Via Bufalini 1, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

B&B in the heart of Florence

The Tourist House Ghiberti is a quiet bed and breakfast in the historic centre of Florence, just one block north of the Duomo and a short walk to all the other major sights.

Breakfast, which was served in a separate dining room, is included with your stay and it had a assortment of cereal, fruit, pastries, meats, cheeses and a large selection of tea. Everything we had was very fresh.

We had helpful service for our entire stay from Claudio, the owner. When we arrived, he went through the room with us to show us how everything worked and then took us through the whole place to point everything out. He was also able to book a reservation for us to the Galleria dell'Accademia, where you will find the statue of David.

The rooms have a contemporary style, while keeping with Florentine tradition. Everything was also very clean. There was free wireless internet in the room, and there is a computer with internet in the room as well. The building is air conditioned. They also have satellite t.v. and a selection of dvd's for free.

Outside of the rooms, there is a relaxing jacuzzi, which is large enough for several people. There is also a steam room, but we didn't have a chance to use it.

To get to the B&B from street level, there are quite a few stairs. There is an elevator, but it is small and slow so we only used it to bring our luggage up and down.

The building used to be the studio/shop of Lorenzo Ghiberti, a local artist who specialized in sculptures and metalworking. He created the very intricate doors of the bapistery of Florence's cathedral.

We paid 158 Euro per night.

Directions: From Florence SMN, head south on Via Panzani then Via de Cerretani until you reach the Duomo. Stay on the north of the Duomo until Via dei Servi. Then take a right on Via Bufalini. It is on your right and look for the sign on the door buzzer.

• kindle's Profile Photo

B&B near the Duomo

This is a bed and breakfast run like a hotel. The staff is a bit impersonal but very informative. The facilties are very good. Our room had double paned glass in the bedroom to reduce the street noise but the bathroom did not. All in all it was very clean, modern and conveniently located. The room price included a buffet breakfast, which was adequate.

Unique Quality: Free Internet access, your own phone/fax number, jacuzzi and sauna available for use.

Directions: Behind the Duomo, across from the S.Maria Nuova Ospedale ambulance entrance.

• LuckyJVT's Profile Photo

Tourist House Ghiberti

The Ghiberti B&B made the trip to Florence that much more enjoyable. The location was fantastic, just a block from the Duomo. The accomodations were extremely comfortable and the personal service was excellent. Claudio & Christelle are fabulous hosts and made us feel right at home.

Unique Quality: private bathroom
    air conditioning
    telephone with direct external line and extension
    fax with direct sending and receiving
    satellite TV
    mini-bar
    electronic safe
    hairdryer
    computer with free internet access, connected to a printer in the reception area and upon request CD and floppy disk player.

More about Tourist House Ghiberti

Florence

by Grzybicki about Tourist House Ghiberti

This bed and breakfast was one of the nicest rooms in our entire 17-day stay in Italy. The room was very large and well-appointed with all sorts of amenities not found in most European hotels.

* The bed was actually a king-size bed (and not two twins pushed together).
* The bathroom was beautiful and large with nice shampoo, conditioner and other bathroom amenities.
* There was a large plasma screen TV in the room.
* There was also a computer with free Internet access in every room, which was very convenient.

The staff at the B&B was terrific, spoke fluent English and provided us with maps of Florence and tips on where to go and what to do. In addition, they have a "library" of guide books, maps, and other books that visitors can use during their stay.

Overall, if I ever go back to Florence again, this is the only place I would want to stay. The reason we chose this B&B was because of the location - literally only two minutes walking distance from the Duomo and very centrally located to the histroic district of Florence. When we got there, there were so many other reasons to recommend this B&B - from the computer and Internet in the room to the DVDs available to be "rented" (though there's no charge) to the large sauna and spa available to guests (though who has the time when you're in Florence?). There were also only five rooms in the B&B, which means your stay is nice and quiet.

