Via de' Pandolfini 33, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy
Hotels.com Venere.com Booking.com

More about Il Bargello B&B

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Bargello

by geeyook about Ristorante Il Bargello

Trattoria next to the Loggia Lanza in Piazza della Signoria. This is one of the many restaurants in the Piazza that cater to tourist. Expect to pay tourist prices, but it is a nice place for some pasta and house wine after museum hopping. The food and service is good. Sitting outside is recommended.

Museo Nazionale del Bargello

by Gypsystravels

The Museo Nazionale del Bargelo or Il Bargello was named for the police or Constable (Bargello) who ruled from here. Now the National Museum houses one of the most impressive collections of Renaissance sculptures anywhere in the world (namely three stories of treasures by Florentine Renaissance sculptors and a collection of Mannerist bronzes).

Down-to-earth Italian Food

by Brightling about Trattoria Il Bargello

Trattoria Il Bargello is a typical small family run restaurant in Florence we just happened to find at the end of on one of our walking tours of the city.
It's on the Borgo dei Greci, 37/r (just of the main square), they serve lunch from 12:00-15:00 and dinner from 19:30-11:00.
The restaurant is small but cosy, when you arrive your greeted with a free glass of sparkling wine while you read the menu. The cook was a friendly 'Italian Mama' who would come out of the kitchen and stand behine the bar making sure everything was ok. I started with the spachetti with meat sauce (plenty of meat sauce and absoutely the best I've had in Florence) followed by the roast lamb and potatoes with a mixed salad. The lamb was cooked to perfection and a good sized helping as were the potatoes, delicious!

Wow Wow Wow

by TripAdvisor Member canuk2

My husband and I just got back from Florence and had a wonderful time, most of the benefit goes to Gabriella and Massimo, our fantastic hosts at B&B il Bargello!! This place is just wonderful: from their great location, our beautiful room, fantastic bathroom (with fab shower!), bountiful breakfasts (and the chit chats!), wireless connection, roof-top terrace was a real treat and to our hosts who helped with everything. Gabriella also speaks english and french which makes everything just that much easier. The walk up to the 3rd floor was worth every step. It was like having a built in stair master! Just remember that if you decide to book with Il Bargello, contact Gabriella directly, much better and cheaper!! Here is their web site :
(---)
Thanks for everything Il Bargello!!! You can count on us coming back...and soon!!!

Absolutely wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member red18440

My husband and I, and another couple stayed at Il Bargello for 4 nights in June. Gabriella and her husband have created a gem in a "couldn't be better" location right in the historic center! The rooms were beautiful, and Gabriella was exceptionally welcoming. We loved the beautiful rooftop terrace, from which we had a special treat of enjoying fireworks one evening! We especially enjoyed breakfast conversations-----Gabriella is very knowledgeable about Florence, past and present, and was extremely helpful. We highly recommend Il Bargello, and hope to return!

Simply Gorgeous

After hauling my bags through the Florentine summer, I arrived at Il Bargello B & B to see a smiling Gabriella waving from the third floor window.
Situated in a small street, the surroundings are quiet enough to be relaxing, but close enough to all the main attractions to render it the perfect location for any type of holiday.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, with a home away from home atmosphere.
After staying for three weeks, I began to look forward to the simple but delicious breakfast (with the addition of freshly brewed espresso coffee) served by the ever-cheerful Gabriella each morning.
The roof top terrace is a must see, perfect for relaxing after a hectic day of sightseeing or shopping.
I would definately recommend Il Bargello B & B.
Make sure you take full advantage of hostess Gabriella's endless local knowledge of places to see, eat and shop!

Great location, fantastic hospitality!

My husband and I had a fabulous stay at Il Bargello. The location is perfect, the room attractive and comfortable, the breakfast delicious, and the hospitality warm and gracious. Gabriella made us feel welcome, accommodated our many requests, and was always there with a great suggestion for dining or sightseeing. We felt so well taken care of, it was hard to leave.

Perfect B&B in Firenze

by TripAdvisor Member NYCOnTheGo

Il Bargello was the perfect home away from home. This B&B is situated in the heart of Firenze steps away from the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio. The rooms were spotless and very elegantly decorated. We stayed only one night but it was wonderful. Gabriella served a wonderful latte with a delicious breakfast. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about Florence. It was great and I would recommend it to all of my friends! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed once...and came back.

