Via San Gallo 73, Florence, 50129, Italy

Satisfaction Poor

More about Florence

along the Arno Riveralong the Arno River

Neptune's fountainNeptune's fountain

Benvenuto Cellini statue on the Ponte VecchioBenvenuto Cellini statue on the Ponte Vecchio

Palazzo della Signoria (Florence, Italy)Palazzo della Signoria (Florence, Italy)

Florence in April

by Essexgirl35

I am taking my husband to Florence for his 40th bithday in April. We are thinking of staying at Hotel Alba on Via Della Scala. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for the Saturday night and also somewhere for dancing. We like Salsa if there are any clubs?

Thanks for your help. I want to make it a special trip so any ideas greatly received.

by leics

I looove salsa!

Some Florence dance bars listed here:

and here:

If you dance with anyone else, or join a rueda, remember that leads/styles/calls may differ. New York salsa is nothing like Cuban salsa really, and neither are the same as Spanish salsa.

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

by Essexgirl35

thanks for the info. I am sure we can find one.

thanks very much

by Essexgirl35

what would be the age group at some of these clubs. Nothing worse than getting stuck with a load of 21 year olds. We are 37 and 40 are any of these places more geered up to this age group? thanks

by leics

No idea. You'll just have to go 'on spec' and look through the windows (or go in for a quick drink!).

Unless a VT-er from Florence who salsas gives us a better idea of the local scene!

by Gard

Hi

I went to Florence with my wife last summer. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm and there I have also written about the places we went to to eat :-) I hope you can find some useful info there :-)

Regards
Gard

Travel Tips for Florence

Piazza della Libertà

by Azhut

This square is one of the most important in Florenze very close to the city centre. Piazza della Repubblica (1883-96) has a great triumphal arch leading to Via Strozzi, Palazzo Strozzi and then to Via Tornabuoni the "elegant" street of Florence.

Street art

by Karahan

There are many street artists all around Florence as in other cities of Italy. You can see them especially on main streets that tourists' most use.

They have frames at various points of the city and some of them are very talented. It could be worth or interesting to see. And do not forget to pay your visual pleasure ;)

Fairy-tale woodworker's shop

by ema522 about Bartolucci

Walking into Bartolucci is like stepping into Geppetto's workshop and meeting Pinocchio. It's the type of traditional craft shops that have all but disappeared here in the United States. While the showpiece is a life-sized wooden motorcycle (doubtlessly not for sale), the real draws are the adorable painted wooden objects like clocks, lamp bases, decorative plaques and the like. Any child or child-at-heart would be delighted with a gift from Bartolucci, especially if it's personalized; in fact, I bought plaques for my friend's little boys with their names in Italian. All manner of wooden decorating accessories painted with darling animals, most of which can be personalized at no extra charge. Cost depends on the size & design, but most things are very affordable & under 30 euro

How to reach Florence
- ...

by slaybelle

How to reach Florence

- by car (A11 Highway).
There are various car parks in the outskirts of the city.
In the centre it's quite easy to get around on foot or by bus.
- by train (Santa Maria Novella train station is right in the heart of the city).
- by bus (the 'APT' (Local Tourist Office) in Marina di Massa will be able to give you all the information you might require).

The most expensive meal we had

by EllenH about Osteria dell olio

It had been a very long day and we just wanted a nice meal with a good bottle of wine. We stumbled onto this place while wandering through the San Lorenzo markets. It looked like a nice place so we tried it. It ended up costing 92 euros for not even enough food to fill the three of us including a 20 euro bottle of wine. The first dish of pasta with tomaotoes and mozzerella was indeed delicious but the bisteca fiorentina that followed was not only not the t -bone we expected, it was at least 1/2 bone, and it cost well over 50 euro. We just had to cut our losses at this point and get out of there.

Comments