Agree 100 percent

by TripAdvisor Member kktunnell

I agree 100 percent with the writer from Praha. Tourist House Ghiberti was great. He forgot to mention the computer with free internet access in each room and the jacuzzi and sauna available free to guests. Our bathroom was huge, with a tub and separate shower, unusual for a European hotel. And yes, who would imagine a mini bar with prices lower that the store? What a pleasant surprise. The breakfasts were good; each morning, there was homemade coffee cake on the breakfast buffet. I only hope success doesn't spoil Tourist House Ghiberti. I may want to return!

The Best Place to stay!!!!!

Hi, I read the bad review of the customers from Portland, but I saw the positiv reviews too and I decided to book anyway. I do not regret at all to have been there, I found the Tourist House Ghiberti the unique on its kind. It is one of the few places studied for the turist, able to offer many services at a quite honest price.
What I paid compared to what I received is nothing if you think how much it costs to stay in a four stars hotel in Florence.
The luxury hotels should learn from them, as a matter of fact a few services that the Tourist House Ghiberti offer do not exist in a luxury hotels, like the sauna and the jacuzzi, computers and free internet access and many other accessories. Furthermore, you can see hand made mosaics and paintings by a well-known painter all originals and they are sensational. Everything I have described is included on the price.
It is clear that considering the quality of the services a lot of money has been spent on them, and the owners work very hard in order to have the B&B clean and in working order. Regarding the raccomandations of the owners Claudio and Christelle, quite modest couple, have been always useful and precise. Sometimes, I saw them so tired that I wanted to help them. They told me that it have been three years since last time they took a vacation not even a day off for themself, and it is understandable if they answer you while they are sitting on the couch.
Out of curiosity I asked Claudio if he read that review and he had not idea, so we read it together and Claudio did not remembered those customers but very well about the towels story. In fact the customers used the big towels to dry their jackets, then they asked for some more and the only thing he said to them was just to pay attention on using the towels, because the towels they change every morning on the rooms and the ones on the sauna and on the jacuzzi have a high consumption.
Probably those customers were mistaken chosing the hotel....maybe they should have gone to a five stars luxury hotel.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Dallerton53

I spent four days at the Ghiberti in July 2004. The room was spacious ( by European standards ) clean, well equipped and very comfortable. The location - two mins from the Duomo - was excellent and very restful (although the road outside the hotel was closed to traffic for resurfacing while I was there so don't know if it's usually a bit noisier). The breakfast was good and I found Claudio and Christelle to be very helpful and pleasant. Claudio recommended a very good local restaurant called something like Barmaggiano ? I also ate at Il Ritrovo (5 mins away) which was of a similar standard but a little more expensive. I would definitely stay at Ghiberti again - that's the
best recommendation I can think of.

Our favorite place of 9 hotels in Italy!!

My husband and I just returned from 3 weeks in Italy and this hidden gem was our favorite of all 9 hotels we stayed in! 5 minute walk from the Duomo and the Campanile. Less than 15 minute walk from the Academia, the Uffizi Gallery, and just the perfect location!! The nicest and largest room, minibar prices that were soooo inexpensive, a large bathtub, computer with free internet access right in the room, etc etc!!! I can not recommend this place any higher!! The Best!!

Great Room, Poor Service

A very mixed experience. The rooms are great; large, well appointed, and the computer with internet is a unique bonus. The bathrooms were also great, the nicest by far on our trip. The location is good, on a quiet street three blocks from the Duomo.

The negatives are the entry way which is dark and the common areas which are hot and nondescript. My biggest disappoint, however, was with our hosts. We felt unwelcome from the start and even small requests were treated as burdens. Such a shame since we really had hoped to have a better experience based on the other reviews we had read.

Places I'm Bookmarking for Future Trips!

by Callavetta

"Tourist House Ghiberti"

This place gets rave reviews, is in a great location and has computers in the individual rooms. It's relatively inexpensive. I'm eager to check this one out!

www.touristhouseghiberti.com

"Hostoria del Bricco (Enoteca)"

At the bottom of the hill to Piazzelli Michaelangelo, this enoteca has great food and a nice ambiance.

Via S. Niccolo 8r
TEL: 39 055 23 45 037

Tourist House Ghiberti??

by Honeymooncouple

We will be spending part of our honeymoon here, and I was hoping someone might have stayed here and could tell us how they liked it. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Tourist House Ghiberti??

by Aine1