Via Pisana 59, Florence, Tuscany, 50143, Italy

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

Una's lovely garden

That’s the lovely garden where we used to hang around after breakfast or before dinner for drinks...

It is strongly recommendable to book this hotel on Expedia - they have good bargain prices...

Funky bar

and continuing with the funky bar area, carefully selected paintings for each room door in the somber black corridor ...

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Same funky hotel and great experience

and great value for money..the rooms are a bit on the small side, but the decor and appearance makes up for this. I loved the little night lights around the bed all over the fuchsia walls.
    as well 82 cm plasma tv on the wall, comfy bathrobes and nice bathroom

Avantgarde amazing hotel in San Frediano

Located in the heart of San Frediano, the hotel is amazingly avantgarde, friendly and modern all integrating the ancient Florentine bits of design and symbols.
    thats a photo from reception area, more coming

More about UNA Hotel Vittoria

A great find in the heart of the real Florence.

I stayed at the Hotel Una Vittoria with some friends from 5th to 7th August 2005. We had a great stay. The decor was modern, clean and refreshing. The breakfast was excellent and the hotel staff spoke good English and were keen to help (refreshing for Italy)!

We had a superior room which had a very comfortable bed, mini-bar, deep bath and shower in a wet room, plasma screen TV (English speaking channels were CCN, BBC World and MTV) and air conditioning. All this for £87 per room per night was excellent value. A couple of things to note about the room though, the wet room seemed to collect puddles so you ended up wading through the water after a shower until the maid had been. Also, there seemed to be no extractor fan and everyone who stayed had to call someone to sort out the safe. We asked for Room service one day and seemed to through them into a bit of confusion but they did bring us up a couple of sandwiches which were fine.

The area itself is about 20mins walk from the Ponte Vecchio and probably 25mins from the Duomo. I found it refreshing to have a distance between me and the heaving crowds near the centre. Also there are a few excellent local bars and restaurants around the hotel which are much more fun to explore than the more traditional hangouts. Fantastic people watching potential.

In summary, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Una Hotel Vittoria. The modern decor and the local surroundings made for a different view of Florence that you may not get at an expensive hotel in the touristy centre.

Nice, but too remote

by TripAdvisor Member amybatt

The Una Vittoria is nice. It is very trendy in decor, super modern and a bit funky (grids of twinkle lights on one side of the bed, a wall of mirror on the other, flat panel tv). It was perfectly clean and comfortable and I'm young enough not be freaked out by the decor, but it was just way too far away for me from anything that mattered. 20 minutes on foot to Pitti Palace, 25 to Ponte Vecchio, 30 to Piazza della Signoria. I am young and walk quickly and was quite frustrated at how long it took to get to the hotel and to the sites. I'd prefer to be closer, and you can do better in that respect.

one to miss

by TripAdvisor Member peachy

my 14 year old liked this one when it popped up during our online hotel search. the reviews were good so we spent 4 days and far too much money here. we also spent hours each day just getting around because it is, even for us perpetual walkers, a long way from everything. there is something deflating about long walks in poorly lit areas on pavements covered with dog mess when you've spent the day in central florentine loveliness - it sure didn't feel like we were in florence. we spent more time in room than norrmal because getting out was such a palaver at the end of a busy, tiring day. this is an 'anywhere hotel' in that you could be absolutely anywhere. the rooms are tiny and hotel was empty - possibly because it is overpriced and poor value for money. there are few facilities/ services etc in close proximity so alas the dread walk is mandetory. bought daughter modest antipasti type snacks from local deli to stave off imminent starvation and was charged 40 euro for the privilege. there must be something about 40 euro because when daughter left her very small smalls in a hotel drawer and we asked for them to be posted they demanded - you guessed it - 40 euros! i pointed out to the hotel that flights were cheaper between florence and london but 5 months later we have yet to hear back and she has replaced the missing items. hotel service was disinterested at best. i just didnt like this hotel - 9 of 10 florentine providers ripped us off (magically doubled taxi fares etc) and this hotel didn't manage to escape that 'negative glow' - no 'home away from home'. our time in florence cost more than same in london - figure that out. regrettable. and thanks to this pompous, over-rated hotel we had no lovely views, no hanging around the hotel eating ice creams and simply falling into bed at midnight after a relaxing and inspiring day. this 'fun' mother-daughter weekend away was an endurence test and the hotel bears much responsibility for that.

We Loved the Hotel. Very quirky decor.

Stayed for two nights while on our Honeymoon in May 2005.
The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpfull. When we arrived our aircon unit was not working properly, we told the staff and went out for a walk. When we got back a couple of hours later the unit was repaired.
The rooms are a bit on the small side, but the decor and appearnce makes up for this. The bathrooms were of very good standard and we loved the little night lights around the bed all over the wall.
The breakfast was of a very good standard with the eating area very pleasing to the eye, if a little unusual.
The hotel is about a 15 min walk from the Pointe vecioe bridge, but it is a walk along the river and is not too bad at all. But you can get taxies if you prefer.
We booked with expedia and got a very good price for this hotel, it was fully booked when we stayed. It was good value for money and we would use it again if it was the right price.

overall our stay there was excellent.

Room with no view

I stayed here during my honeymoon last month after finding this hotel on the internet & I was really disappointed. We had an awful room in the attic with no view at all: there was a window leading onto a sort of 'terrace' but as it was in the roof it was all walled around & all you could see was sky. It was slightly reminiscent of a prison, & this impression was reinforced by the dark blue & grey plastic decor in the (dark & window-less bathroom). Outside the room was a (window-less) corridor with black-painted clapboard for walls: why?? The reception staff were arrogant & disinterested: we called them late one night from the end of the Cascine Park to ask them to call us a taxi as we were stuck down there with no transport after the horse-racing. Their response: no. This left us having to walk through a lonely park in the dark (lonely, that is, apart from the hookers plying their trade amongst the trees). Regarding the hotel's location - one of the other reviewers really put her finger on what a downer it is to the whole Florence experience to have to walk for ages along narrow, dog-dirt encrusted streets to get anywhere decent. The hotel is way overpriced too: we payed EUR200 a night, and the rack rate quoted in the room's minibar was actually EUR490 a night - daylight robbery!

central florence

by nivedita23

would uno vittoria be a good choice to stay or is it too far from the centre.
can anyone suggest some good hotels to stay

by azz8206

While I stayed in Florence I stayed at the Ritz Hotel. It is located on the riverfront. It is very clean and the rooms are a good size. I booked it through booking.com.

by Donna_in_India

Hi - we stayed at Casa Rovai (http://www.casarovai.it/). It was a 5 minute walk from the Duomo and a really nice place. Our room had 16th century frescoes on the walls and ceilings and on one wall of the room hung four kama sutra prints (in honor of the room’s name, La Passione). The furniture was antique, the bed was big and comfy, the bathroom modern, and we had TV and A/C. Breakfast was also good. I would definitely stay there again.

by GHIRO

Hi,
I spent a week-end in Florence last september to celebrate my birthday... my housdand surprised me booking UNA HOTEL VITTORIA and I liked it very much.
It is a design hotel very particular.
Is not very closed to the centre, but it is reachable in about 20 minutes walking (we did it!)
Enjoy Florence!
Bye
roberta

by fgfi

I would say it is a little far from the city centre.
try the westin instead