Residence Palazzo Belfiore

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Florence

BaptisteryBaptistery

The view from Piazzale MichelangeloThe view from Piazzale Michelangelo

Scary art! Who comes up with these?!?!Scary art! Who comes up with these?!?!

'Paradise''Paradise'

terravision bus company problem

by debdono7

Hello,
We are set to arrive in Pisa on Tuesday, at about 11:30. Unfortunately, while making our roundtrip bus reservation online (to Florence) I realized we were charged double for 2 separate round trips. I believe this occured because while on line, I changed our original time of departure before completing the payment. We e-mailed and called terravision but received no offer for crediting our paypal account. We even asked if we could please use the overpaid amount for use on terravision in london. They said it could only be used in Florence and within this year - of course we have no plans to come back, unfortunately, in the next year. Has anyone had any similar experience or any suggested action we could take? We are trying not to let this stress us, although it is disturbing. We are so happy to make this first trip to Florence.

by kathymof

I assume you were using a credit card through PayPal. Just contact your credit card company and show that you were double charged. They will probably drop the second charge for you.

by Kristibh

Hello! If you did not use your CC through Pay Pal and it was your Checking Account, Have you contacted your Travel Agent to help? I will be glad to help you out, I am a Travel Agent and have had these issues with other companies. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Have a great weekend and Trip!

by leics

You are more likely to get satisfaction from your card company than from Terravision, I think.

I don't believe the latter are legally required to give you a refund. They have offered you the chance to use the additional tickets at another time. Morally this is wrong, of course, but I suspect that they are legally in the clear.

Terravision has not impressed me with its customer relations in the past, wlthough its service is perfectly ok.

by debdono7

Thank you leics, et. al. we will try through the credit card our paypal is drawn from. It is all in one sum - so we will just cancel the whole thing if we can and buy our bus tickets on arrival. So much for making reservations ahead of time to help things go smoothly!

by leics

Just be aware that if you leave buying your tickets until you arrive you may not get a seat, depending on how many other people want to travel/have p[re-booked. Most people who arrive at Pisa want to get into Florence, so the Terravision coach is popular.

The alternative is to use the train, which is simple and inexpensive, although it requires a change of train at Pisa Centrale. You'll end up at S. M. Novella station, where the Terravision bus stops.

Times/fares on http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html Put in 'Pisa Aeroporto' and 'Firenze' to search.

Last time I went I booked the Terravision coach from Pisa; it was very late arriving (more than 30 minutes), and we were all very cold and very cross. So I took the train back, and it was fine.

Travel Tips for Florence

Visit San Gimignano.

by Maurizioago

San Gimignano is a small walled hill town located 56 km. southwest of Florence. Originally it was the seat of a small Etruscan village. It began its life as a town from the X century. The town took its name from saint Gimignano, who is said to have saved the village from the barbarian hordes. The town developed considerably during the Middle Ages and the Reinassance thanks to the Via Francigena. In fact this town was a stopping point for catholic pilgrims on their way to Rome.

San Gimignano is well known for its tall towers. In fact, today there are 14 Medieval towers. Long ago there were 72. These towers were built by weathy people as houses, they also had a defensive role.

This town has a collegiate church dating from the 11th century, some museums to visit, various restaurants, cafes and lots of shops.

Fiesole, for a great view of Florence and more!

by Jefie

It was VTer leics who suggested spending an evening in Fiesole as I was planning my week in Tuscany, and I can't thank her enough for it! The few hours we spent in this lovely village located about 8 km from the city, up in the hills, were some of the best we spent in Florence - so much so that I decided Fiesole deserved its very own travel page, check it out here :o)

A maze of a market!

by Swish about San Lorenzo Market

This market is fantastic - it sprawls and branches off, with goods from leather to gaudy souveneirs, ladies/mens fashion to jewellery. The leather shops here are fantastic, just be sure to bargain hard!! There are also great vintage clothing stalls and the best thing is that it surrounds the fantastic mercato centrale!! (refer to other tip!) Leather, jewellery, clothes, shoes, food, wine!!! The list goes on, I only wish I hadn't been so frugal and bough more! It ranges...but a lot of the items are middle of the range to bottom end in quality and prices...

Around Italy in luxury ?

by kenyneo

Well have to praise the Italian for the ability to keep the train fare at a rather low rate compared to England or even France.

If you are in Florence , you might want to drop by the Leaning tower at Pisa. Its just one hour train from here. Get your ticket at Santa maria Novella Station for to and fro for only Euro 10. Its an open ticket , so you can hope on any train that goes to Pisa or Firenze when you are coming back !

NOTE - You have to punch/validate the ticket at a small yellow box at the platform. Some of them are not working or either you dont know how to punch properly. Do it like 5 to 10 minutes before you train arrives, if you ticket is found not validated by the conductor, you will be fined !!!

Don't miss the fresh seafood :)

by Zlur about Ristorante Ricchi

This restaurant is situated in Piazza Santo Spirito and specialises in seafood. The ambience is lovely and the staff very friendly. Everything is cooked fresh daily and always has specialities of the day. Reservations are usually recommended especially peak season, and they also offer free parking in Via del Presto di San Martino garage. Anything I tasted was superb! First of all you are served a soup of the day - compliments of the chef then the waiter goes on to explain the specials of the day... I started with savoury pancakes filled with duck in a cheese sauce (exceptional), then I ate the special which was suckling pig! WOW! :) Please leave room for the dessert because they are to die for. All in all a wonderful experience, don't miss out!!!

Comments