Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Yesteryear

The Savoy is the most central hotel in Florence, situated in the area of the ancient Mercato Vecchio, today Piazza della Repubblica.
    Single room from 263-289 euros
    Double room from 387-568
    Suite from 774-1291,
    In occasion of my first visit to Firenze, almost 25 years ago, I spend the night in this hotel visiting town for the business purpose. Being guest, I didn't have to pay the room.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers charming and elegant style and the atmosphere of past times. In spite of the elegancy and style, I found the prices too high especially for the tourists. On the other hand, it is perfectly positioned, just a foot from the mahor sights of the city.

More about Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy

Savoy is the way to go

I am currently in Florence for a long weekend. I have done as I always do: two nights in one hotel, two nights in another because I really enjoy comparing.

I spent my first two nights in the Rocco Forte Savoy. I loved it. I agree with what most other writers have stated. Sleek, simple, airy rooms. Not huge or ostenatious but clean and fresh. Spectacular location. A few details that really signified the fact they go the extra mile: free umbrellas to borrow in every room (is pouring this weekend); towel heating racks in the bathroom; free internet access and printer in the business centre. Not perfect, but good. Very good.

I have now moved to the Helvetia which I cannot stand. Will write more about that hotel once I leave, but so far, UGH. SO, if you have the option to stay at the Savoy or the Helvetia and the prices are more or less the same, JUMP at the Savoy.

Will post pictures once I return home.

Chic and Stylish

We stayed there for 4 nights in 2003. Location was very convenient. Our room was a standard classic overlooking the back street (quiet, clean and residential). It was very spacious, especially for Florence hotels. The decor was new and stylish, and bed linen was of high quality. Bathroom had no shower box, but the bathtub was big. We lived at a smaller boutique for 3 nights before moving to Savoy, and paid about the same price. I definitely prefer Savoy - it has the boutique feel but a grand hotel's space and refinement. I would stay at Savoy again! Staff were friendly enough, but do not eat breakfast at the hotel as the prices are on the high side. Remember- the Caffe Gilli across the street is just as expensive - We spent US$30 for fried eggs/ham and juice.

Location, elegance and smiles

by TripAdvisor Member Gemstone4ever

The lcoation simply could not be better, the hotel oozed style and sophistication and the staff were extremely welcoming and courteous. Too small compliants were that the breakfast was expensive for what it was and despite the room being spotless otherwise, the light switches were really mucky (weird).

If you head somehwere else for breakfast, don't got to Gilli's opposite. It's the biggest rip off for dry toast and terrible coffee!

Great Hotel in a Great Spot

Small 5 Star hotel with all amenities. Exceptional service in all areas. Polite, attentive staff is eager to assist and accomodate.

Rooms are spacious, tastefully appointed and functional.

In the center of Florence, within walking distance or short cab ride to almost everything.

Not for the faint of wallet. Very pricey especially for extras (hi-speed internet access in room, restaurant, mini-bar, lounge and overnight parking).

what a fantastic stay!

What a fantastic stay!
As a travel agent, i get to see some of the worlds best hotels and this was no exception.
The staff were very friendly and hard working and the service is excellent.
My room was spacious and luxurious and the views were magnificent.
I would agree that the food in the hotel is expensive so you are best going to one of the many near by restaurants and bars.
I found Florence to be a very romantic city and the hotel concierge made sure that my fiance and I throughly enjoyed every minute of it.
I do not agree with the past negative comments regarding this hotel. Working in a management position with a top travel agency. I find these comments typical of people who have nothing better to do than moan and find it difficult to appreciate things that we take for granted.
Go to the Savoy yourself. I will be recommending it, it is a truely magical experience!

Perfect marks!

by TripAdvisor Member ABCABCABCABC

Stayed at the Savoy for two nights last week. Got a great internet deal - 180 Euros not including breakfast. There cannot be a better location in Florence, everything was so close to the hotel. They were very meticulous and didn't leave out any minor details. The rooms were on the large size, and the view from my 5th floor window was the magnificent Duomo. The toilet was beautifully designed. The hot water from the shower was great - it was strong and relaxing, unlike some hotels in Italy where the hot water seems to be dribbling from the showerhead!

The concierge was most helpful. A very professional guy who knew everything! I was greeted by my name throughout my stay. They had free internet access in their business centre - and the gym was adequete although on the small side.

I would definitely stay at the Savoy again, anytime soon. It was definitely good value for money.

Sleek, Spotless and Central

by TripAdvisor Member Tachesderousseur

I spent 4 nights in Florence in early April. 2 at the Savoy and 2 at the Helvetia Bristol. By FAR my favourite was the Savoy. It was clean, fresh, young and lovely. There was free internet access for guests in the basement business centre. A gym. And it was perfectly quiet -- I didn't hear a peep during my nights. The only thing I didn't love was the view from my room. I was told that I would have a "City View" but looked straight across at another hotel or apartment building. Not what I had expected! Overall, a lovely hotel and if you can find a good deal, I'd highly recommend it.

Excellent !!!

Excellent Hotel, stayed there at the weekend, i drove to the door then didnt have to do anything else. They parked my car, unpacked my boot, checked me in immediately and shipped my luggage upstairs. the facilities are great, the business centre is very good. Room service is very quick, the bar and restaurant staff are great....... i had no complaints about the hotel at all..... oh..being very very petty... the pillows werent soft enough.... the rooms were a great size for florence and the bathroom is nice, very comfortable room with large beds.

The best location of any hotel in florence, the Duomo is 1 minute walk away and the Ponte Vecchio is 3 mins walk...fantastic.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, beautiful hotel in one of the most beautiful cities in the world!!!

Great Location

Hotel was well placed, on the piazza close to everything. Staff were good from the check in to check out, very helpful. Room was a nice size, large bathroom. Breakfast was included and was very good.

Comments