Via Dei Banchi 2, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Paris Hotel: Very nice

The hotel has been described as shabby by others but it merely is old and a bit worn with a lot of character. The halls and lobby are warm in the summer but the room was nicely air conditioned and was beautiful and in no way standardized. The personnel are very knowledgeable and helpful about everything. They even have a computer to rent although the fee is higher than it was at other places. There is a nice breakfast that is included. The hotel is convenient to many places although it is not smack right on a heavily trafficked road or piazza. I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: The particular room I had looked nicer than the one next door into which I peeked but it had a high ceiling with
    a beautiful mural. It is true that there is some city noise outside but it is in a city after all.

Directions: Walking distance to train station or to Duomo.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Paris in Florence

My most vivid memories of the Paris Hotel are 1stof the huge climb up the stairs I made with my giant suitcase, they had yet another teeny elevator and I was impatient. 2nd the fact that the shower was nothing but a curtain and a drain in the floor and 3rd the amazing view we had from our window. The skyline of Florence. Perfect view of the Duomo, Campanile and San Lorenzo. It was such a good view that you could "almost" forget about the other things.

• Hotel to avoid - you can do better

The architecture of this hotel is nice as is the breakfast room. The rooms are small, dark and a bit musty. This hotel is in need of some renovations and I think one could find many others that are in better shape.

More about Paris Hotel

Under the Tuscan Sun...

Just returned from three wonderful nights at the Paris. This jewel of a small hotel could not be more conveniently located: a few minutes to the Duomo, Piazza dela Signoria, Uffizi, San Lorenzo market, Santa Maria Novella train station...you name it. Exceedingly well informed and helpful English speaking staff. We had just come from Rome, where the air conditioning didn't work well, the concierges at the hotel (Atlante Garden: handy if you need to be at the Vatican, otherwise forget it) were singularly unhelpful, and we were unable to get laundry done because all of Rome was at the beach for the August vacation. Amazingly, the laundry people don't go on vacation in Florence, and we were able to obtain clean clothes in just a few hours, get reservations for the Uffizi, and get recommended to the most charming delicious and cheap hosteria that you can imagine. Yes, the elevator was still not working, but after climbing endless stairs on my much surgered knees to the top floor we were rewarded with a large, lovely, light and well-decorated room with 20 foot ceilings, outstanding views, satellite TV, minibar, working AC, and a truly grand, modern and marvelous bathroom. Don't stay here if you're a Hilton type, but if you want charm, convenience and a real sense of history, stay in this wonderful, and very affordable ($150 Euros per night for three including a very satisfactory breakfast buffet in a glorious vaulted 16th C. room). We had to tear ourselves away and would go back in a second.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member tuxedoavenue

This hotel has a great loation, helpful staff, and after a day of Florentine art, it was nice to sleep in an air-conditioned room under frescoed vaulted ceilings in the Rafael room. We had 2 adjacent rooms, the second, next to the Rafael room was smaller but acceptable. Breakfast was warm in an un-airconditioned room but the dining room was attractive and food areas clean. Parking was not included in the price but valet parking was available to the local garage. A benefit since driving in Florence is very difficult. The bathroom was large and clean. Not a Hyatt but good value for the price.

Traveller beware - disappointing customer service

During my stay at the Paris Hotel from May 12 to 15, 2004 I verified that the reservation for my 22 year-old daughter who was arriving May 20 was in order. This was her first trip to Europe and she would be alone in Florence over night until I met up with her the next day. However when she arrived at the Paris Hotel and presented her hotel reservation confirmation to the front desk she discovered two things. One, that she had arrived a day early, and two, that the front desk personnel couldn’t find her reservation for May 20. She was asked to return at 3pm when the reservation clerk would be working. In the mean time, she managed to find a bed at a youth hotel across town for that first night. When she returned to the Paris at 3pm, she was again told, this time by the reservation clerk, that they still could not find her reservation. At this point she collected her bags from the storage room and left – what else could she do. Unfortunately the hostel where she had spent the first night couldn’t accommodate her for another night but they did help her find a bed elsewhere. She managed, but it made her stay in Florence very stressful, to say nothing of her pre-paid room at the Paris Hotel which presumably remained empty. By the time I arrived back in Florence May 21st, the hotel had found the reservation, but confirmed to me that she had presented herself twice at the front desk and that they had told her both times that there was no reservation for her.
Incredibly, despite these admissions, the hotel submitted a ‘no show’ to the booking agent and have refused to reimburse us the cost of her room.
Such incidents reflect badly on the reputation of a hotel, and potentially spoil a great vacation.

Close to sites, shopping, food places...

My husband and I spent two nights at the Paris Hotel in November 2004. The room was adorable, but small. We were surprised to have a balcony! The breakfast was sufficient and the staff was very nice. Our hotel was very close to most sites and food places.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Not worth the trouble.

by TripAdvisor Member roadgard

Customer Service? No, they don't do that. Adjustments to charges for their error? No, they don't do that. Help in finding other accomodations? No, they don't do that. Walk up six flights of stairs? Yes, they can watch you do that.
There are too many other far superior places to stay in Florence.

sundries

by cathy1925

For the Hotel Paris Firenze:
Do they supply the room with shampoo, etc. and is it a adequate amount or do I have to bring sundries in my luggage?
Thank you.
Cathy

by Ina08

If you look at the bathroom picture in the hotel's photogalery (http://www.parishotel.it/florence-paris-photogallery-en.php) you see a basket with complimentaries provided. They probably get filled up every day.

To be on the very safe side, my suggestion would be to contact the hotel and ask about their complimentary bathroom stuff policy.

Have a nice trip.

by qaminari

How exactly could anyone know what is an adequate amount for you anyway? For all we know you may wash your hair several times a day! Anyway, at any hotel that supplies shampoo etc., it will be topped up on a daily basis (except, in my experience, at some Club Meds).

by cathy1925

Thank you for your quick response. I never thought to look at the pictures. I don't like to make assumptions when I travel and I stumbled on this site so, I figured I would ask. I know hotels usually supply the guests with some sundries but I have been places where they give you a one time supply or very little per day and you still need to supplement the amount. I know I can send an email to the hotel but this is more fun. My trip isn't until next May so, I have time to find out. But, I thank you again and I hope to speak with you again.
Sincerely,