Via Strozzi 2, Florence, Tuscany, 50129, Italy

Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 52% more than other 3 star hotels

• Good Location, Lacking Charm Though

As I was traveling with my teenage son, I requested a room with a bit of privacy/extra space. There answer was to put us just above the information desk, in two rooms attached with no door. The bath was in the far room, which meant that one had to travel through the others room to reach it. These rooms were very utilitarian. View of nearby rooftops. Lacking charm but better than a regular room situation for us. I think the other rooms in hotel were more charming - this perhaps was a place where family/staff stayed ocassionally? Had to go up very narrow spiral staircase to get to room.

More about Hotel Pendini

Florence, Italy

by Summer33

Beautiful view of the sun setting over the Arno River.

"Piazza della Repubblica"

This is a view from our room at the Hotel Pendini into the pizza della repubblica. We had an amazing room and view, I absolutely loved it!

Buongiorno Firenze!

by Geisha_Girl

"A little R & R on the Arno"

After non-stop parties in Paris and the French Riviera, the girls and I settle ourselves in Florence and look forward for some much needed rest and relaxation. We could not have picked a better place to do this.

My most vivid memory upon our first night arriving in Florence was taking a sunset stroll down to the River Arno. As we entered the walkway near the Uffizi Museum that led to the river, there was a haunting rendition of Pachelbel's "Canon in D" being played by a street performer. The streets were eerily deserted at that time so it made that moment even more captivating.

We were in awe of the beautiful structures surrounding us....Il Duomo, the Uffizi Museum.........and then the Ponte Vecchio beyond.

"Is it firm?"

Our first night in Florence was spent at the Hotel Pendini in downtown Florence. It was a quaint pensione-style accomodation conveniently located right across from the famous landmark in Florence, Il Duomo.

Here the girls are captured testing the firmness of the beds.........

"Florentine Architecture"

This is a shot of the incredible architecture of Il Duomo (designed by Arnolfo di Cambio at the end of the 13th century).

Hi, Would any care to share some advice on where to stay in florence?

by 818koloa

My wife loves the art, I like to eat and drink some good wine. based on our likes, which part of florence would you recommend? our budget for hotels ~150-180 per night.

Thanks and greatly appreciated!

RE: Hi, Would any care to share some advice on where to stay in florence?

by Beausoleil

Hi. We stayed on a wonderful farm south of Florence so I can't give hotel advice. However, there is a wonderful search engine here on this site.

Type Florence into the VT search window above and you will get a wide choice of member Home Pages about Florence. Scroll right to their Travel Pages. Then scroll down (may have to click More) to Florence. Once at Florence, scroll down to Tips and click on Hotels and Accomodations. You'll get lots of recommendations.

There is also an option for All Florence Hotels and Accomodations. There will be photos, member reviews, links and phone numbers.

Have a great trip.

by Iowa2

I looked in my old files for a wondeful small place that we stayed In Florence, but couldn't find the name. Sorry.

It was in the building next to the MEDICI-RICCARDI PALACE on Via Cavour. It was on the top floor reached by a monitored elevator.

Formerly it was a convent and it has been partitioned into small rooms with baths. Each room gets its piece of the frescoed ceiling. The windows opened out onto a courtyard of the local apartments.

It was run by a couple from England and had small breakfast in the reception area.

A short walk took you to the Duomo, market area, shops resaurants and train station.

I'll keep trying to find the name. We booked it through an outlet that represented small independent hotels. I hope that this is enough information to help you find it or that some other VT member will augment my increasinly senior mind.

by Iowa2

This may be it.

by jackcd

we stayed at the hotel Pendini sp.? a few years ago. it began on the 5th floor and went up to the 10th or so. it was nice, inexpensive and recommended by frommers or one of those . the best part was it was right next to a large piazza with lots of cafes and restaurants.

by 818koloa

hi all, thanks for the replies. i will definitly check out your recommendations.

also, what would you say would be your favorite place to eat in florence?

Comments