38 Lungarno della Zecca Vecchia, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

Expedia.com Official Site Orbitz.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Sonador3's Profile Photo

Florence's Secret

I've travelled all over, but have rarely had as positive an experience as I've had here. In every aspect the hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed here for a week in September of 2003 and because tourism was down, I received a special rate. Check their Web Site for special deals. In a way, I hate to recommend this property as I want to be able to get a room in the future, but these folks deserve the business. I've seen this hotel rated highly on other boards, and it certainly did live up to my expectations.

Unique Quality: Great room with an excellent view, perfect service and the best breakfast I've ever had in a European hotel. The concierge staff was very helpful and went out of their way to assist me during my stay.

Directions: Right on the bank of the Arno near Santa Croce.

More about Plaza Lucchesi Hotel

Good Location in Florence With Garage Included!

by deecat about Plaza Hotel Lucchesi

The first time that we were in Florence (1997), we took the advice of my friend, Jill Martin, who told us about the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi,which overlooks Fiumo Arno.

Another plus about this hotel is that it is about two blocks from the Uffizi Gallery, an extraordinary art museum.

Our room looked out over the River Arno. It was a medium-sized room with elegant furniture, a beautiful chandelier, and a wonderful private bathroom.

As we had a car, it was great that the hotel provided a garage, which we certainly used. We parked the car, and we did not use it while there.
It's not a great idea to drive in Florence. The room included breakfast, which was buffet style and was abundant and delicious.
We stayed for two nights, and we, indeed, enjoyed breakfast each morning.

On the same block as the hotel were lovely shops. One that I remember vividly was a stationery shop that had wonderful paper, pens, post cards, photographs of Florence, and lovely gifts for the home.

The hotel room included a hair dryer, plenty of closet space, a chair for reading, marvelous shampoo and conditioner, which we still have a sample of today! The towels were of luxury quality and gigantic in size.

All-in-all, we enjoyed our stay at the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi in Florence and would highly recommend it.

Note: The price indicates per person.

Good Location With Garage Included!

by deecat about Plaza Hotel Lucchesi in Florence

The first time that we were in Florence (1997), we took the advice of my friend, Jill Martin, who told us about the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi, which overlooks the Fiumo Arno [Arno River].

The hotel is about two blocks from the Uffizi Gallery, an extraordinary art museum.

As we had a car, it was great that the hotel provided a garage, which we certainly took advantage of. We parked the car, and we did not use it while we were there. It's not a good idea to drive in Florence. The room included breakfast, which was buffet style that was quite abundant and so delicious. We stayed for two nights, and we did enjoy breakfast each morning.

The hotel room included a hair dryer, plenty of closet space, a chair for reading, marvelous shampoo and conditioner [which we still have a sample of today!] The towels were of luxury quality and gigantic in size.

On the same block as the hotel, there were lovely shops. One that I recall was a stationery shop that had wonderful papers, pens, post cards, photographs of Florence, and appropriate gifts for the home. I purchased stationery with images of David on them, pens, and post cards.

All-in-all, we enjoyed our stay at the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi in Florence, and I would highly recommend it.

Note: The price indicates per person.

Wonderful Experience

I stayed at the Plaza Lucchesi with my 20 year old son and 16 year old daughter for 4 nights at the end of November, 2003. I am always wary of how a hotel makes a double room a triple, especially when they roll in a cot. The extra bed was comfortable, and the room was spacious enough to accommodate it. The breakfast room was superior to most I have enjoyed in Europe, with champagne at 7:00 a.m. for those who are interested! Free internet service, although on one shared computer. It did eliminate the need to go hoofing around the city at odd hours. Luca the doorman was affable, helpful in terms of where to get a good meal, and charming. Our room was so quiet, and an added pleasantry was the fact that the bathroom and hanging closet was in its own area separated by a door, so one's movements didn't necessarily disturb those sleeping in the same room. The location is a 10 minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio, and of course right on the Arno.

Wonderful hotel and service

We stayed 3 nites at the Luccessi (Nov 2-5, 2003). The hotel was great from the minute we entered the door. The front desk service, especially the conceriege, was excellent and had good restaurant recommendations.
We had a standard, non-smoking double room which was nicely decorated and quite spacious compared to our rooms in Rome and Venice. The hotel is centrally located and within a short walk from all the sites. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again. It's a great deal for a 4-star hotel.

