UNA Poggio Dei Medici

UNA Poggio Dei Medici
Venere.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Florence

Florence scenes on a trailerFlorence scenes on a trailer

The Annunciation, Professional PhotoThe Annunciation, Professional Photo

A brilliant man was LeonardoA brilliant man was Leonardo

The Pitti Palace front exteriorThe Pitti Palace front exterior

what is the best location

by rufusthered

We will be arriving by train in florence on May 26 for a week. What area would you reccommend to stay in? We may do a few day trips out but will mostly be wanting to walk around and see the sights.

by leics

Florence's historical centre is compact and very walkable indeed (a large part is pedestrianised, and most of the rest has restricted traffic). Its absolute centre is the Duomo, so if you stay anywhere within walking distance of there (see the maps on the websites I've suggested below) you will be absolutely fine.

If you are planning daytrips (Pisa? Siena? Lucca? San Gimignano?), a hotel within easy walking distance of Santa Maria Novella station might be useful. Most places can be visited by train from there, but for Siena it's better to take the Sita bus (Siena's railway station is a long way from its historical centre). The Sita bus station is almost opposite SMN station.

www.booking.com is a reliable site with honest guest reviews and good mapping. www.venere.com is also a reliable site, and one which lists almost all Italian hotels. Neither site will take any money from you as long as you turn up, so I suggest you find and book your hotel through one of them.

by joiwatani

I stayed at Meridian Hotel- the breakfast was free and they have internet connection. It was affordable. It's all a walking distance to all the great places in Florence!

by leics

I stayed in the Hotel Delle Camellie (twice) which also includes breakfast and is within easy walking distance of everywhere. I booked it through venere.com

You'll find lots of other Florence hotel reviews by VT members here:

by tomasmllr

I was in the Hotel San Lorenzo, breakfast was also included, and it was very close to the city center. I think now you have enough options to choose! :-)

Travel Tips for Florence

Great hotel in Florence

by seansf

The Relais il Canpanile is a fantastic hotel in Florence. It has a perfect location - one block from the Duomo and two blocks from the Accademia. Sarah , the owner is very friendly and helpful. The room I had was very spacious for the price I paid. And breakfast was served each morning in my room and was a very good breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

Piazza di Santa Croce

by KiNyA

I expected Piazza di Santa Croce a busy square but when we got there (in the morning, but not early!) it was completely empty.
From the Piazza you can get a magnificent view to Santa Croce's facade.

A visit to Lucca is well worth...

by josie13

A visit to Lucca is well worth the trip. You can see parts of the defensive wall which once shielded this town as far back as Roman times. Apart from many beautiful facades to photo, look out for the area which once was the site of a Roman Amphitheatre. When this theatre was torn down during the middle ages, private houses were built over the original circumference thus forming the Piazza Anfiteatro.

Illegal Shopping

by ForestqueenNYC about Street Vendors On Sheets

You can buy all kinds of designer knock offs and it is hard to pass up that cute Gucci purse for 15 Euros, but remember it is illegal and you could be fined or it could be confiscated when you leave the EU.

Best food in Florence

by deebum25 about Palle D'Oro

My husband and I loved this restaurant so much we went back twice, something we never did before. The first time we went I was conservative and had tortellini in brodo and an insalata verde while my husband enjoyed pasta as I was not feeling well but the food was still delicious. The next day I was feeling much better and we returned to eat to our heart's content. I definitely recommend the cinghiale (wild boar) antipasti. It comes on a wooden board and is absolutely delicious! We had nothing here that we did not love but the piece de resistance was the Florentine bistecca that my husband had. It was absolutely huge and he refused to leave one scrap of it. They even made excellent french fries! I had the shrimp diavolo which was nicely spicy and a liter of the house red wine and our waiter gifted us at the end with two glasses of limoncello. An excellent experience! And folks please please PLEASE learn some of the language, at least enough to be able to order from a menu! We were seated near a horrendous family of eight who fully expected their waiter to understand their English but didn't know a word of Italian and they all wanted special orders! Painful to watch. Loved them all but the cinghiale was special

Comments