Via Cavour 29, Florence, Tuscany, 50129, Italy
Orbitz.com Expedia.com AMOMA.com

More about Il Guelfo Bianco

A wonderful charming small hotel

The Il Guelfo Bianco is a small charming three star hotel in Florence. It is new and has very good features such as an elevator, bar,computor access,breakfast included,nicely appointed rooms with antiques,modern bath,mini bar,ect. The staff is one of the best features. They are very friendly,mulit-lingual, helpful and knowledgeable about Florence.
The hotel is centraly located and very near many of the main attraction in Florence.

W.G.P
San Francisco

Lovely boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Classics

This is a very nice boutique hotel located on the historic Via Cavour in the heart of Florence, one block from the Accademie Museum (David) and a few blocks from the Duomo. The common areas are open and welcoming, with antique furnishings, and the rooms are large and very accommodating. The bathroom was one of the nicest we had during our two week stay in Italy. The staff was very helpful, especially when we had left our passports at our previous hotel in Rome and they made arrangements to have them sent to us via Federal Express. The breakfast was very ample and the breakfast room and patio were very inviting. The person who said there was no elevator must have stayed at a different hotel, because this hotel definitely has a working elevator. Overall this was a pleasant experience, and we would recommend the Il Guelfo Bianco to anyone.

love this hotel and city

My family and I stayed here for 8 nights. Charming, lovely hotel. Since we had a few rooms, it was fun to just compare rooms (every room is different). The staff were so friendly and helpful. My mom got sick and they called a doctor, he got there in 10 minutes. The location is perfect, the breakfast so so. But that wasn't really important to us, the food in FLorence is great, so don't waste your appetite on breakfast. Lovely city. Will definitely go back and stay in this hotel! Reasonable prices too.

Great place to stay in Florence

by TripAdvisor Member Julwin

This was the first hotel of 5 different ones during our trip to Italy. Great location and an easy walk to the Duomo, not cheap, but then nothing in the large cities is cheap. The staff was always helpful and our room was large and quite lovely. Breakfast each morning was great. I would definitely stay here again.

A little gem in the heart of Florence

by TripAdvisor Member Foolish Antilope

Lovely hotel on an excellent location, the dome is only two minutes walking away, rooms are beautifully decorated and the bathrooms are great.
Very considerate staff. They even have umbrella's at the reception desk for their guests in case it rains (well it happened to me on my last day in Florence). Would certainly stay there again.
And for those who may have doubts about going to Florence, it's a wonderful lively town, I loved it !

Fabulous place in Florence

My sister and I spent seven days at IlGuelfoBianco in Florence and wish it had been longer. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Their information on the sights of Florence was very accurate and they did not hesitate to make helpful suggestions.The rooms are beautifully restored with historical furniture. We felt that we found our home away from home.

It's ok, but I think you can find better

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerSanMateo

My fiance and I stayed here for 2 nights. The location is fabulous, totally walking distance to everything. If you have a car, it will cost 24 Euros a day to park it. We had a room were we had to walk up winding staircases to the 3rd floor (no elevator). The front desk could not help us with our luggage. Be careful what you take at the breakfest buffet. Some items are not included in your stay and they will charge you for them when you checkout. (although they will not tell you while you are eating)
In my opinion, you could stay somewhere better at the same price.

Decent Value for the Money

by TripAdvisor Member guerillatraveler75

This hotel met our needs pretty well for a trip to Florence in early January 2005. Perhaps its best facet is its location, which is right on Via Cavour right in the historic heart of the city.

While we weren't terribly impressed with either the service by the head concierge (to their credit, only the head receptionist was a little snippy- the others were very nice and helpful)or the room itself (which was a little small and ratty), the hotel's general amenities, decor and food service were more than well done for a small establishment. Be warned that the walkways and stairs are very tiny so its not advisable for travelers used to large spaces.

The hotel also came in toward the bottom end of the very steep Italian hotel rates, making it a pretty good value for the money.

We Absolutely Loved this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member MCTozzo

I just returned from a trip to Italy. I took my 70 yr. old mother on her first trip to Europe along with some friends. We all absolutely LOVED this hotel. The location is extremely convenient to everything you'll want to see in Florence. The staff could not have been more helpful and all spoke excellent English. The rooms were all unique and really beautiful. The building is a renovated historic building. The bathrooms are all completely new and modern. The ceilings feature beautiful dark wooden beams. The windows all have lovely thick wooden shutters. I can't say enough about the hotel. Our absolute favorite hotel of this trip. I would most definitely recomment this hotel and would absolutely stay here again.

Very cute!

by TripAdvisor Member carolinaa

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel. The staff were helpful with recomendations of restaurants, tours etc. We needed our laundry done and the hotel does not priovide this service during weekends so we had to do it ourselves in a laundromat down the road. The location is great, we did not catch any taxis during our entire stay. I booked through their website in advance and got a great internet deal. The room was quite roomy, very clean and the decor extremely nice. Breakfast was sufficient to get you going for the morning, Tuscan food is great so I wouldn't bother getting full on breakfast. A tip - the tourist info centre is on the same street, we reserved entry to the museams through here and avoided lining up for 3 hours, it took us 5 minutes instead! Would definately stay here again.

Brancacci Chapel, ViewBrancacci Chapel, View

The facade is a more recent additionThe facade is a more recent addition

Very pretty!Very pretty!

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

San Lorenzo Market Leather shops

by itzmered

Does anyone know if any of the shops in San Lorenzo market have websites? I can't seem to find a listing of any of the shops.

thanks

Re: San Lorenzo Market Leather shops

by leics

I would think it unlikely that the market traders feel the need for websites and it's not something I would expect to find for the small shops which line the square.

These pages list some other Florentine leather shops: http://www.yourwaytoflorence.com/leather.htm

Re: San Lorenzo Market Leather shops

by eyeisnthelight

I have just returned from Italy. Some of the street vendors have cards. Some offer them and others you may need to ask for...not all have them though. And they may not have a webpage but just an email address. Get the cards from places you like and would buy from in the future. I did this with a ceramic shop because i knew my family would want other pieces of the collection i purchased for them!

Comments