Via Ricasoli 10, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Venere.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• clareabee's Profile Photo

Fabulous B&B

This B&B was fantastic. 2 minutes from the Duemo so in a great location as it was near many of the tourist sights.

I booked this direct after a great deal of searching on the net, and I was very pleased with my choice.

The rooms were fairly large with everything you would need - comfortable bed, bathroom with shower, air conditioning etc etc. What was a nice touch was breakfast in your room brought at a time you requested.

I have to say that the shining star was Sara....she was a mine of useful information - restaurants to visit,, things to do, booking tickets for museums etc she was fantastic....every hotel should have a Sara!

Unique Quality: Professional but personal service

Excellent location

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

What a Gem!

I am so thrilled that I booked this bed and breakfast! What a gem of a place. First of all, the staff are so wonderful. When we checked in, they gave us a map, showed us where some of the bigger sites are, gave us some restaurant recommendations, and just totally made us feel welcome. Like a long-lost relative. One thing that you need to consider, is that you need to notify them ahead of time when you plan to arrive at the hotel. We arrived just after 6 pm, and no one was there. Fortunately I had a cell phone and their phone number handy, and someone was there to let us in within 5 minutes. Otherwise, this place was great! Our room, #8, was just off of the reception, and was large, clean, and quiet. The bed was a King, so we had plenty of room to spread out at night, making for great sleep. The staff delivers your breakfast to you in the morning--starting around 8:30. They give you a sheet for each day of your stay, with a small list of items to pick and choose from for your breakfast. I can't really say that the breakfast was fantastic, but it sure was nice not having to go somewhere else to eat. [Plus, I prefer to eat breakfast in my pajamas, so this was really nice. Most often hotels frown upon you entering their breakfast room in your jammies. I don't know why. ;-)]

The location was fantastic. They are one and a half blocks from the Duomo in one direction and the same distance in the other direction to the Galleria del'Accademia. There's also the Piazza del Mercato Centrale within a 5 minute walk which has several wonderful eating establishments to choose from, with many vendor stalls selling leather purses and wallets, silk ties, pottery, etc. The Uffizi Gallery, the Ponte Vecchio, and Pitti Palace are also within easy walking distance--about 10-25 minutes away--depending upon how fast you walk. My mom, not so fast.

I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Not only because of the room and the location, but because of the ultra-friendly staff. They were wonderful. Main drawback is that there is no lift, but the staff is willing to help you with your luggage, so it's just a minor inconvenience.

Directions: Just North of the Duomo.

More about Relais Il Campanile

Relais il Campanile is Divine!!

The hardest part of leaving Italy was saying goodbye to Leonardo and our room at the Relais il Campanile.

Leonardo is the host and he welcomes you as if you are family. He is wonderfully helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating.

He recommended fantastic local restaurants, where to buy good and inexpensive wine and how best to call home.

Staying at Relais il Campanile felt like staying at a close relative´s home.

The entire experience was incredible. The hotel is perfectly located, very comfortable and extremely warm and inviting.

I highly recommend Relais il Campanile and I will be sure to visit again on my next trip.

Ciao!

A place that you want to visit - Relais Il Campanile

I was told if you know of something good, don’t spoil it and tell everyone so you can enjoy and whenever you can. But I am going against my instincts since I really need to share my experience…

This beautiful B&B in the middle of Florence - Relais Il Campanile. I travel to a lot of conferences all over the world and I am always looking for a place where you can feel at home away from home. The Relais Il Campanile was not my first choice because I wanted to stay as close to the conference venue and my colleagues. Well, well, I am glad to my first choice did not have place. It was surprisingly close to the conference location (Villa Vittoria - Palazzo dei Congressi), as well as within walking distance to most sights.

I arrived after travelling for about 24hours from Australia and was rescued at the door by the host, Leonardo. Unfortunately there is no lift, but he kindly carried my suitcase up one flight of stairs. I was most relieved that Leonardo could speak English (big plus).

My room was located next to reception and arriving at noon Leonardo ensured that I can catch up on much needed sleep without any noise. That’s what I look for in place- it’s like going to Mum’s place and you get spoiled. My room had all the amenities that you require (as well as the luxury item of a kettle and hair dryer) also you get a set of keys to let you in and out of the building without any hassle.

My friends came around to view my luxury and they were envious. Leonardo treated them as if the were his own guests giving them advise about Florence and the vicinity. He also looked after my friend’s luggage after they booked out of their hotels since there was no storage facility.

I loved my stay in Florence. Relais Il Campanile is great place and I love to come back…..soon.
The website also gives good information about how to get to/from the Campanile as well as information about Florence. You cannot get lost…and you will LOVE this place.

Home Away from Home!!

The Relais Il Campanile is a relaxing, friendly, beautiful B&B in the heart of Florence. The location couldn't be more central to all the highlights of the city. The accomodations are clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The hospitality rendered by Leonardo, who manages the B&B, and Luciana makes you feel like you are in a "home away from home".

We had many a laugh and many good conversations with Leonardo during our stay. He and Luciana always make time for their guests. Leonardo is very helpful with all requests for things you want to see or do, places to shop or eat, and types of wines to select for tasting.

We enjoyed the B&B and getting to know Leonardo as much as we enjoyed seeing Florence.

