Via dei Fossi 12, Florence, 50123, Italy
Hotels.com Booking.com Venere.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 48% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Florence

A view of the duomo's facade and campanileA view of the duomo's facade and campanile

View of the Museum from across the ArnoView of the Museum from across the Arno

Campanile di Giotto, Florence, Italy 1998Campanile di Giotto, Florence, Italy 1998

Florence, Ponte VecchioFlorence, Ponte Vecchio

Colori B&B

by aaspy

I have chosen colori B&B for my accommodation in florence, its across the river.

Viale Petrarca 112 50124

Has anyone any comments on colori and the area where it is located?

Thanks.

by kathymof

The area is fine. It is close to Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace which are very nice and easily catch a bus at the arch (to the south) that will take you to Piazella Michaelangelo - the bus ride itself is quite nice. You are a ways from the main sites to the north of the river but the walk will help you work off all the gelato.

by leics

Reviews look good too:

You'll be a good 15/20+ minutes walk from the Duomo etc, but Florence is so fascinating that should be no problem whatsoever.

by aaspy

Thank you. Thank you.

Travel Tips for Florence

Internet Cafes

by ForestqueenNYC

There are lots of internet cafes in Florence, many of which are near the Mercato San Lorenzo. I used the Caironet. I found it to be pretty clean and convenient.

Locations are Via Faenza, 49r, Via De Ginori, 59r, and Via De Macci, 90r.

I dont know how the price compares to others.

More SHOPPING Tips:

Avoid,...

by Krystynn

More SHOPPING Tips:

Avoid, Avoid, AVOID the tourist shops... Yes, it is hardly ever the tourist souvenir shops I find terribly exciting. And the things they sell there cost a bomb! What I would humbly recommend is that you head straight to the supermarkets, farmer's markets, museum boutiques, drug stores and
specialty shops instead. These are the places that will offer creative treasure-trove of goodies at prices that won't make you faint! Really.

When I find a shopping spot I really like, the address, telephone and fax number/ email is noted in my journal. This way, I can return on my next trip, re-order specialties by mail (if necessary) and I can even share my best finds with my girlfriends when they go off traveling.

And finally, strike when the iron is hot!! What do I mean? Well, many times I would buy 2 or 3 of the same item that really catches my
fancy. When I go back home to Singapore, these treasured items will be stored inside my gift drawer ready for special occasions and holiday gift-giving!! Your friends will definitely LOVE you for being so resourceful and thoughtful. :-D

Photo Below: Piazza San Giovanni [i.e. the Baptistery on the left and the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral (Il Duomo)].

Lucca

by margaretvn

Try to go to Lucca and visit the house where Puccini was born. The town is lovely, the street pattern still follows the form of the former Roman colony founded here in 180 BC. The town is surrounded by huge solid ramparts which keep out the traffic and makes it easy to explore the city on foot. There is the lovely San Michele in Foro - a lovely Pisan- Romanesque church which stands on the site of the Roman forum. The Anfiteatro Romano is very worth visiting - stones from the ancient Roman amphitheatre had been ranscaked through the ages to build churches and palaces and what remainedwas a handful of original fragments - which today are part of the arena shaped "Piazza del Mercato".

If you can't find a bus...

by xxgirasolexx

If it's late at night and you can't find a bus, don't wait an hour and a half for something that might not be coming. Instead, take a taxi! It might cost a bit more, but the taxi drivers in Florence are honest, at least the ones I've met.

Oltrarno Trattoria

by Sonador3 about Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco

This is a very cozy, somewhat noisy trattoria about 300M from the Ponte Vecchio. I stumbled upon this restaurant quite by accident, and was very happy I did. I ate there 3 times on my last trip and each time I had an excellent meal. By the end of the first visit they knew my name and I always felt comfortable -- even though I was a solo diner. Ask for Massimo or Marco -- they are there every night! My favorite dish is the "Tagliata con Rucola e Parmigiano", which is a tasty, perfectly cooked New York cut, served with arugula dressed in olive oil and shaved parmesan. One of my all-time favorite dishes. Order this with a half-liter of their house chianti and you'll be in heaven.

Comments