Via Nazionale 10, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Hotel Machiavelli Palace
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Very good location, value for the rates

For a culture-oriented tourist without a car, this is a very good location within walking distance of practically all sights in Florence and also the main railway station and the bus station. There were several good food and wine shops around for buying evening snack after a day of walking or excursions.

Upon arrival we found out that the refridgerator of our room was not working, and we were given another room.

Air conditioning was functioning well. Florence seems to be fairly warm even in June.

The breakfast was a bit "plastic" with lots of individually packed cheeses etc., but considering the hotel rating it was ok.

Unique Quality: The location is perhaps the only outstanding characteristic.

• Brehone's Profile Photo

Machiavelli Palace

We arrived in Florence soaked to the skin with everything we owned wet and dripping from a surprise storm that had hit in Venice and poured on the entire region. Because there was a train strike on the day we were supposed to leave we rented a car and made our way to Florence. Upon our arrival the staff was kind and even helped us find a closer drop off point for our car. The rooms were clean,although a little musty and fairly large for Europe.

Unique Quality: Close to the train station and the Duomo and all museums. Everytihng is a walk away.

Directions: Near train station

• einokj's Profile Photo

Machiavelli Palace

This is a hotel in the city centre. When I was looking for a hotel via internet for two people (two single rooms), it turned out to be the least expensive in the city center.

Unique Quality: Well, this depends. The location is perfect, close to the railway station. The price was cheaper, however when my friend took the hotel room without advance reservation, he got it even chaper (80?) . That naturally annoyes me.

The rooms are nicely decorated, however the view can be horrible like it was in my case (room 101). I have problems with bathroom since the shower was bit plugged. My friend in room 102 had problems with the air conditioning that caused lot of noise every now and then. However, the breakfast was good (and the waitress looked bit like J.Lo :-) No problems, though. We managed to left the luggages to the hotel while we were waiting our driver to San Gimignano.

• pili's Profile Photo

Hotel Machiavelli Palace

Located in the historical centre, this hotel has nice rooms, with very small bathrooms.-

Situado en el centro histórico, este hotel tiene buenas habitaciones, pero muy pequeños baños

More about Machiavelli Palace

The Machiavelli Palace is in a great location.

Located only about 3 blocks from the Train Station and only around the corner from the Florence Flea Market you cannot beat the location. There are however a few things I'd like to point out. While it used to be a Palace, it has since been a convent and now a hotel. The rooms are very small and the walls are thin(you can hear people coughing next door and you swear they are in your room). The hallways echo loudly and our room was located above the kitchen so we heard the compressors all night. Also, at breakfast time you could hear all the dishes clattering from the Dining Room. No need for an alarm clock. The staff was very nice and helpful but they do have a few things there that need to be corrected to make the visitors stays more enjoyable. Probably would not stay there again but stay in the same general locale.

The breakfast was very good there though.

Janis M
Ft. Lauderdale

Comfortable and good location

Six of us enjoyed a three day break at this hotel. It was very close to the station and market. Rooms were comfortable and clean although the showers were very small. Our room looked onto the courtyard and was quiet and restful. Breakfast was disappointing, contrary to what others have said, with tinned fruit poor quality cereals and orange juice, UHT milk and lukewarm tea and coffee. Despite this, we would recommend this hotel for it's location, friendly staff and value for money.

Nice Hotel, Very Convenient Location

I thought this hotel was a step above for a 3 star. The hotel and our room was very nice and clean and felt relatively new. The location could not be beat as it was very close to the train station, shopping, and sites.

Bathroom was very clean but small and smelled bad until I poured some water in the floor drain as the trap was apparently dry. After that it was fine.

Breakfast was standard fare but good. From the fire escape map posted I could tell room shapes varied and sizes varied. Ours looked to be about average and was placed next to a varanda on the 3rd story looking over tiled roof tops. Very nice...

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maggy55

This was part of a very economical Virgin tour package so it was a bit of a crapshoot but I was very pleased with the choice. The shower was eensy but i didn't live in the shower so it's a moot point.

the staff was very helpful and friendly, but the breakfast - not so much. we ended up eating at this great little cafe right across the street. the train station is literally a five-minute walk, it's convenient to the Duomo and other sites and it's in a charming little neighborhood.

It's not a hotel to swoon over, but perfectly wonderful and comfortable. I'd recommend it wholeheartedly for anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay in a convenient location.

Nice surprise

Booked thru Virgin Tours sight unseen. Nice surprise. Easily walkable to train station. Next door to outdoor marketplace. Short walk to Duomo cathedral. Short walk to David Statue. Hotel was clean and simple. Room with street view. Safe neighborhood. Breakfast hearty continental. Bathroom clean. A good value.

2 Thumbs Up!

We were very pleased with this hotel! Although not extremely fancy, it is a very clean and well taken care of hotel. The staff was exceptional as they were friendly, took care of our every request....including car parking needs (actually took/picked up our rental car to/from the garage when we needed it), and one of them (think he might have been one of the owners) actually gave some really great Tuscan countryside sight-seeing advice. The room we had on the third floor towards the back end of the hotel was of good size and perfect for our needs (yes the shower was the only problem as it was the typical "european" setup & small with one of those detachable shower heads that tend to squirt all over the place). On a side note, as someone else here noted, some of the rooms do look to be very small (according to the fire escape plans on the wall) and oddly shaped, especially on the hotel's sides near the main stairwell. Great location, everything within walking distance (get ready to barter for that new leather coat...merchant's square one block away), the Uffizi, train station, and on and on ...and a nice pub at the end of the street to the left of the hotel.

Hotel Suggestion

by lota82

Could you recommend me a nice hotel in the centre of Florence? Thanks

Re: Hotel Suggestion

by J_Antunes

Hello...

I stayed in a place called Hotel Centrale. It's not very fancy or brilliant but it was cheap comparing to the alternatives (74 euros for a 3x room in August), clean, people were nice, breakfeast was good, quiet, the room was spacious and specially it had a great location (1 minute walking from the Duomo). I booked throughout www.venere.com.
Take care,
Have a nice trip,
João.

Re: Hotel Suggestion

by gone_coastal

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Machiavelli Palace in June, 2001, and I really liked the place.

Not quite fancy enough for my wife (she prefers luxe when traveling for business) but I enjoyed everything about it, especially our balcony!

Good luck!

Re: Re: Hotel Suggestion

by eileencat1

You might want to list a price you are looking for. This is a B&B and a great one! Check out the link below:

Very central location, great clean rooms , quiet, safe, and wonderful buffet breakfast. You can check the prices on the site, I'm not sure when you will be there and the prices change through the year.

I'll be there again for two nights in Feb. 05 and got a great price.

Good luck!