Via Grevigiana 82, San Casciano Val di Pesa, Florence, 50020, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Florence

A view of the fresco painted inside the domeA view of the fresco painted inside the dome

Pitti PalacePitti Palace

View of the cityView of the city

Sta. Margherita, tomb of BeatriceSta. Margherita, tomb of Beatrice

Wine Tasting -- Select Italy v. Vinarium

by sneakydrew

VTs,

My fellow travelers and I will be in Florence in January and would like to "do" a wine tasting. Due to a limited budget/time we will not be able to do a wine tour of Tuscan countryside. Rather, we would like to do something IN Florence. I found Select Italy (http://selectitaly.com/food.php?region_id=18) and Vinarium (http://www.vinaio.com/en/enoteca_det.asp?IDnews=2) online. Both look OK.

Anyone have experience with either company, or with any or company that they recommend?

Many thanks!

by manuna

We used Accidental tourist. http://www.accidentaltourist.com/
You can take not just winery tour, but if you take a full day cooking class, you'll have an opportunity to combine wine tasting and cooking pasta at an old mension. It's interesting even for those who has never done it before. And then you enjoy your meal in a pleasant company with a gorgeous views of Tuscany. As it all takes place not in the towns, but on separate villas of some 16th century.

by sneakydrew

Thanks very much for the response! Looks very affordable and fun! I have contacted them for more information...

by gracelady12

Purchased select italy tour tickets for approximately $600. They have strict cancellation policy. I arrived in Venice, decided to leave a day early. Called and emailed to cancel my tour tickets. Understandably they told me I was unable to cancel. So I stayed the extra day and waited one hour in front of meeting location for tour. They never showed up. I called them and they said that since I called to try to cancel they already booked with someone else. I was waiting in front, they knew I told them fine I will just go to the tour if I could not cancel....they never returned my money....I also had to purchase my own museum tickets and take my own tour!!!!!while I was there I saw the tour guide giving another family a private tour after I paid $600

by manuna

This is absolutely different company. As with Accidental tourists you pay AFTER service is provided and only if you were satisfied.

Travel Tips for Florence

The Weather in Florence

by Redang

Here, you can check the weather before your trip:
- www.worldweather.org/176/c00602.htm
- www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/ITXX0028
- www.lamma.rete.toscana.it/previ/eng/comuni_rt/comfi/index.html

Michelangelo made the statue...

by sandravdp

Michelangelo made the statue 'David'that stands in front of Palazzo Vecchio and painted the inside dome of the St Pieter Church in the Vatican / Rome.
On the picture: the statue David by Michelangelo.

Botanical garden - Tepidarium

by fgfi

The Tepidarium in the botanical garden is a huge green house made of glass and iron, dated back to 1880. After a long decadence this year it was restored and I can assure you it's really amazing! In june 2004 the Tepidarium hosted an exhibition of Vanessa Beecroft an important performance,
video and installation artist who creates live-body tableaux.

Local route

by Lhenne1

Buy a bus ticket a tobacco store anywhere in the city. You can purchase tickets by the hour or for a few days. For longer, go to the train station and buy a month-long pass.

Busses ride all through the city. One of y friends got all mixed up and lost and the driver was very nice helping her find her way home. Just stay away during rush-hour times or you'll never be able to push through the crowd to get off.

Cafaggi

by kenadams about Cafaggi

Very good! it is one of the few, pure tuscan restaurants left in the city of Florence. Worth the money!
Its menu changes daily according to availabilty of foods and goods.
It is a bit inconsistent: I have been disappointed a few times, but the standard is high. The steaks are great: try a "bistecca alla fiorentina" (florentine steak).

Comments