Via Solferino 2, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kraft hotel is krafty

Our stay was for three nights in this hotel, the hotel is near the station and we walked to it and found it easily. The hotel is in a quite area a nice stroll along the river edge down to the main area (takes about 10 mins). The hotel staff are very helpful and the hotel is very clean, our room was nice. The breakfast is continetal but still very nice. We ate in the restaurant on the terrace the first night, it has two sections one where you can have a light meal and the other is the main restaurant area, we ate in the latter. the food was really really good we had the 4 course tuscan platter at a cost of 36 euros each then the wine on top of that, it was well worth it, Also the view from up on the roof whilst dining is stunning. We thought this might be a bit expensive, so the next night we ate in town and the price in the end was not much different. I would stay in this hotel again if I returned to Florence.

Unique Quality: The hotel has the benefit of a pool on the roof, whilst it is small it is very welcome in the middle of August after a morning sightseeing, ther are sunbeds as well and we had no problem finding one.

More about Kraft Hotel

Great views

Great views from the pool terrace. Better not, ......great, just wonderfull views.

Clean, nice staff, good breakfast and very modern rooms.

No problem with the noise.

Con:
Just a bit far from the center of the city. To get to the domo you can take a nice walk across the Arno River (15 min).
Difficult to get by car.

Kraft Works

by TripAdvisor Member WilliamPA

Although, the pricing seemed a bit high, we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is close enough to walk to the centre (1km) yet far enough out to be quiet at night.
The staff were on the ball and the breakfast was as good as we have had in mainland Europe.
Try and avoid the 5th floor, as there is a restaurant and kitchen, which can be noisy, if you need to get to sleep early.

Very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member boomertraveller

I have finally gotten around to writing a review of this place. We stayed there in mid December, 2005. The staff at reception were immediately hostile, almost fearful, and informed us that no phones in the hotel were working due to no fault of their own. They claimed that the phones would soon be working. It took at least two days for the phones to work properly. As I had had my credit cards stolen at the Rome train station (they were in my purse which was lifted from my handbag), I needed to make quite a few phone calls. I ended up having to use my cell phone to make the calls - very expensive.

Aside from this, whenever we asked for something from the reception staff, they looked bemused or annoyed and tried to get rid of us as quickly as possible. A salient example of how they treated us was the time they called us a taxi. Immediately prior to me was a young woman waiting for a taxi. She came into the lobby, and her taxi arrived outside. She stood talking to her family for a while then smiled at the reception man and told him she no longer wanted the taxi. He then gestured to me that we could have that taxi, which had been waiting for five minutes for the other woman. When we got into that cab, the meter was at 5 Euros already! The driver claimed that he had been waiting all that time and would charge for it. Of course, he had been waiting for the other woman -- not us!! Now the hotel receptionist knew very well this would happen. He had been having fun at our expense.

We insisted to the driver as he drove off that we should not have to pay this amount and we made the driver turn around and return to the hotel where the receptionist reluctantly got the driver to put the meter back to 0!!

The hotel itself was acceptable for the price, but the staff really made it unpleasant. They gave us no help whatsoever.

My advice: give it a miss.

Modern, Clean, High Standards

by TripAdvisor Member cerij101

The Kraft is a very modern, high quality hotel in Florence. The rooms, though not large, are well equipped and the bathroom is excellent. Breakfast is superb. The only problem is that the staff are a little austere and parking costs 20 Euro per day. Recommended.

Great Hotel

We loved the Kraft! From some of the reviews that I read on here and other sites they said that the hotel was sub par. We found that the kraft was great. The room that we had was spacious and clean and quiet. The hotel was just outside the craziness but within a five minute walk of everything. Florence is so small everything is a five minute walk. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous speaking english and helping us out whenever possible. The price for our room was not outrageous and after some of the other hotels we stayed at in italy they could have charged more for what we got. The complimentary breakfast was great. We just loved this hotel.

perfect with some issues

by TripAdvisor Member gemelin

okay-it would have been perfect if we hadn't had a problem with our reservation. We planned this trip ten days before we were to leave on a 4 city 12 day trip-florence being the 2nd leg. Long story short, I tried to book on their website with a credit card, when I did not receive any confirmation page, I emailed twice to make sure it went through. Got nothing back for 24 hours, so I rebooked it through priceline(at a higher rate). I wrote again to confirm the new reservation and got a comfirmation.

When we arrived, the woman at the desk had two sets of reservations. I explained what had happened, and she was pretty rude to us-tried to make me feel like an idiot, and insinuated that we might have to pay for 4 rooms when we only needed two. In the end, it was fine but it turned out that they don't have an agreement with priceline so we had to pay for it at the end after I had already paid for it through priceline. Turns out, I didn't actually pay priceline, but I thought I had-so it was annoying and stressufl to argue with the manager after a lovely stay, but it all worked out.

THe hotel itself was perfect for us -in the embassy district, a nice walk to the center so a restful place to come after a busy day of touring. The rooftop pool, while modest, is exactly what you need after a long sweaty day at museums, and it has an amazimg view of the whole city. All in all I would come here again. ANd they gave uys a baby crib. The concierge, Giorgio, was excellent.

Great location and the pool is a real treat!

by TripAdvisor Member T&MWilson

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a lovely time. It is clean, the staff are very friendly, the pool is fantastic for a dip after a hectic day in the hot sun, breakfast is plenty and we even tried dinner which was delicious.
The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from the station and in walking distance to everything else. Try to book museums in advance as it is the busy season.
Fantastic!

Great Place for a Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member lsandora

A great place to call home for two weeks! The hotel staff was friendly and were helpful with some of our day excursions into Tuscany. Breakfast on the mezzanine was well displayed with a variety of fruit, cheeses, cereal and pastry. Our room with a balcony was classy, spacious, modern, had parquet and tile floors, his and her closets, great water pressure and air conditioning. Conveniently located one street across from the Arno river, a ten minute walk to train/bus station and a twenty minute walk along the Arno to Ponte Vecchio where there are shops galore of gold and to Piazza Della Signoria , Duomo and museums. The roof top pool, bar and restaurant had a spectacular view and a great spot for a light lunch and dinner or the outer terrace for a romantic dinner with a view.
Ciao and have fun!

Terrace and pool a bonus

by TripAdvisor Member crreview

My friend and I have just returned from a 3 nights stay at the Kraft hotel. We were very pleased with the accommodation, our room was large, it was spotlessly clean and the air con was quiet and efficient. The area is quiet and relatively traffic free yet only a few blocks away from the start of the town. The inclusive breakfast was plentiful and varied.
Food and drink are available on the lovely roof terrace. A few steps further up is the pool terrace where you get fantastic panoramic views of the city. The staff were pleasant and helpful they made calls to check prices and when we asked if they new the train times they checked their computer and printed them off for us. We would return to this hotel and would happily recommend it.
If you fly into Pisa airport the train to Florence will cost you 5 Euros the bus approx 7 Euros. It takes just over an hr for both.
The red open top bus tours round Florence offer 2 routes. Both are included in the 20 Euro cost and they are valid for 24hrs.

Help with nice Hotel in Florence with a Pool for 4 nights in July for family of 5 (3 teens)

by sandytravel

Wonder if anyone could help us locate a hotel in a good location in Florence
with a pool for 4 nights in July. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Kraft?
We would like a convenient place that is easy to get around. Thanks

Comments