Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 163% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• cherish's Profile Photo

Be spoiled in Florence!

JK Place is a small botique hotel in the Piazza Santa Maria Novella. Its about a 10minute walk from major sights. It only has 20 rooms and what they lack it size they make up for in amenities and service. Breakfast is served in the dining room- which is gorgeous- every morning and throughout the day snacks and pastries are available for guests. The staff tirelessly makes sure that any need you have is met- restaurant reservations, car reservations etc. This is definitely one of the best hotels ever.

Unique Quality: The dseign of the hotel is remarkable. Staying here made me feel like I was staying in a private palazzo of a rich relative. There is no attitude at all, you will feel as if all this luxury is what you deserve.

More about JK Place Hotel

Perfect Place to spend our Anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member ditti0621

Everything positive that has already been said about JK Place is true so I will just share the things unique to our stay for 2 night May 12-14th. We were there to celebrate our 5th anniversary and my husband's birthday on the 13th. I had made dinner reservations at Villa San Michele to surprise my husband and Angela arranged a private driver to pick us up in a Mercedes. This is after my husband had tried to surprise me with a carriage ride. The staff sent someone out 3 different times during the day to negotiate a price on our behalf. They advised us not to do it because it was ridiculously expensive. At dinner (which was fabulous) the waiter delivered flowers to the table that my husband arranged with the hotel to have delivered to the restaurant! After the car took us back to the hotel we enjoyed drinks at the rooftop terrace and they sent someone up to bring us drinks and snacks. When we went to our room there was a bottle of champagne on ice that my husband had arranged to be waiting for us when we returned. They were very accommodating and helpful with all of our little surprises we had for each other. I think they thought it was pretty amusing. When we checked out, we had not made transportation arrangements to get to our villa in Tuscany (Greve) so Angela checked on rental cars and bus schedules. She ended up coordinating a taxi to pick us up at the bus station in Greve through our villa that we were going to be staying at. The staff definitely went above and beyond what they would normally do, but I think they would have done the same for anyone no matter what. They definitely made our stay in Florence memorable and we will definitely return to Florence just to stay at JK Place again. We had a standard room, but it was still lovely with a four poster canopy bed and flat screen TV.

A true home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa827

My 14-year old son and I just returned from a 3-night stay at the JK Place Hotel, and it was truly the best experience we have ever had at a hotel.
The staff was wonderful to us even before our trip began. They took care of every reservation that we needed, and were so pleasant and accomodating when my Tuscany day trip and museum reservations all had to be changed because of the Palio race in Siena.
Every aspect of the hotel is beautiful, from the breakfast and TV rooms to the exquisite 2-floor junior suites. There are always cold drinks and treats waiting for you in the breakfast room when you arrive back at the hotel after an exhausting day of seeing the sights, and the mini-bar in your room is free. Their reasoning is that they want you to feel like you are at home, and believe me you do.
The location is great. You can walk to everything with the exception of the train station. While the hotel is located close to the station, it is a very difficult walk when you are in unfamiliar surroundings and have all of your luggage with you.
And the shopping? My son threatened to put blinders on me at least 3 times a day. The finest shops in the world are only minutes away.
I fell in love with Florence, and when I go back I will definitely be returning to the JK Place Hotel.

Second visit - this time with kids - and not disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member RCM-7

My wife and I stayed at JK Place in Florence about two years ago as an escape from our kids. We toured Italy and the south of France and JK stood out as the most unique, above-expectation experience we encountered (this compared with both Four Seasons Milan and the new Four Seasons in Fayence, France amongst others).
JK Place has somehow found a wonderful balance...an intimate boutique hotel, beautifully designed and maintained, and staff that truly make you feel at home. Anyway, that is how we felt on our romantic getaway in 2003.

Just last month, we returned, this time with our three children (2,4,6)...dangerous idea to try to duplicate any positive experience, particularly with kids in tow the second time around. Well, JK somehow achieved the impossible in making this visit spectacular as well. The staff were excellent with the kids (and hugely tolerant) and made us feel like we could do no wrong. The ground floor, which includes a family style dining room, a den with wifi and TV and a library, become the hang-out for our kids.

Our room, a 1 bedroom duplex, came ready to manage the crew with a pull-out bed made up and one extra cot already in situ. The room was excellent as expected. Service at JK is "on-request" - meaning you tell them what you require and they will sort it out. This includes getting kids movies, making special meals for kids, booking restaurants, etc. (note that JK Place does not have a full restaurant but they can do quite a bit and are happy for you to order out).

