Via de Medici 6, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Travelocity Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 29% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• What a location for a price!

I spent 7 days in this hotel during my Italy vacation. Every single time I stepped out on the street I was amazed with quality of the location in combination with a low price. When you are staying in Florence, you definitely want to be close to Duomo and / or 2 main piazzas (Republica and Signoria). This hotel is right in the middle.

Unique Quality: We were 2 adults but somehow we got a big room where entire family could be accommodated. I have seen a few rooms in this hotel and they are all very different in size and quality - so keep that in mind. Bathroom was shared, but is was very clean and used by guests from only 2 other rooms.

I will agree with other VT members with regards to the breakfast which is not the best and with the terrace which is awesome. Elevator is antique and most of the time does not work. Our room was on the first floor so we didn't care. If your room is on higher floor (hotel has 6) it might be a problem.

Directions: See the map.

• jmhenry1123's Profile Photo

2 star stay, 4 star view

I think I would have preferred to sleep on the terrace rather than my bedroom. This hotel had the most beautiful view of the Duomo from the 6th floor terrace.

My bedroom however was one of those bath down the hall rooms. The towels smelled musty (as I later learned were line dried) and the bed a little sagging. But at 45 euro a night and since I was only sleeping there not too much of a problem. Next time in Florence I think I will kick up my budget for hotel rooms.

The breakfast left something to be desired. You are better off bargaining a reduction in room rate and eating at a bakery nearby. Hard rolls, hot coffee with steamed milk (caffe au lait). The coffee was good though.

After 10 pm the desk attendant buzzes you in.

The elevator is rather antiquated. It was a tight squeeze for me and my suitcase

Unique Quality: Fantastic view of Florence from the terrace.

Ideally located in the historic city center of Florence.

Directions: 100-150 m from Piazza Duomo. 150-200 m from Piazza Signoria

• Great Location - Great Price!

My friend and I stayed here from 2/8/04 - 2/11/04. This was a GREAT find. Only $55 euro per night. Though the room was small, two single beds, combo toliet/shower room - it was VERY clean. Sheets were like new...floor was clean, walking around barefoot did NOT give me the willies! I would highly recommend this hotel. If I ever make it back I'll stay there again!

Note for summer travellers: I didn't see an air conditioning unit.

Unique Quality: The view from the beautiful terrace on the 6th floor is awesome - you will feel like you can touch the Duomo!

Directions: Right by the Duomo

• nadinekay's Profile Photo

Best Affordable/ for your value hotel!!

this was the best "budget"hotel I've ever stayed at- balcony, antique furniture, wonderful staff- and A roof top overlooking the duomo!!!!
    The location is prime- right in center city!!!

Unique Quality: The roof top!!!

• gloria67's Profile Photo

Nice cheap and in front of the Duomo

It' unbelievable for an italian too...
    Florence is known as a quite expensive town, but this 2 stars hotel is a great surprise...
    At the top of an ancient, typical palazzo, it is a couple of minutes walking far from Piazza del Duomo and ten minutes walking from railways station (Firenze Santa Maria Novella).

Unique Quality: The view from the beautiful terrace is great: it seems that you can touch the Duomo!
    They also have some flats in another building not far from the hotel, in a quiet small street...
    If you are a family, this should be a great accomodation!
    And breakfast is included.
    Me and my friend payed 35 euros pax for night at the end of august (room with bathroom and breakfast included).

• CourtneyLyn's Profile Photo

Simple and comfortable

This hotel is not luxurious, but it is simple, clean, comfortable and affordable. Most rooms have private bathrooms. The thing that makes this hotel so special is the view from the terrace on the top floor. The hotel is only steps from the duomo, and from the terrace you can see the dome up so close. You can also see the rooftops of the rest of Florence. From one room on the top floor you can lie in bed and see the duomo through the window.

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

Affordable and centrally located hotel

This simple two star hotel is located in the heart of the historical center, steps away from the duomo and the signoria square, yet in quiet surroundings.

Unique Quality: The location and the rates is what makes this simple and standard hotel so interesting.

Directions: Historical District

More about Hotel Medici

Hotels in Florence

by nicholanna

We are staying in Florence for 5 nights (2 people) and will not have a car. We would like to be close to museums, etc. while also have a relaxing atmosphere. We were thinking of renting an apartment, however, I am wondering if a hotel would be a better choice since they should include breakfast, what hotel recommendations can you make?? Good prices, around $120 per night, and also we are going to be there the first week in October.

by cs94wahoo

Really, you won't need a car in Florence. Everything is within walking distance.

I stayed at the Adler Cavalieri. It's right near the train station. I had heard some shady things about the area, but honestly, I wasn't worried at all when I was there. It was about $110 euro a night. Breakfast included.

by VinoSole

Hotel Medici is a 2 star with an amazing view of the Duomo. Go to the top of page click on destinations go to Keyword search and type in Hotel Medici Florence to see what all the great VTers have for advice on hotel. good luck ciaoo!

RE: RE: Hotels in Florence

by jackcd

check out hotel pendini. frommers like it and we did also

by Laiyee

You might want to check out Hotel Balcony. It is 5 minutes away from the Firenze SMN train station, and is also about a 5 minute walk from the Duomo. The hotel includes ensuite bathrooms and a small buffet breakfast. I stayed there last August and paid 70 euros per night.

Comments