Hotel Wanda

Via Ghibellina 51 nero, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

More about Florence

Basilica di Santa Croce, Firenze (Florence)Basilica di Santa Croce, Firenze (Florence)

Piazza della Signoria, Neptune's FountainPiazza della Signoria, Neptune's Fountain

Statue of Neptune outside Palazzo VecchioStatue of Neptune outside Palazzo Vecchio

LoggiaLoggia

PLEASEE HELP! :)

by annette.bernard

Hi! i am arriving at the city in the first week of september for a year. can sumone please tell me what is the average cost of living for a student there in the current situation?? i have an apartment that is given by the university for 380 euros and otherwise have to fund everything myself. so could someone please help me with breaking up the monthly expenditure so that i can be prepared??

Re: PLEASEE HELP! :)

by microsensazione

In Padua University where I studied I remember students shared apartments. Anyway the costs were around 300 euro.
I'd suggest you a first month to "grow you up" in Florence life style. I highly recommend this: try to talk and become friend with other students as soon as possible. In this way you can keep deep and important info on how (and where) to spend your moneys and where not to spend them.

If you need more help let me know. I have a friend living near Florence and I could ask him some more information. OK?
Enjoy your study in Florence and feel you welcome in my Country!

Fabrizio

Re: PLEASEE HELP! :)

by annette.bernard

hi! thanks a lot for the reply! and yes it would be great if you can contact your friend! my email id is annette.bernard@gmail.com. and i will definitely plan a visit! :) thanks a ton! :)
cheers!

Travel Tips for Florence

Free food in bars!

by Zlur

Ok so you know how in Spain you get served free tapas (snacks) when having a drink? Florence is way more generous, because in almost every bar/club we visited there was ample food on offer for anyone who bought a drink! And I mean real food, dishes of pasta, italian antipasti, bread, cheeses...etc etc food that you could get full up on! We were astonished at this and wondered if we were attending a private party by mistake; their response was 'help yourself, as long as you buy a drink from the bar!' sweet :)

Modern sculpture

by codrutz

Right in front of the Palazzo Pitti I saw this sculpture that resembled so much with the works of Brancusi - the great Romanian sculptor. I guess I saw more in Florence, meaning there was some kind of street exibit. I wonder if somebody could tell me which school or artist was that.

Italian Cooking School 1

by mariocibelli

The Scuola di Arte Culinaria Cordon Bleu offers short and long term cooking classes in Italian , English and French throughout the year. Very professional set up and good prices.

Via di Mezzo 55r (near piazza s. ambrogio)

Trendy and modern bar

by alemir82 about Dolce Zuccerho

This trendy and modern bar often hosts small-scale art exhibitions, and is very popular with a hip crowd of locals and tourists. This is a great place to kick back, have a few drinks and mingle with some of the locals.

One more fantastic restaurant

by noirroi about Alle Murate

Alle Murate is now situated in the Palazzo of Judges and Notaries (13th century), as they say - during the day it works as a museum. They even have audioguides. In fact now you can observe only few walls with old frescoes (paintings). But one of these frescoes contain portrets of Dante and Bocacco. As for the food - it's a highest quality quisine - you can try their degustation menu and feel it yourself. But as usually (in Italy) - meat is not very good, just nice. Wine list is rich, try Supertoscans - really good wines. Prices are high, but still a little bit lower than Enoteca Pinocceria. We spent in Alle Murate the whole 2007-08 New Year evening in a company of 6 persons - the bill was abt 1300 euro. Still I recommend trying this restaurant at least once :-)

Comments