It is a special hotel, amongst the finest I know worldwide. It is not cheap by any standard but I think it is safe to say that you can expect more than you paid for. I am looking forward to many more visits.

6 Star Quality Hotel

The J.K. Place in Florence (------) is without question the best hotel that we have ever stayed at. The service is impeccable. The towel racks and bathroom floors are heated. The breakfasts that are served in the dining room or brought to your room are included in the price and the food is excellent. Every detail is what you would find in a 5 Star hotel at a cost of $1200.00 night or more. Even the exit stairwell that you can take in place of the elevator are decorated, with the windows covered in draperies and the stairwell is immaculate with marbled walls and artwork. This is a small hotel so be sure to book as far in advance as possible. My wife and I would come back to Florence just to stay in this hotel.
Gregory and Nancy Ackerman
Rancho Mirage, California

The Best

This hotel MADE our trip to Florence. Although the room was expensive and smallish, it was completely worth the money. First of all, every detail in the room is luxury. The furnishings, flat-screen tvs, marble bath w/ moulton brown products...the list goes on. We definitely treated the hotel as an escape from the hustle & bustle of Florence. And we have NEVER had a better experience with hotel staff -- the crew at JK Place was eager to make all of our dinner and museum reservations, car rental, etc. We looked forward to breakfast in the sunny atrium room every day. From the hotel, you can easily walk to all of the hits of Florence -- the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio are less than a 5 minute walk. On the whole, one of the most memorable hotels we've ever stayed at. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VJO

Stayed at the JK Place earlier this spring. The hotel is conveniently located only a block from the train station (SM Novella). While this wasn't the best hotel we stayed at while in Italy, we were certainly not dissappointed in the least. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the hotel interior seemed in pristine condition and nicely decorated.

The room, while a bit smaller than we would have liked, was still very nice and comfortable, and the bathroom was great. The snacks provided downstairs throughout the day were a great touch, and breakfast was one of the better ones we had throughout our stay.

Overall - I would say this was an excellent experience. I think the only reason that I was just slightly "let down" was due in large part to the tremendous amount of glowing remarks I had read about JK beforehand. I agree, it's a great hotel, but my expectations were a but higher than they should have been after reading all of the comments people had posted.

Regardless, I definitely recommend the JK if you are in Florence! Great hotel, staff and location...

A home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Shoesgal

My husband and I have just returned from Florence this afternoon. We stayed at JK Place for 3 nights based on the excellent review in Conde Nast Traveller which was further strengthened by reveiws on this website.

A most excellent time was had. The hotel is chic, with beautiful features and original touches designed to make the visitor feel very much at home. Special emphais was made to keep the ambiance homely. The outdoor sign was so discreet that we missed the entrance all together and ended up walking round the piazza twice!

The staff excelled themselves in all aspects of service. They really couldn't do enough for us. We especially loved the communal breakfasts in the "courtyard". There was the added bonus of not having to pay for in-room drinks in the room and the wonderful snacks, iced tea and cakes in the courtyard. We were in danger of gorging ourselves on these edible delights and missing dinner entirely.

We stayed in a deluxe room but on our next visit we've promised to treat ourselves to a junior suite.

A thoroughly delightful experience.

City Chic has a name: J K Place

by TripAdvisor Member UpscaleTraveller

This elegant small hotel is the best home in Florence. The decor is unsurpassed for understated elegance, architectural excellence.
Breakfast is a feast, as is afternoon tea.
The service is outstanding, more like staying with family that reallyreally loves you and is glad to make your trip a dream come true.
The location on Piazza Santa Maria Novella is central to Florence, making any sightseeing an easy walk.
The beds have true pressed linens, luxurious bathroom amenities. Send me back as soon as possible. I will always stay at J K Place.

Amazing place to stay!

We were not surprised to see that those who reviewed this hotel gave it the highest marks. It was one of the best places we've ever stayed. Period. A cross between a hotel and B&B, it was the perfect mix. We felt pampered from the moment we stepped into the lobby. Staying in this hotel actually made it difficult for us to motivate ourselves to see the sites in Florence. The service was impeccable. The surroundings lavish, yet comfortable.
Bottom line, if you can afford it, stay here!
Side note: If you are looking for a great restaurant nearby, (that specializes in Tuscan cuisine) , we recommend Ristorante "Buca Mario." The food was great and staff made it a wonderful night!

Comments