Hotel Pierre

Hotels.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• leothelion's Profile Photo

Fabulous Four Star Hotel in Florence

fantastic hotel right by the Ponte Vecchio, excellent bar staff who know how to make a Vodka Martini

Unique Quality: lovely bedrooms, excellent hotel staff, friendly service

Directions: Ponte Vecchio

• The Pierre is the place to be!

Location, Location, Location that is what is good about this hotel, you are only minutes from the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Republicca and the Duomo - fantastic setting. The staff are friendly and well presented plus they give good tips on local restaurants. I will certainly be back to this hotel should I hopefully return to Florence. NB the buffet breakfast was among the best I had in Italy.

Unique Quality: unbeatable location

Directions: ponte vecchio

• geeyook's Profile Photo

Centrally Located Hotel in Florence

This 40 room hotel is literally in the middle of Florence's attractions. Housed in a 13th century building with an 18th century facade it is a short cab ride or 15 minute walk from the train station. Located in the historical center of Florence across from the Post Office, it is one block away from Piazza Della Repubblica. Everything is within walking distance. The room was large by European standards. My room had air conditioning, telephones, television and hardwood floors. The hotel does not have a DSL internet connection. The marble bathroom had 2 sinks, toilet, bidet and small phone booth size shower stall. Breakfast was included featuring sliced meats, cheese, yogurt, cereal, fruit, croissants. The room was comfortable and clean, although I thought that the floors could have been cleaner. Service was attentive and friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Unique Quality: Located at the Piazza Della Repubblica, which is between the Ponte Vecchio and Duomo, the hotel is centrally located. Attractions are within walking distance.

Directions: across from Post Office, one block from Piazza Della Repubblica

More about Hotel Pierre

Great Service at Hotel Pierre

by TripAdvisor Member Athena419

During our third trip to Florence, my husband and I were booked at the Hotel Pierre. It's a lovely boutique hotel with 44 rooms on five floors. When we arrived, at about 1 pm, we were greeted warmly, our room was ready and we never touched our bags until they were brought to our room. The room was beautiful, with a wood floor and marble bathroom. Breakfast was included and the chef was proficient at American scrambled eggs! They don't have a restaurant but there are many within walking distance and the staff gives excellent recommendations. One minor problem is noise - if you're on the Via Del Lamberti side, you might encounter loud talking and, how shall I say it, exhuberent spirits. This went on some nights until 1 or 1:30 am and disturbed my sleep but not my husband's. Otherwise, this is a lovely place, situated perfectly for all the sights you would wish to visit.

Awesome !! Location, staff, amenities were all fantastic.

My wife and two kids (age 9 & 10) stayed at Hotel Pierre Aug 16th to 19th. We had a fantastic experience. From the moment we walked through the door the staff was attentive and professional. The folks at the front desk, lobby bar, porters etc. were all great.

We used trip advisor religously for our trip, and the reviews of the Pierre did not let us down. The one hotel (in Amalfi) that I let my travel agent choose, was the worst of the two weeks in Italy. As noted in the other Pierre reviews, location is awesome - next to Piazza Republica and short walks to the Duomo and Uffizi.

Our travel agent had also failed to pass along our request of adjoining rooms and when we arrived, the hotel had us on different floors - they were very proactive in trying to juggle people around so we could have two rooms close together. We ended up with two rooms across the hall which were spacious (by Europeon standards) and very nicely appointed.

Great food and restaurant choices close by. One night the bar staff arranged take-out from the gourmet restaurant across the street for our kids. They called, picked up the food, paid, and delivered it to our room. What service !! Email if you would like any more info.

Loved most things!

Location is perfect! Deluxe rooms were spacious and clean, with nice bathrooms. Staff were professionally courteous, but not overly nice. Breakfast staff could be more attentive to people, not just the dishes. Biggest problem was our room facing the street. Laundry pickup is every other day at 7AM, the truck that loads the laundry makes SO MUCH NOISE! I would make sure which location my room faced.

Can't Beat the Location...

by TripAdvisor Member JimmyP713

Overall the Pierre is a very nice hotel, but what makes it special is the location. A few minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio, Uffitzi, Santa Croche, etc...you can't ask for a better location. The double room was nice size, however the single was a tad small. Both rooms, however could use some updating with the furniture. The bathrooms are very nice marble, however, in the single room, there was a convertable shower in the middle of the bathroom...this was a little frustrating as the bathroom seemed to flood from each shower. The double room had a nice standard tub/shower. The staff was very accommodating, and even arranged a private tour of the city for us which was very nice. For the money, this hotel was very nice and the location was amazing.

Fantastic Location

We stayed at the Pierre for 4 nights in December. Fabulous location. Easy 10 walk gets you anywhere you want to go! The staff was very warm and helpful. We needed to have my daugter's coat dry cleaned, but brought it down late. They called the cleaners to make an additional pickup and had it returned that evening. If there is a negative, this part of the city never sleeps, so a room off the street will be quieter. The rooms are elegant and very nice size.

superb hotel

We spent a long weekend at the Pierre and had a wonderful time. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the American Bar with its welcoming staff was a wonderful place to relax after a hectic day visiting the sights. The location is great too as it is so central for all the beautiful places of interest everything being within easy walking distance.

Gypsy band in Piazza della Republica (Florence)

by Pasquali2

My wife and I were in Florence in October. Our hotel (Pierre) was right around the corner from Piazza della Republica. Every night, we would listen to this great four piece gypsy band play there. I regret not buying one of their cd's. Has anyone else heard this band play there? I think they are a mainstay at the Piazza.

Re: Gypsy band in Piazza della Republica (Florence)

by ForestqueenNYC

Yes I have heard them, but I also did not buy their CD. They were excellent.

If there was a violinst and accordion player there also when you were there, I did buy that CD. They may have moved up to Piazale Michelangelo. How divine to go to sleep listening to them play. They too were fantastic as was the guitarist from Poland who played at the Uffizi. Unfortunately he was not there when I went back this past summer, but I bought two of his CDs.

There are many exceptionally talented street musicians in Europe and I don't hesitate to buy their music. When I play it at home it brings back wonderful memories.

Re: Gypsy band in Piazza della Republica (Florence)

by Pasquali2

Thanks for your response. And yes, I did hear the violinist and accordian player, too. I wish I had purchased that cd.

Comments