Borgo San Frediano 5, Florence, Tuscany, 50124, Italy

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Palazzo Magnani Feroni

We felt like royality

by TripAdvisor Member bethskid

We celebrated our mother's 80th birthday and Thanksgiving by staying at Palazzo Magnani Feroni. We were booked for 3 days, but we loved our suite, the fantastic breakfasts, the pool room and the wonderful staff so much that we extended our stay another 3 days. The antiques, frescos, velvet seated cage elevator, secluded lounges make one loathe to even leave the hotel. The staff went above and beyond to assure our mother had a fantastic birthday celebration. The location is perfect, a 10 minute walk to the Ufizi as well as the Pitti Palace also a short walk to fantastic restaurants. Palazzo Magnani Feroni will always be my first choice when in Frienze.

The Palazzo is truly palatial!

by TripAdvisor Member tomfortmann

We spent three delightful nights at the luxurious Palazzo Magnani Feroni while visiting our son in Florence. Some friends from elsewhere in Italy joined us for one night, staying in another suite. We never needed a car, since all the attractions of Florence are just across the bridge within easy walking distance.

The suites at the Palazzo are huge, lavishly decorated with period artwork, and extremely comfortable. The staff are friendly, English-speaking, and very helpful in making restaurant and train reservations for us. A nice touch was the International Herald Tribune the we found hanging on our doorknob each morning.

Upstairs is a grand dining room where a sumptuous breakfast is served, and drinks are available there all evening. The 'piece de resistance' is the covered terrace on the roof with stunning views in all directions. We enjoyed it even in February, and in warmer weather drinks are served there during the evening hours.

We recommend this magnificent hotel unequivocally to anyone seeking style, comfort, and luxury in the heart of Florence.

A feeling of nobility

by TripAdvisor Member jr_hummel

My wife and I just spent 3 nights at Palazzo Magnani and can confirm the positive reviews already published. We would like to share our impressions of this marvelous establishment. The facade is unimpressive as seen from the road 2 bridges away from the Ponte Vecchio. However once you push open the front door you are entering a historic Palace. The entrace is as shown on their website, a long hallway with no reception in site. Actually the reception is off to the left in a discrete room where friendly faces will great you as one of the privilegied guests of the Palazzo, privileged as they only provide 12 suites. We were shown to our Suite across the hall and were impressed by the 2 room 60 - 80 m2 (600 - 800 sft) with beautiful antique furniture. Are they replicates or did some or all belong to the owners grandfather, a 19th century european antique dealer ? With a kitchen this would be a luxurious florentine appartment with 5m (50 foot) high curved ceilings.
The early 20th century 2 seat elevator takes the guests up to the 2nd floor where a beautiful breakfast room awaits the visitors. From the sculptured wooden ceiling hangs a Murano chandelier. The order for eggs and hot beverages is taken by a smiling and discret philipino man who will serve you with white gloves. On the other side of the 2nd floor, walking through a large lounge with painted walls and ceiling, is a starcase leading to the terrasse. It is the equivalent of walking up 2 flights but the view from the 130 m2 (1300 sqf) terrasse is a knock-out. From 6pm to 12pm a barman wearing white gloves will serve you your favorite drink. Sitting in a comfortable wrought iron armchair and overlooking the city with a 360° view one feels like a noble. This is an unforgettable experience. Fortunately we only live 4,5 hours away by car and for our next (and fourth) visit to Florence we will definitely start checking the availability of Palazzo Magnani Feroni. JH, french Riviera

A great find

by TripAdvisor Member Robbininsky

My husband, myself and a teenage daughter stayed here last week and loved the hotel. It is a very quiet and comfortable hotel that feels more like you are staying at a friend's large house. The palace/hotel has lots of public lounge areas, but has only 12 rooms, so you feel like you have the place to yourself. The staff is very accomodating and helpful. Our Deluxe Suite was enormous--the largest bedroom I've ever had in Florence plus a large living room with seating for 10 people(I'm not kidding). The ceilings are at least 20 feet and the rooms are nicely furnished with comfortable beds, chairs, etc.
The hotel serves only breakfast, but has a FABULOUS terrace bar on the top of the building that has a view to die for.
The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but is only about a 5 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio, so that is really not an issue unless you don't like to walk.
This will be my Florence hotel from now on--my daughter liked it too, so it is family friendly.

Beautiful Museum Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member UKTravelWatch

It is a rare and precious treat to stay in such a splendid palace. We stayed for 3 nights in the Beatrice Suite which is styled and furnished in the total opulence befitting the Florentine architecture of the 15th Century.
Very friendly and well trained staff added to the enjoyment of the stay.
Only two other guests also discovered the terrace bar on the top floor . Amazing views of Florence, wonderful cocktails and cool refreshing breezes.

An almost faultless experience - just the antique aircon failed to earn it a 100% rating - just 99.9%!

Old World Elegance

by TripAdvisor Member K Watt

The Magnani Feroni is a hotel is elegant, gorgeous and welcoming but slightly faded . It is exactly as you would imagine an old palazzo to be. The rooms are huge, with very high ceilings and tall windows. We had three people in a suite and there was more than enough room. The bathroom was a bit small, but new and well-appointed. The furnishings are a bit on the "shabby chic" side, but comfortable.
The staff was excellent. Even before booking a room, they responded to my email inquiries promptly. They booked restaurants for us prior to arrival. They were always available and professional, yet warm. They even lent us a laptop computer - no charge.
The location is great IF you don't mind a 15 minute walk to the center of town. It never bothered us, even at the end of the day, because the neighborhood is lovely and interesting. My only complaint was the noise at night. You could solve this by requesting a room away from the street. However, my teenage daughter loved watching the street scene late into the night.
The view from the rooftop terrace is fabulous!

