Hotel Villa Cesi Ce.S.I.

More about Florence

The frontThe front

Piazza Della SignoriaPiazza Della Signoria

orioleoriole

Dad at lunchDad at lunch

Mrs Maureen Reavley

by MaureenReavley

I would like to purchase a toy from bartolucci in Via dei pastini. I dont know how to get through to the web site. Can you help.

by leics

The Bartolucci website does not seem to be up and running as yet.

I remember the shop though.

I think their address is

Bartolucci
Borgo Dei Greci, Firenze, FI 50122, Italy

You could try snailmail, or phone. Code for Italy then 55 2398596‎

There is another Bartolucci (a branch?) at

Via Condotta, 12r, 50122 Firenze

Phone code + 55211773

O dear.

That first phone number did not work very well.

55 2398596

by cgf

tre nine for Italy, then zero five five two three nine eight five nine six
+39 055 2398596 would work better :)

by leics

I thought one always dropped the '0' when using the country code?

If not, then I apologise.

by cgf

the zero is not dropped anymore, it used to be
actually you have to dial 055 first also if you are in Florence.

I see.

I assume that only applies to Italy? One still drops the '0' from the area code in the UK, if one is dialling from abroad.

yes, it's for Italy

by cgf

btw, there is no zero to call mobile phone

Travel Tips for Florence

If you hate queues...

by boggild

If you hate queues you'll probably end up having a problem at the Galleria degli Uffizi. The queue to get in is normally quite long.

But don't worry - there's a way to jump the queue. At the the museum itself it is possible to buy tickets for a later point in time. We were offered tickets for the next afternoon. You'll then use a special entrance and only have to wait in a short line.

If you instead of buying the ticket at the museum phone Firenze Musei (055 29 48 83) you can also order advance tickets but suddenly the selection is a bit bigger - we were late in the afternoon able to get tickets for next morning. You get a reference number which you have to use when you enter the museum through a special entrance (the same as if you buy the advance ticket at the museum).

For both services you pay a fee of EUR 3 per ticket. Not cheap, but definitely better than waiting in line for hours.

Language

by deebum25

I cannot say or emphasize it enough if you are going to Italy please please PLEASE learn at least enough of the language to communicate! I studied for 6 months before our trip so I was not fluent but it made for a wonderful experience to be able to communicate. Some of the worst behavior I have ever seen was from frustrated American tourists who fully arrogantly expected the Italians to speak flawless English while they themselves did not bother to learn a word of Italian. I have found that if you show the respect of at least trying to speak the language, no matter how badly mangled you will receive a warmer reception than those red in the face who think that yelling is going to get their point across. Remember we're visiting their country, why not learn a little bit before you go? That said, in the cities English is more prevalent but where we liked to eat in the family run trattorias the only English you would hear was, "No speak English!"

Siena's most prosperous era...

by shiran_d

Siena's most prosperous era pre-dated the Renaissance and consequently much of the fabric of the city is in the older Gothic and Romanesque styles.
Piazza del Campo.
There's a geat old tradition in this town that has been taking place in the main sq twice a year, on 2 July and 16 August, a notorious bareback horserace known as the Palio.

great bar!!

by Ladolcevita547 about Astor caffé ( bar )

I lived in Florence this summer 2010 and started most of my nights at Astor! Everyone is there - locals, tourists, students...The music was good and there are videos playing on the walls everywhere you look which gave the place a really fun vibe. While i was there they did a 2 for 1 drink special every week which packed the place up and was great for us college students :) It's right by the Duomo so it was nice to walk to clubs after we had some drinks. Check it out and get to know the bartenders and staff - my friends and I had so much fun with them! casual

To be Avoided

by Sugar_Grove_Traveler about Trattoria de Bargello

In Florence it is hard to find a really bad restaurant. I managed to find one-Trattoria de Bargello which is between Plazza Signorelli and Plaza San Cruce. When a steak knife arrived with the pizza we knew there was trouble. The pasta had less taste than canned Franco-American spaghetti! The bill arrived without itemization-I refused to pay without it. Guess what, they has a 15% tip built in and were hoping for more! Just walk by it-there are many more restaurants with spectacular food throughout the city. None

Comments