Palazzo Dal Borgo - Hotel Aprile

Costs 125% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Palazzo Dal Borgo - Hotel Aprile

Great florence Hotel

by Maddcovv about Hotel Aprile

We started in a 3rd floor room facing the street but moved to a room facing the courtyard and with a painted ceiling. We loved it! The birds woke us up early and the walls were kinda thin. If your a light sleeper bring a noise machine. Great Bar area and courtyard. Hotel offers history lessons at night on mondays/wednesdays. Nice people. Made our museum reservations for us.

Clean and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member kvandor

The Hotel Aprile is clean, comfortable and centrally located. The staff speaks English and are polite. The continental breakfast was ample and, if the weather is nice, the garden makes a lovely spot to enjoy it. We stayed there on two different nights and so had two different rooms. The first room was spacious and beautiful while the second was on the small side. Try to avoid the smaller room that we had - Room 29. Its a great place to stay if you are riding the rails since the train station is close by. Overall, we had a positive experience there and would recommend it.

Look elsewhere...

Very disappointing hotel for the $$$. We had stayed the previous weekend at the Hotel Plaza Lucchesi for 30Euros less & there was NO comparison! The location is rundown & our room was as well. The bathroom was tiny & cramped...thank goodnes it was only one night's stay!

Not worth the money you save

by TripAdvisor Member magpie#9

First, this hotel is in a bad section of Florence. While only a 10 minute walk from the main attractions, you have to pass by a sleazy plaza filled with men drinking. Then, we could feel the bed springs poking our backs in the first room we were given. We asked for another room which they weren't too happy to do. The second room had slightly better beds yet it was right on the street so we heard every bus, scooter, and car pass by. Luckily, the street noise was drowned out by the sound of the room's air conditioner so we had it on constantly throughout the night so we could sleep. The staff was not very friendly and the hard bread for breakfast just did not cut it.

Our stay at the Aprile

What a delightful hotel!! I stayed at the Aprile recently with my family and we felt right at home. Our rooms are overlooked the courtyard so we slept wonderfully and the marble bathroom were a real touch of luxury! Staff were kind and very helpful. I would highly reccomend it.

Delightful Stay at the Aprile

by TripAdvisor Member Maggie524

We stayed here with a group of friends for three nights in September. We really enjoyed the Aprile as if it were our home. We had lovely breakfasts in the garden; they even made me iced tea every morning! The staff made reservations for us at a restaurant which had lovely outdoor seating, and we went back a second night. We loved the convenient location, an easy walk to almost everywhere!

Great hotel in the centre of Florence

Very nice boutique style hotel in a centrally located part of town. Five minutes walk to rail station so good place to stay if arriving by train. We had a really nice, very large room on the ground floor. The room had two bathrooms, i.e. one large bathroom with a vanity, toilet and bidet, and the other with the shower and vanity. The bed was huge with a four poster and drapes, very lovely. The hotel is in a very old building, which is very quaint. The breakfast was basic but served either in the nice courtyard or in the two internal dining rooms which had beautiful painted ceilings, felt like you were really in Italy.

Make sure you ask for a room off the street!

Make sure ask for a room off from the main street...or else you should expect to get very little sleep. The area is kind of seedy so there are people yelling outside until about 3:00 AM. After that, the big trucks start roaring down the street, and the all day traffic starts at about 6:00 AM. I emphasize - NO SLEEP!!!

Great hotel

My husband and I spent a week at the Aprile in december and we absolutely loved it. A hotel of real charm, our room was spacious, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. Great location. But what made the difference was the warm service. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. Not to mention Alexandra’s evening talks of history and art in Florence. I would certainly stay there again and reccomend it to our friends.

Enjoyed

My family and I stayed at the Aprile in April 2004 during Holy Week. We booked two rooms, one of which was awesome. It was large with a great view of the garden and the cathedral next door. It also had a spacious bathroom. The other room we were initially assigned to was small and smelled of pesticide. They quickly accommodated us and set us up in a room on the first floor (more like the basement). It was an even larger room with a nice bathroom, but it faced the street. Therefore, there was some noise in the morning, but nothing too bad. The trash bins were outside of our room - which could have posed a problem, but since it was cold out there wasn't a problem with any odors. The concierge was extremely helpful with getting us reservations to see David, which allowed us to walk on in instead of standing in a lengthy line. The breakfast was standard, but enjoyable. On our return to Florence from Venice, we stayed at the Aprile's apartments across the street. This was much nicer, because it allowed for more privacy, it had a kitchen, and it was much more reasonable than paying for 2 hotel rooms. It was still under construction at the time, so there were only a few people around (which was fine with me). The hotel is conveniently located by the train station, which makes it easy to get to other cities.

Hotels withQuad rooms

by lovey6687

Hi does anyone know any hotels in florence that offer quad rooms. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Aprile? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Hotels withQuad rooms

by Jenelle7

When we were in Florence, we stayed at a place called Cellai Hotel. We stayed in a room with two double beds, so if that is a good enough quad room for you, I would give it a go. We got the room for ~AUD170 per night, and that includes breakfast. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious and it was really close to all the main sights.
Have a look at www.hotelcellai.com

Hope that this helps

Jenelle

by Ciambella

Hotel Montreal has rooms that fit three and four comfortably. The room consists of two rooms divided by a wall but without a door in between, sort like your living room and your bedroom at home. Each room has a bed or two beds, a desk and night table. The TV and wardrobe are in the back room and the bathroom (brand new, very clean and spacious) is beyond that.

I wrote about this hotel on my Florence page.

Venere offers lower rate than the hotel's direct booking system. We paid €50 for the room last January and €60 two weeks ago.

by Ciambella

The ? is supposed to represent Euro.

RE: Hotels withQuad rooms

by rosewicks

I have a Quad room booked at the Hotel Porta Faenza for my family on May 5. I made my decision after searching VT, TripAdvisor and a couple of other sites. We'll see how it measures up! We are paying 170 euros. I had a couple of questions and emailed the hotel directly. Very quick response and very helpful. www.hotelportafaenza.it Good Luck!

by lovey6687

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where the hotel is located near?

Comments