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member tandm

we loved it here

anna lisa and danial are the best
breafast wonderful
the rooms great
the palace terrific

only tthing my wife mentioned, was that she like the locations on the other side of the river

but I would never stay elsewhere

thanks to anna lisa and danial for all your help

Gem in the Oltrarno

by TripAdvisor Member GC92660

The Palazzo Magnani made our 6-day stay in Florence magical. We always try to find unique boutique hotels and we struck gold in Florence. The hotel is exactly as described --- a charming, antique-filled 250-year old palazzo. We stayed in the Esmerelda Suite and were delighted at how "modern" ammenities had been incorporated into the frescoed junior suite. The staff was excellent --- always friendly, helpful and low-key. The hotel's location in the Oltrarno was fantastic. There are at least a dozen excellent restaurants within a 5-minute walk of the hotel. And, the shopping along Via Santo Spirito and Borgo San Jacopo was fantastic. Best of all, we could be walk to the center of Florence in 15 minutes (which helped work-off all the food!).

The only negative was the heating/AC system in our room. It had definitely seen better days. If you expect the latest 5-Star ammenities or a want grand hotel, the Palazzo Magnani is probably not for you. However, if you want charm and elegance in the best neighborhood in Florence, try this hotel. And, don't miss the Santo Spirito market on Sunday.

Splendid!

by TripAdvisor Member galtasar

We stayed at the Palace two nights from 29/3 to 31/3. When we first arrived to the hotel it did not show that it was a palace but just as we entered the doors we had no doubts. Frescos, antiques and other old lovely furnitures. We found out that we had been upgraded to an excecutive suite(Vittoria). The suite was marvelous and we did not want to leave, but we had to eat sometimes and the receptionists helped us in every way when we wanted something. We usualy stay at 5* hotels but this was something more.. Perfect for a honeymoon or something. At night when we went to the bar candles were everywhere. We enjoyed the cd in the room with classic music. When we went out and came back late on the evenings we found out that we had new towels and choclates beside the bed and some notes about wheater and wishes for a good night. I could write a lot but this perhaps will help someone to choose the right hotel or palace!

Beautiful palace stay, kid-friendly too

by TripAdvisor Member sbenemer

My husband, 17month old and I went to Florence for a 3day weekend in Feb 2007. We loved the look of the old Palazzo and magnificent rooms online and were not disapponted. The lobby was dark and cavernous but had a lovely, sun-filled courtyard on the side. The velvet seated, gilded cage elevator, though cramped, was source of great amusement to my son. The stting area shared by the rooms on the second floor was breathtaking with their murano glass chandeliers, and the coffee/tea amenities the hotel stocked was a nice touch. There is a rooftop balcony which is a long climb up the stairwell but which had the most amazing views of Florence. Definitely worth the hike up and it would be lovely on a summer's evening as there is a small bar up there to serve drinks.

The breakfast room turned sleek, sexy bar at night (no, really!) had the largest chandelier I have ever seen; at night, the room turned into a place for a cocktail with a pool table lounge next door. Candles filled all the walkways and it was truly impressive.

The area south of the river was a nice quiet section of Florence, which is easily covered by foot. A walk into the heart of the city would take 20-25 minutes. For dinner, we booked a babysitting service through the hotel (very easy and the sitter was lovely) and went for a great dinner at Borgo San Jacopo, a sleek restaurant overlooking the river and about an 8 minute walk from the Palazzo. We also booked a daytrip out to the outlets, which we arranged thru expedia but which the hotel can also arrange for you.

A lovely visit, beautiful hotel, fantastic service and we would be happy to stay there again on our next 3day getaway to Florence from London.

Michelangelo's Tomb, DetailMichelangelo's Tomb, Detail

Duomo remains the tallest building in the cityDuomo remains the tallest building in the city

Pretty!Pretty!

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

Florence in a day

by nyonnetti

So I only have one day in Florence and I want to enjoy it-not try to drive ourselves crazy by trying to see everything. What is your advice for getting the essence of Florence? I wanted to get to the Academia, but I realize that I can always come back if we miss it.
Thanks

by supercarys

Hi!
I spent only 2 days in Florence and loved it. Walk all around the city for the true essence. Eat pizza in a restaurant. Buy some gelati. Go to the Accademia - you can get "fast pass" type tickets from a place around the corner - go to the front of the line and ask where exactly to go. David is magnificent! The rest of your time can be filled by discovering your own places - Florence is literally full of surprises around every corner and if you wander around, you'll find lots of things to admire. Check out the Doumo too, even if you just look at it. It's my favourite city in the world even though I was only there for 2 days.

You can email me if you like and I'll try to look up the details of what I did.

by leics

Florence is very walkable. If you must visit the Academia, then book your ticket beforehand to save wasting time.

With only one day, I wouldn't attempt to do any museum; I would feel too pressured to enjoy it. I'd just walk and look, explore the outside of the duomo and the Baptistery, wander across the Ponte Vecchio, visit some of the churches, explore the Bargello alleyways.......

Look at the VT pages/tips for more ideas.

You'll go back. Of course!

by nyonnetti

Thanks for the input. I did make reservations at the Academia but I think for the rest of the day we will just wander the city as suggested-sounds like so much fun, I can hardly wait! (4 more days!)

Comments