina

I stayed at the HOTEL LONDRA for work and I fund it really good.
Very modern hotel, good quality of food, beautiful room, above all the superior rooms with facilities and gifts.
Good location and very kind personnel.
Also good prices

Really a Good stay!

Federica

Great lovely hotel, Great location, Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Sorush

We are just back from our trip to Italy, This was our third time in Italy, since I love this country, I chose Hotel Londra because of good reviews I read in Tripadvisor and for it's closeness to the train station and all city attractions. Hotel Londra in Florence is a very good hotel, near the main train station (Santa Maria Novella).
We had asked for a triple room, Our room was a very comfortable one with clean and comfortable beds and a modern and clean bath, you could make tee or coffee in the room with diferent choices of tee and cofees put in the room free of charge.you could also have access to high speed internet either in your room or in the lobby, of cource free of charge. Front desk staff were very kind and friendly and they spoke a fluent English, They were very helpful. the guy who first showed us to our room spoke fluent English and was a very knowledgable man. The breakfast was great and contained all what you could expect from bacon and eggs, good sausages, ham and cheese to fresh fruits...
And last but not the least, The location was convenient to visit the historical center by foot. we saw all the wonderful beauties of Florence by foot. To go to Pisa you only had a short walk to the train station and you find yourself at the foot of the leaning tower. We’ve got a great holiday and I want to return in Florence… it’s fantastic! I highly recommend this hotel to all those who want to have an unforgettable stay in the lovely city of Florence.

Conveniently located, suitable for small conferences and workshops

by TripAdvisor Member Radomir_S._Stankovic

The hotel Londra is very nicely located near to the Central Rail Station and easy to reach when coming from different places in Italy. Also, it is on a walking distance from most interesting to view points in Florence. Therefore, it is ideal for combining working and tourist goals during the same stay in Florence.

The hotel provides nice conference rooms and accompanying facilities, well equipped with necessary technical stuff.

The personnel is well trained and can support such organization in many details. Thus, I sincerely recommend this hotel for organization of workshops and small conferences due to nice atmosphere and good facilities.

Lavish Breakfast and lovely lobby

by TripAdvisor Member swatts1

A group of 7 people recently visit Italy. We stayed in three rooms: 2 doubles and 1 triple. We arrived at the train station and easily walked to the Hotel Londra. Even though it was near the train station the street that the hotel is on was very quiet. The lobby of the hotel is very nice with leather sofas. We were shown to our rooms quickly. The rooms all looked the same though the triple was slightly larger. The rooms were fairly good sized with good storage and places to open luggage, etc. The bathrooms were clean, but could have used some update. Towels and sheets were clean. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. We called upon them to find a driver and van for excursions two different days. The first day we went to the designer outlets and the 2nd day we were taken to the Chianti region to a winery and then on to the little town of Siena. The hotel staff did an excellent job of proving cars and drivers for an acceptable amount of euros. The hotel staff also helped us with restaurant suggestions.

Breakfast at the Hotel Londra was lavish. The dining room is large and bright and the variety of food was amazing. They had the usual pastries and cereal and juice, but also had eggs, bacon, sausage, cheeses, hams and desserts. Even champagne and orange juice was available for mimosas.

The location, while quiet, was not all that near to the sights of Florence. That was not a drawback for us since we spent much of our stay out of town. Had we been planning to spend our time in the city of Florence this location would have been a bit far afield.

One caution...

by TripAdvisor Member LWL

Three of us stayed 7 nights (2 rooms) in mid-October, 2006 at the Londra in Florence. My husband and I have different views on this hotel and I admit my less positive opinion stems from one bad experience. When I missed a step and went flying across the floor on the first afternoon of our stay, I was appalled that the hotel management admitted (with a shrug) that that last step of the main staircase really needs to be marked. Obviously I wasn't the first to create a spectacle there in the middle of the lobby. As we left I noticed that the problem was still there - a dangerously bad joke for unsuspecting guests.

That aside, the hotel is conveniently located near the train station, restaurants, shopping, and several major tour attractions. It caters to tour groups as well as independent and business travelers.

Not all the room's outlets worked and our toilet made an odd really loud noise when flushed. Internet was available sometimes in the lobby but not in the rooms. The maid for our room was particularly helpful and the breakfast staff maintained the tables quietly and efficiently. The Londra provides a good breakfast spread, but the menu never varies. Within a 10 minute walking distance, you can reach a large, well maintained self-service laundy.

The restaurant had good food, slow service and high prices - by far, the most expensive of our trip without anything special to account for it.

Before leaving home we had reserved tickets to museums (strongly recommended) and we had arranged a morning walking tour of Florence. Midweek, we had a tour with Giovanni Sirabella (Sunshine Tours) to see towns in Umbria (Perugia, Assisi and Cortona), and that was followed by 2 great days with Angela's Personal Tours going through the Chianti region and visiting Sienna and Volterra.

I can recommend staying at Florence's Hotel Londra. Just watch that last step - it's a doozy!

Don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member carlysuesmom

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as it was chosen by our tour group, so we had no choice. It is in a bad neighborhood near the train station. The hallways are dark and dirty with old carpet. Our room was small, outdated and smelly, with yellowish, brownish water coming out of the shower faucet. It was hot at night so we asked the desk about the air-conditioning and they told us that it goes off when the temperature hits 20 degrees celsius. The first night we kept our french door open, but got a lousy night's sleep due to all the street noise. The blind covering that door was filthy. Some other guests complained of a sewer smell in their rooms. This hotel has supposedly been given a 4 star rating, so beware.

Nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member luisamacedo

We stayed in Firenza at this hotel and we liked it well. It is not very central but we could reach everywhere in town just by walking. It is near the railway station and bus station that come from Pisa airport. So the location is very nice, the rooms are big and clean and quiet. The staff is also nice.

Comments