Le Residenze Johlea

Via San Gallo 76 & 80, Florence, Tuscany, 50129, Italy

More about Le Residenze Johlea

Wonderfull Place

The roof terrace is very romantic and it is a beautiful location to view the city in the sunset, with a cool bottle of wine.
The personel at the reception are well informed and very helpful.
The room was comfortable and clean.
I liked the trey with self made coffee and tea in the room.

Would definately recommend the Johlea

by TripAdvisor Member CiaoBella13

Suited us perfectly - 4 of us in one room - a four poster bed and 2 camp beds for our children aged 12 and 9 - for 165 euro. Small bathroom as expected but plenty of hot water & a powerful shower. All staff were extremely pleasant & spoke good english (just as well as our italian is limited to ciao bella!) Close, easy walking distance to main sights and good cafes close by. A bottle of wine on the roof terrace set our Friday evening off nicely with views of the duomo and centro storico. We found the help-yourself breakfast to be plentiful & lots of choice. We parked the hire car around the corner at the recommended parking (20 euro for 24 hours) - not that easy to find & staff to assist even more hard to find! When we did find someone they shrugged their shoulders & said we'll sort it tomorrow - we then ended up with a note on the car asking why we hadn't booked it in?????

Overall - we loved it!

5-star experience at economy price!

by TripAdvisor Member millefeuille

Just wanted to say how very impressed we were with Johlea I and the value for money it represented - we would certainly choose it next time.
Rooftop terrace with view of duomo was icing on the cake.

Lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member MissYenni

One of the nicest places I stayed in Italy. Staff was very helpful and room was very beautiful.

I did have one small incedent when I lost the key coming back to the rezidence at midnight and there was no one available since staff leaves at 8 pm, and no one answers the phone for assistance. Fortunely another couple opened the door to the building and I found the missing key to our room, but it was mainly my fault. And if ever come back to Florence I still want to stay again at the Johlea!!!

Sweet and special holiday

by TripAdvisor Member jaboli

Finally, I have been to a extraordinary place! As I wrote a bad review about an hotel in Genoa, this time I'm very happy to send a good one in Florence. As me and my family arrived in the hotel, a smiling girl received us and offered all the informations we need about the hotel and the city. The room and the common area were very cosy and warm. Our son found a teddy on his cot. We could have a cup of tea in the room whenever we wanted because there was a kettle with tea bags available (my husband really appreciated it, he's english!). We got all the reservations for the museums and the delicious restaurants. One afternoon another girl of the reception booked for us a wine and olive oil testing in the famous Cantina dei Marchesi Antinori in Badia Passignano, a lovely country village. All this happened in a fantastic city like Florence, can you ask more?

Wonderful little gem in Florence

by TripAdvisor Member Angelinas74

From the moment we arrived to the time we left, the staff at the Johlea made us feel at home. The location is a bit off the beaten path from the attractions in Florence, but the walk down San Gallo in front of the hotel was very enjoyable (shops, cafes, restaurants). The staff was extremely helpful and spoke English, and our room was fantastic - high ceilings, marbled bathroom, enormous bed, antique furniture. The only drawback was that our room was next to the front desk, so the noise level at peak times was a little crazy. But when you're out and about all day, that doesn't matter much. The breakfast was great, as was the view from our window. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a romantic getaway in Florence.

Friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member RandR-NL

We stayed in the Johlea I building.
Positives: Friendly, helpful staff; the room and bathroom were huge & furnished nicely.
Negatives (minor): king bed was 2 doubles pushed together; breakfast room is small (no seating-take back to room)
The location is good -- not right in the center but everything is within walking distance. Particularly close to the accademia.
Overall a very pleasant experience and we would stay again.

Not exactly what we expected

by TripAdvisor Member ginruf

My family and I stayed here for four nights. The walls are thin, and you can hear everything. There is no privacy. Also, there is not a sitting area or a lobby, so if you are going with a group or another couple, you will need to stay in your rooms to socialize. The beds are lumpy, and the towels are like dish cloths. However, if you are on a budget and just need a clean, safe place to stay, it isn't bad.

Not as beautfiul as the website makes out

by TripAdvisor Member MrandMrs_7

If you visit the website you'll be lead to believe that the Residence Johlea is beautiful and great value for money.

It is value for money in relation to other hotels in Florence, but essentially it is a B&B and quite basic, not as decadent as it looks online. The pictures they use are mainly of the reception area and not the 95 euro rooms!

Staff were pleasant and everything is withing walking distance but if we went back we would opt for a different hotel.

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member BrightonBems

I read about this hotel in a guide book, and booked it online, and it was really lovely. Our room was in the attic and we felt like we had our own mini apartment. There is no breakfast room so you have to negotiate the stairs with your breakfast tray..which is tricky.
The staff were fantastic, really helpful. The hotel itself was really charming. My boyfriend Stephen loved it too.
We will go back hopefully.
Emma Smith