Villa Dievole

Dievole
Venere.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Villa Dievole

The oldest of Florence's six bridges from UffiziThe oldest of Florence's six bridges from Uffizi

Our first view of the cuppolaOur first view of the cuppola

Courtyard at the UffiziCourtyard at the Uffizi

Via Filippina (Florence, Italy)Via Filippina (Florence, Italy)

Wine tasting: reservations required??

by calgirl2000

My friends and I are planning a trip to Italy for the first 2 weeks of June. We have heard that reservations are required for wine tastings at certain vineyards. Does anyone have info on any in Tuscany? How early would we have to reserve? We are a group of 5 women who are really looking forward to some great Italian wine! Thanks for any help!

Sandra

by syllybabe

Hello Sandra...
We had wine-tasting while we were in Siena because our hotel, Villa Piccola Siena, had its own vineyard, too, so if you're going to be in Siena, check this hotel out.
The tuscan vineyard we spent the day at for wine tasting was Dievole. Address and other info below. This was arranged for us by the hotel but I'm sure you can call or email since you're a group.
It's a beautiful vineyard and they have excellent wine.
I'm envious! Have to go back to Italy soon.
Enjoy!

Tel +39 0577 322632
www.dievole.it

I hope this helps.

by donato1899

They do want reservations especially if you want to have lunch. They really go out and buy the food in the morning for the amount of people that will be there.
We have made reservations at castello banfi in Montalcino for lunch and a winery tour in March. They want the cc# and half the amount for lunch if you don't show up. I did not like that but I am very excited about going to montalcino and I gave the cc# because we really do want to go there. Castello Banfi has a great web site.
The city of Siena has a web site with lots of links to winerys. I think it is www.sienaol.it

by TRimer

When we were in Tuscany we went to visit the vineyards with www.grapeadventures.com They have great relationships with the vineyards. Be sure to say hello to Gillian for me if you decide to go on one of their tours.

Traci

Re: Re: Wine tasting: reservations required??

by dorset

in this site you can found a lot informations about wine in italy

Travel Tips for Florence

Street painter

by codrutz

Streets and people on the streets offers many things to the tourist's eye. Some people are live-statues (I hate that job, but some might consider fun to watch the poor man or woman which is actually sweating under the bronze painted sheet), some are comics (alledgedly), some try to sell paintings, that are actually scanned pictures. You might find between those hoaxes some real painters, like the one in the picture. I would buy a hand-made picture of the dome from this man. I did not actually, but I will next time in Florence :))

Jump over bridgeside, sit on ledge- admire view!

by Fritzanity

Walk to the bridge just north of Ponte Vecchio (Ponte Santa Trinita), walk down it, look over at triangle pylons, jump down to them (only four feet drop). You'll have an amazing view of the Ponte Vecchio, or you'll have an amazing view of the Arno flowing off towards Pisa. Bring bottle of wine, highly recommended for sunset or just to chill at night. Great romantic spot, also just good for reading during afternoon. Rare private spot makes Florence feel like your own city.

Local Delicacies

by sue_stone about Boscovivo

Boscovivo is a fabulous shop located in the heart of Florence.

It sells Tuscan delicacies - everything from olive oils, truffles, mushrooms, jams, sauces and dressings, and of course a good selection of Tuscan wines.

It was conveniently located close to our hotel, and we were tempted in one day by the taste testing being offered.... We bought a huge bag of delicious Biscotti - which I took back to share with my workmates in London....and ended up eating most of myself as the were too good!

Also, we bought this small back of almonds covered in what looked like cocoa powder - Alex declared them the tastiest chocolate covered almonds he had ever had. Well, it isn't cheap, but they sell very nice quality goods.

Coming from Venice we found it...

by mjmarble

Coming from Venice we found it very afordable to just upgrade our Eurorail Pass to the highspeed line which is the only way to travel when going any distance in Europe. My only regret was that Tuscany was just beautiful and we didn't have much time to admire it.
Everyone seemed to have scooters, but we walked.

Florence has a speciality:...

by Star_Dust

Florence has a speciality: restaurants offer all inclusive meals.
THe food isn't AMAZING, but you can eat very well for that price! That means you can get your Primi piatti, Secondi piatti(first and second course, usually pasta and then meat), wine, water and coffee all for one fixed price.

Comments