Relais Il Campanile

clareabee's Profile Photo

Fabulous B&B

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2009

This B&B was fantastic. 2 minutes from the Duemo so in a great location as it was near many of the tourist sights.

I booked this direct after a great deal of searching on the net, and I was very pleased with my choice.

The rooms were fairly large with everything you would need - comfortable bed, bathroom with shower, air conditioning etc etc. What was a nice touch was breakfast in your room brought at a time you requested.

I have to say that the shining star was Sara....she was a mine of useful information - restaurants to visit,, things to do, booking tickets for museums etc she was fantastic....every hotel should have a Sara!

Unique Quality: Professional but personal service

Excellent location

laforstraveller's Profile Photo

What a Gem!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 17, 2008

I am so thrilled that I booked this bed and breakfast! What a gem of a place. First of all, the staff are so wonderful. When we checked in, they gave us a map, showed us where some of the bigger sites are, gave us some restaurant recommendations, and just totally made us feel welcome. Like a long-lost relative. One thing that you need to consider, is that you need to notify them ahead of time when you plan to arrive at the hotel. We arrived just after 6 pm, and no one was there. Fortunately I had a cell phone and their phone number handy, and someone was there to let us in within 5 minutes. Otherwise, this place was great! Our room, #8, was just off of the reception, and was large, clean, and quiet. The bed was a King, so we had plenty of room to spread out at night, making for great sleep. The staff delivers your breakfast to you in the morning--starting around 8:30. They give you a sheet for each day of your stay, with a small list of items to pick and choose from for your breakfast. I can't really say that the breakfast was fantastic, but it sure was nice not having to go somewhere else to eat. [Plus, I prefer to eat breakfast in my pajamas, so this was really nice. Most often hotels frown upon you entering their breakfast room in your jammies. I don't know why. ;-)]

The location was fantastic. They are one and a half blocks from the Duomo in one direction and the same distance in the other direction to the Galleria del'Accademia. There's also the Piazza del Mercato Centrale within a 5 minute walk which has several wonderful eating establishments to choose from, with many vendor stalls selling leather purses and wallets, silk ties, pottery, etc. The Uffizi Gallery, the Ponte Vecchio, and Pitti Palace are also within easy walking distance--about 10-25 minutes away--depending upon how fast you walk. My mom, not so fast.

I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Not only because of the room and the location, but because of the ultra-friendly staff. They were wonderful. Main drawback is that there is no lift, but the staff is willing to help you with your luggage, so it's just a minor inconvenience.

Directions: Just North of the Duomo.

Nearby Relais Il Campanile

Relais Il Campanile

• Relais Il Campanile Hotel Florence

Address: Via Ricasoli 10, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Amenities at Relais Il Campanile

• Continental Breakfast
  • Pets Allowed

Florence Travel Forum

Need advice about Florence, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Florence and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Florence hotel reviews

Ponte Vecchio
Shoes
Souvenirs
Shopping
How to avoid waiting in lines
Where to find Great Works of Art