My son and I stayed at Il Bargello B&B not long after they opened their doors in 2004. I liked it so much that I came back with my wife this year.

Gabriella and Massimo are the best hosts you will find. I've learned when flying into Florence from CDG to go straight to the lost luggage window at the Florence airport. Again, as last year, our luggage didn't show and Gabriella went to work. Instead of us spending a portion of our holiday on the phone trying to locate our luggage, Gabriella and Massimo worked each day to try and get us our luggage...and did. Gabriella was sincerely happy that she was able to help.

Couple this with very clean and comfortable rooms (they now even have air conditioned rooms), a rooftop terrace, good breakfast, and exceptionally helpful and friendly hosts, the Bargello B&B is the only place we'll stay in Florence.

If you can find a better B&B in Florence...well, you can't. So don't bother looking, you'll only waste your time.

Thanks, Gabriella and Massimo, for helping to make a great holiday (again)!

The amazing Florence

by Alex_71

"My city"

What to say about florence? You just have to come and visit:u have to feel the city.It's different from other cities in Italy,and the people it's different.Better or worse? I don't know..i know that i just love Florence.I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the world,u can walk and see "Giotto's tower"(il campanile di Giotto),or Ponte vecchio,or il Bargello,or "la porta del paradiso",and lots of other things.People is special,friendly but caustic,in a very tuscany way.Food is excellent(i love the bistecca alla fiorentina),and wine too.I just can say...come,try a weekend in florence,and then,i'm sure you'll want to come back again,and again,and again!

"A panoramic view"

Florence is amazing,and it's great to walk into the streets,or going in to the museums but,if you wanna make some panoramic pictures there are 2 places where you can go.One is the little town of Fiesole,that is on the hill,and you can arrive there by car,or bus(not on foot,too far),the other is Piazzale Michelangelo(we call simply"Il piazzale").You can arrive there by local bus or also walking from San Niccolò's area.It's ever full of people but,believe me,the view is just amazing

"some links"

Here i post some links that i hope can help,or be useful or just funny:

This one is about Florence city hall and it's all about the city of Florence
Florence city hall

This one is about events that are in Florence,maybe if you come here on holiday it can be useful
Events in Florence

This link is about monuments in Florence. Just for give an idea of the amazing masterpieces you can find in this amazing city
Monuments in Florence

I just spent some days going around with Sheila, a vt members, from US. It's ever great to have the pleasure of meeting other vt members and expecially when someone that is so special, and such a great person.

Feel free to leave a comment on my page or if you have time you can write an e-mail. Contact me if you need some help. I'm not sure if i can do something but at least i can try

Ristorante Il BargelloRistorante Il Bargello

Interiors are disappointing sparseInteriors are disappointing sparse

It is prohibited to walk on the flowerbeds.It is prohibited to walk on the flowerbeds.

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

Florence in a day

by bryanleighty

arriving in Florence in the early afternoon and have only 24 hours to spend there.
any suggestions to get the best experience with my limited time?
any suggestions of accomodations or eateries would be very appreciated too!

thanks so much..
great resource!!

-Bryan

Re: Florence in a day

by SFHulaGIrl

I stayed at the Hotel Porcellino on the last two trips to Florence (www.hotelporcellino.com); it's right by the Straw Market, around the corner (basically) from the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio and Duomo. Look on my Florence pages for photos of my room. Most everywhere I ate in Florence had wonderful food; go for the bistecca alla fiorentina and the ribollita. Make sure to save room for gelato. I even thoroughly enjoyed the tuna sandwiches they sold on the streets! Going to the top of the Duomo was quite an experience, but the long line may take awhile. However, if you go across the Ponte Vecchio to the Oltrarno, you can see Palazzo Pitti & the Boboli Gardens in one shot. The Uffizi may also take a long time (to get in and look around), but I loved the suits of armor at Il Bargello.

The day trips I've done from Florence were to San Gimignano, Siena and Orvieto. San Gimignano and Siena were both done by bus, but I had to switch busses in Poggibonsi to get to San Gimignano. The Siena bus was direct, thus easier. Both towns were amazing. Orvieto was unique, located high atop a plateau. There were tons of pottery shops. The Duomo, however, was covered in scaffolding on the day I was there. Beings it was a Monday, some places were closed, too. I was honestly a little bored in Orvieto after a few hours, but could have stayed in both San Gimignano and Siena much longer than I was able to.

Comments