I will recommend the Relais Il Campanile to all my friends who visit Florence and will definitely stay there when I visit again.

A Wonderful Find

I spent four nights in Florence and could not have been happier with Relais Il Campanile. I could see the Duomo, the markets and the long line for the Accademia from my window. The rooms were clean, air conditioned and quiet and Leonardo was wonderful. For the same price, he put me in a private room, rather than the 3-bed female dorm room, since the the private room was available. I would definately send my friends here.

Leonardo & the B&B were Terrific!

The experience my wife and I had at Relais il Campanile was wonderful. The room was clean and the location was exceptional. We were 1 block from the Duomo in one direction and 2-3 blocks from the Accademia in the other (while on the same street). The city is very accessible from this central location. All of these things speak well for the location, but Leonardo is the best part of this B&B. He was patient with our atrocious Italian and took time to help us with a couple of different things. He provided good recommendations on where to do some shopping for wine, leather and jewelry and he gave us some great dinner recommendations (Za Za). He was flexible by allowing us to leave our bags for an hour or so after we had checked out in order that we could see one more sight and then arranged for a taxi to take us to the train station. Just terrific. Be prepared for a little street noise at night, but nothing that would keep you awake. Would highly recommend and would stay again!

Loved the Campanile

I spent a week in May at this delightful hotel just one block from the Duomo.
Leonardo and his staff couldn't have been more helpful. The airline lost my luggage for 4 days and Leonardo called them every day for me.

I had a conversation with Leonardo every morning. He's a great lover of Woody Allen's comedy. He even has a quote of Woody's on his website.

My room had a double bed, TV, phone, A/C if needed, great big windows
that opened, bathroom, an armoire and terra cotta tile floors.

As far as security is concerned the front door is always locked and the door to reception and the rooms beyond are locked when no one is there. You will get a key to each door.

There is no elevator but it's just 2 short flights up.

The Duomo is just right down the block with cafes, shops, etc. In the
opposite direction is the Fine Arts Academy (David).

3 blocks in the other direction led me to the open air market and the
Medici Chapel and Medici palazzo.

I absolutely recommend this charming hotel!

Excellent Location, Friendly Staff and Clean

by TripAdvisor Member BB21

Excellent location, two minutes away from Duomo (towards Accademia direction) but on a relatively quiet street. Safe though. The host Leonardo is friendly and helpful. We occupied the room next to the reception where we could hear the conservation between checking in/out guests and the host. Not a problem since the reception won't open until 8am and it is not irritating at all. If you want to sleep until 10ish in the morning, perhaps as the host to put you in another room. Room is clean and spacious with a small TV. Bathroom is clean with a shower space little problem for one person but perhaps a bit tight if you want to squeeze in two! Shower working very well though. Remember, this is a B&B, NOT a five star hotel offering jaccuzi bathtub! Breakfast served from 8-10.30 and host will bring it to your room. Juice, bread/crossaint, coffee/tea, quite basic but good enough. Leonardo is friendly and informative. No lifts though. You need to climb the stairs with luggage but only one floor; there is another BB two stories above! I guess you probably need to do the same in many other accommodations. Overall execellent stay and happy to stay there again.

Location, Location, Location

Upon my second visit to Florence I wanted to stay in the heart of one of the most walkable cities in Europe. The Relais II Campanile surely fulfilled my needs to stay in a prime property where safety, comfort,affordability were tops. Staying a 'stone's throw' from all the wonders of Florence can not be overrated.
The Host/owner of The Relais II Campanile is an affable young man who makes you feel at home in his establishment. As a foreign visitor it is very helpful that Leo speaks English fluently. He is able to tailor his suggestions from dining to historic sites for each guest. His extensive knowledge of the city makes him a perfect ambassador.
A wonderful vist to Italy made better by Leo and The Relais II !

Oltrarno,Santo Spirito.

by lengleng

Does anyone know where this is in Florence? I hear it's a really nice area to stay in in Florence.Any recommendations in terms of bed and breakfast or apartment?
Thnak you,
lengleng

by leics

It's 'over the river' (that's what the name means).

If you look at a map of Florence, it's the area on the other side of the river from Ponte Vecchio/Uffizi etc.

I haven't stayed in that area, but recommend www.venere.com as a starting point for looking at accommodation anywhere in Italy (or elsewhere in europe). It lists apartments/b&bs as well as hotels.

by kathymof

Oltrano is a very nice area and within walking distance of everything if you don't go too far south. I spent a week in an apartment I rented from the following. They will also rent by the day.

I was very happy with it.

Check my Florence tips for a great restaurant just around the corner.

by lengleng

Thnak you kathy and everyone.I'm so appreciative of all your tips :)
lengleng

by laforstraveller

Hello Lengleng,

My mom and I just atayed at a wonderful B&B just a block away from the Duomo and a block and a half away from the Galleria dell'Accademia (statue of David). It was in a wonderful area with lots of restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance. The staff were extremely friendly and the room was huge. I highly recommend them. Relais Il Campanile at Via Ricasoli 10, Firenze, Italia 50123. I found them on Venere.com for 115 Euro per night. Feel free to check out my hotel tip on my totally incomplete Florence page (haven't had a chance to complete it yet).

Comments