Via dei Servi 40, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy
Hotels.com Venere.com Booking.com

More about Residence Hilda

Drinks before dinner and romantic dinners

by ResidenceHilda about Colle Bereto

Dear Scylla1,

about the bar, I could suggest Colle Bereto or Jet Cavalli, two new, modern, young and trendy bars where you can the traditional aperitivo (a drink and some food before dinner) from 7 pm. For your romantic dinner, I weould suggest three places: Cantinetta Barbagianni (very intimate, candles, soft light, Tuscan cuisine, approx. 50.00 EUR/person), Cezanne (extremely intimate, only a few people and a few tables, soft lights, approx. 80.00 EUR/person) and La Giostra (a classic, very famous and warm atmosphere, tuscan cuisine, approx. 80.00 EUR/person).
Hope you will enjoy your roamntic week-end,

Valentina
Residence Hilda - Florence
www.residencehilda.it Florence and Italy in general is very casual. Even if you go out at night you can always wear jeans which are considered trendy. Is the atmosphea of the place which is different, not your dresses. But of course if you wish to dres up, no problem!

Forcone Basin, Fountain of NeptuneForcone Basin, Fountain of Neptune

DavidDavid

too big! here my favourite part though.too big! here my favourite part though.

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

Residence Hilda - Florence.. reviews???

by mdkulkarni

I am getting a great rate from a suites hotel called Residence Hilda. However there have been no posts on it on here. Was wondering if anyone has had any experiences, suggestions??

Most romantic restaurant & bar in florence?

by scylla1

Hello,

I am taking my boyfriend to Florence in January and want to treat him to an evening on the town - a hot date as it were! Ideally i'd like to take him to a posh bar for drinks and then on to a romantic restaurant for dinner. I've been to florence before, but didn't really do the nightlife, so any suggestions would be great! (BTW - we're both in our early 30s.)

Thanks!!

by sirgaw

Here's a copy and paste of a tip I wrote:

Restaurant Name: Ciro and Sons

Ciro and Sons fine restaurant is located in a building that was home to Pope Clemente VIII. The main dining room features frescos painted in the late 18th century.

Diner including wine will set you back a lot of money, however for that special night it is worth the trip.

Theme: Italian
Comparison: most expensive
Prices: US$41 and up ยป Currency Converter
Address: via del Giglio 28R
Website: www.ciroandsons.com

They have an upstairs bar as well as in and outdoor dining. Main dining room is worth a visit.

Enjoy

Ciao
David

by gildapaolina

A very elegant, minimal restaurant close Piazza Santa Croce is 'Nobilis': it's quite expensive (as every restaurant in this category), but menu is at the top and there's a great wines selection.

If you'd like a pre-dinner drink, the ideal place is Sesame (a maghrebin bistrot with a nice garden and chic atmosphere):

Enjoy Florence!

www.residencehilda.it

Travel Tips for Florence

Tuscany Hills

by amazingclick

I wanted to be a little adventerous so, I went through Lonely Planet and came across this website www.ibikeitaly.com. They organise biking trips on the Tuscany hills in Florence. I went for it at $ 70 with 2 Goregeous Australian girls. We were picked up by ibike italy people in their van from a particular spot near a bridge and taken to their place just below the hils. We were given our bikes..and taught for a while and time was given to get used to it. We then began the climb up the hills. Although very beautiful but, VERY tiring. I was walking most of the way up hill with the cycle and so were the girls and it was REALLY hot. We reached up at around 2. Had a faboulous lunch with wine which is included in the price and the ride back down was pretty relaxing as we had just sit and ride down. If you are adventerous and donot mind some excercise and an excellent lunch. Go for it. Tuscany hills are really wonderful. There was an american guy "Niko" and the italians call him "Niho" who went with us as a guide. Ask for him if possible. He's excellent.

Silver and stones

by conny_bazen about La Gazza Ladra

A nice liitle shop in a non touristic area..... Silver rings with colored stones. I believe the rings are very beautiful and absolutly not expensive for what you get !! Rings from 18 Euro till around 60 Euro....

Eurostar Italia was awesome! I...

by fotografik

Eurostar Italia was awesome! I strongly suggest taking it if you want to go to Venice or anywhere a little bit far. It costs more but it's all worth it!
I love Santa Maria Novella train station. It is so easy to find your train, to get around, and I don't know..I always feel like I am home when I get into the station (coming from different places).

Good pizza and pasta, with or without gluten!

by Jefie about Ciro & Sons

When my friend Lucia decided to take the train from Parma to have lunch with us in Florence, she suggested going to Ciro & Sons since the restaurant had just won the first prize for the world's best gluten-free pizza (Lucia is allergic to gluten, which can be a bit of a nightmare in Italy!). The restaurant was really nice inside, with sort of an urban lounge atmosphere, but it was such a beautiful day that we decided to eat on the little sidewalk terrace instead. I ordered some tagliatelle alla ricotta and it was very good - on top of the tomato and ricotta sauce there was a big chunk of ricotta with a bit of olive oil, it was simple but it had a lot of flavor. But we were mostly curious to see how Lucia would enjoy her gluten-free pizza, and the verdict is in: she said it was excellent! So whether or not you're allergic to gluten, I think Ciro & Sons is a good place to go for lunch or dinner in Florence.

Comments