Room with a View

by TripAdvisor Member Phil6184

I just returned from a 5 night stay. On arriving I was happy to find my room was upgraded to a room with terrace and a view of the Arno and Piazza Michelangelo. Considering the low price I paid, this was totally unexpected. The room was comfortable and clean. The size was big for Europe. The amenities were acceptable. The biggest compliment I can give about the hotel is they have an amazing staff. Where do they find them? I could single out Giovanni, but in truth, everyone was excellent. If I had to criticize anything, it would be the American style coffee set up at the breakfast buffet. But this was easily remedied, by simply asking the waiter for espresso. This hotel is a well run gem. I would return here in a minute!

Excellent for the price

by TripAdvisor Member mojogo

We have no complaints about this hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was quite good by European standards. The location is handy to all of the sites and museums, and the view across the Arno river is lovely. We would definitely stay here again.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member evans34

My wife and I stayed here eight nights from November 21st -29th, and we really loved the hotel! We got a superior room overlooking the Arno for 160 euros per night instead of the normal 278 euros per night by booking the "Winter in Florence" special rate (look on the hotel's web site or on hotelbook.com). This included breakfast and all taxes and service charges - by far the most hotel for the money we found in Florence.

The room itself was spacious, quiet, and really comfortable. The breakfast food was very good, but the dinner was only so-so the only night we ate there. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There was no smoke smell in the lobby as some reviews have mentioned. A brief walk will get you to most places you'll want to go. We were so impressed with the hotel that we've already booked a room for our next trip to Florence in March.

Wonderful hotel, great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Worm

We spent five nights here November 2003. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was wonderful, the location was wonderful. Barbara at the front desk and Luca, the doorman, were both incredibly nice. The river view from the room was unbelievably beautiful. I was pleased with the room and the bathroom, but the shower stall was too small. The lobby did smell of smoke alot, especially cigar or pipe smoke, but not a big deal.

I recommend this hotel highly and would definitely stay here again.

Marc Sherman

My Favorite city -- Firenze!

by Sonador3

"La Dolce Vita"

The is no way one can properly sum up Florence in just a paragraph or two. But when you return home after a trip to Florence, more than likely you'll be left with a feeling that will be difficult to describe to your friends. Just go, don't feel like you have to see everything, eat, drink and just try to soak it all in. And figure out a way to return quickly!!!

"Piazza della Signoria"

There are great photo ops everywhere you turn. And when it rains, most tourists go and hide, leaving the town virtually empty. Go out early or stay out really late. And whatever you do, take more photos than you know what to do with. If I have one regret about Florence, it's that I never take enough photos. I save those cool looking restaurant checks in a show box, but have few photos. Go figure!

"Tuscan Countryside"

I stayed at the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi right on the Arno. It was one of the best weeks of my life. No itenerary, just hanging out at my favorite cafe, visiting friends, eating great food and drinking incredible wine!, Salvatore, Luisa, Lena & Marco -- I'll see you all again soon!!

The photo on the left was taken outside of a little Ristorante in the hills outside Prato.

Public Lounge in Plaza Hotel LucchesiPublic Lounge in Plaza Hotel Lucchesi

Public Lounge in Plaza Hotel LucchesiPublic Lounge in Plaza Hotel Lucchesi

Mode of travel to Sienna

by artiezaller

What IS the best way to get to Sienna from Florence for a day trip? Has anyone traveled there by bus or train recently?

Also, any opinions about the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi on the Arno River in Florence.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Mode of travel to Sienna

by jamesfmunro

Train is fine and frequent. You'll need to pick up a local bus (not a complicated operation) from Siena station to take you into town, or else you can walk if you like. The station is a little way out of the town centre.

Re: Mode of travel to Sienna

by zizkov

It's a scenic ride over bumpy rails, and the station is not only a bit out but down the hill. The bus, however, arrives at the top of the hill, and is also, I think, faster and more frequent. Bus in, train out? It is more than worthwhile being around the Campo as night descends.

by dnwitte

My preference, having done it both ways, is for the bus. Frequent service from the station just round the corner from Florence Central Station, and the express bus takes one hour and drops you in the middle of town. If it's nice weather it might be worth taking a local bus for the scenic ride through the enchanting countryside, although it's considerably slower.

by mariocibelli

Train takes about 90 minutes, there is one at 915 - the bus is fine (SITA bus, take it across the dtreet from the station), 1.5k walk from siena station to center, nice walk, also bus stops running at around 730pm.

by Jasse

I'm planning to go to Siena as well. Do I need to reserve the coach (SITA) in advance? How much does it cost for the bus fare?

by dnwitte