Soggiorno Magliani

Satisfaction Average

More about Soggiorno Magliani

Places to stay in Italy

by c_libling

My husband and I are currently researching and booking bed and breakfasts and hotels in Italy for a trip we will be taking in September. We will be staying in Florence, Venice, Cinque Terre, Sorrento and Rome and wondered if anyone had a suggestions for reasonably priced places to stay. We've been relying heavily on Rick Steves' suggestions, but wanted to see what else was out there. Thank you for any suggestions.
Carrie

Re: Places to stay in Italy

by iloveaustria

Hi Carrie,
My husband and I visited Italy for the first time in 2001'. My dream vacation has always been to go to Italy and stay in a villa with an Italian family. I wanted someone who spoke english ( My husband and I speak NO Italian) and also wanted a driver because we did not want to rent a car. I did a LOT of searching and almost gave up when I found my dream. We spent 5 nights at Relais-Chiara e Lorenzo with Alberto and his family. It is located about 15 miles outside of Florence.
We took a train from Florence to the village of Pontassieve where Alberto picked us up and took us to his Villa. We had a wonderful 5 days! Alberto wined and dined us at dinner each night with a wonderful home cooked meal. The days were s-pent touring the Tuscany Countryside. We spent one day in the Cinque Terre Area, one day visiting Leather outlets, toured a wonderful winery and also spent time in Florence. The price was very reasonable.
It is the perfect place! Please get in touch with alberto at altox@centroin.it or visit his website at relais-chiaraelorenzo.com and tell him that Carol from Texas sent you.
Carol

florence

by snorkelman

In florence, consider Soggiorno Magliani. It is run by a mother and daughter (the daughter speaks English) and within walking distance to most attractions. It has seven rooms, and expect to pay 33 Euro for a single, and 43 Euro for a double. The place is near Via Guelfa at Via Reparata 1, tel. 055-287-378, e-mail: hotel-magliani@libero.it

Re: Places to stay in Italy

by diamondd

While in Florence consider staying at the Hotel Giada. It is located in Piazza S. Lorenzo across from the chruch and Medici Chapel. The website is: http://www.hotelgiada.com/

I have stayed there and would recommend based on level of accomodation and location. A double will cost about $100.

Comments