Vivahotel Pitti Palace

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• andy613's Profile Photo

What a View.....

Can you imagine a better view....this is what we saw every breakfast!!!
    Situated at the southern end of the Ponte Vecchio, this wonderful hotel boasts two roof-top terraces, one with this stunning view!
    It is open until 10:30 for breakfast, then again until 10:30 at night, when you can order drinks from the bar.
    Be careful tho'...it did often close earlier, so dont rush back! (But you should see the view at night at least once....)
    The rest of the hotel? Friendly, helpful, clean, pleasant....PERFECT!!!!!

Directions: Ponte Vecchio, turn left!

• morganna's Profile Photo

Breakfast with views

The best surroundings in the old town, just next to Ponte Vecchio.

Unique Quality: Good facilities and, I recommend specially the views of the terrace where you take breakfast.

Directions: Ponte Vecchio

More about Vivahotel Pitti Palace

Lovely, unusual and central hotel

We stayed at this hotel in September 2005 and had found it as
recommended in a guide for the discerning traveller. The Pitti Palace Hotel is in the centre of Florence next to the Ponte Veccio, and thus a perfect
location for exploring the city by day and by night. The hotel building
is an ancient medieval tower, and on the top floor the breakfast room
offers lovely views across the Florence rooftops. In warm weather,
breakfast - which is cold but of a decent standard including cereals, fruit
and cheese - can be taken al fresco and this is wonderful. The staff
are very friendly and welcoming and will book and advise upon restaurants
for you. The public areas in the hotel are restricted due to the nature
of the building, but include a reception, small gallery, internet point
and casual bar. The rooms are small but of a good standard, clean, and
quiet when the windows are shut. The only noise when the windows are
open is from the street below and consists mainly of chatter from
pedestrians. The Pitti Palace Hotel is just down the road from its namesake,
the Pitti Palace, and in the midst of a variety of bespoke shops, ice
cream parlours and restaurants.

The only note of caution would be that for a special event such as a
honeymoon, you may want something more luxurious. It would currently
receive a maximum of 3.5 stars in my opinion.

Overall, I would rate this hotel as warm, welcoming and unusual, and a
good value for money city hotel, I would stay there again and be happy
to recommend it to my friends. The highlights are the location and the
breakfast terrace.

Delightful Accomodations in a Delightful City

My wife, daughter and her family, and I stayed at the VivaHotel Pitti Palace the summer of 2004. After leaving a fine three-star hotel in Rome, we were set to be less than impressed with our next lodging. However, when we arrived at our hotel just a short taxi ride from the Florence train station, we couldn't believe the location! There we were, at the foot of the Ponte Vecchio, right on the River Arno. The location was ideal -- within easy walking distance of all the major points of interest. Once in the hotel, we found courteous, friendly service; clean, well-kept rooms; sparkling, tiled bathrooms; attractive common areas; and a morning breakfast on the roof that simply dazzled -- well-layed-out, beautiful, generous, with a gorgeous view of the city! We were impressed!

Over the next three days, it did not disappoint. If we needed to refresh ourselves during a day of sightseeing at the Duomo, the Academia, Santa Croce, the Uffizi, or San Lorenzo, we were always only five minutes away from our hotel. The staff was always ready to assist with directions or to make a call on our behalf. We will definitely stay there on our next visit to Florence.

For its comfort, service, and location, we highly recommend Hotel Pitti Palace. In a city of highlights, it was a more-than-generous complement.

Top spot

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Very quickly they recalled my room number to hand me the key when I came in the door. The staff were friendly and informative.
The room was small but pleasant for a single. My balcony overlooked the bend in the road so I had a perfect view of activity in the street below.
The Basagliers (the running military brass band) had their annual parade on the Saturday and I watched part of it from my room.
The hotel is close to everything - about one minute away from the Ponte Vecchio and 3 minutes away from the Pitti Palace where the decadent Medici Family lived.
The breakfast room was wonderful as was the food. The view stunning and the staff friendly. At the end of the day you could go upstairs and sit on the balcony and watch the rooftops and views over Florence.
Under the hotel is an old wall that you may go into the basement and see. Also a Rose room with a tv and magazines for relaxed, quiet times.
I would go here again.

No Better Location

by TripAdvisor Member couf

The hotel is actually a 3 star, I don`t know why Trip Advisor has it as one. It is in the greatest of locations, just off of the Ponte Vecchio, and walking distance to everything else (all touristy Florence is within 15min walk). Had clean rooms, AC, breakfast on the roof. The windows weren't soundproof at all, so better get a room in the back. The walls were fine, never heard anything inside the hotel. But if you want to stay in the middle of Florence, you have to expect noise outside. Would definitely stay there again.

Great location - good value

by TripAdvisor Member Euell

The location is fabulous, the rooms are clean and nicely decorated, we felt we really got our money's worth at this hotel. There is an excellent restaurant right around trhe corner (the Golden View) that sits out over the Arno river. We did not have any of the problems listed here in other reviews - no bugs, extremely courteous staff, no foul odors, nice clean rooms with excellent air conditioning. We'd stay again without any reservations.

Very decent 3 star hotel

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Vivahotel Pitti palace. Everything was clean, the staff at reception were freindly and the air conditioning was great in combatting the summer heat. The location was also amazing; the hotel is right next to the Ponte Veccio and there are beautifal gardens just a 10 minute stroll away. This is a thoroughly decent three star hotel and would highly reccomend it.

Average Hotel with a Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member dmytreboe

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. It was in a perfect location. However, the hotel was definately just a 2 star hotel. When we first entered the hotel, we noticed a funny smell. The hotel is very old but we felt our bathroom and room were clean. The room was very tiny and plain and we had two twin size beds pushed together. We did enjoy the breakfast and nice view on the upstairs terrace. We stayed in 3 other destinations in Italy and this hotel did not compare to the other hotels that were in the same price range. We were a little disappointed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great location. However, if you are used to 4 star hotels, I would not stay here.

A most relaxing stay

Our stay at the Pitti Palace was enhanced by the warm assistance of the staff, the comfort of our room and the unparallelled view over Florence from the breakfast room.

From the time we arrived until departure eight days later, the reception staff were always helpful and offered advice on a range of issues. Our room was clean and comfortable with a small balcony overlooking the entrance to the Ponte Vechio, and the ready availability of internet facilities was appreciated.

The only criticism would be that our room on the fifth floor exposed us to some minor noise from footsteps in the breakfast room above, but this is but a small negative in a large field of positives.

Pisa airport to Florence (Pitti Palace Hotel)

by mikerome

Is there a train directly from Pisa Airport to Florence without stops in between? Could you give me advice on taxi fares/ bus routes?

RE: Pisa airport to Florence (Pitti Palace Hotel)

by Paisleypaul

It's a case of getting a cab from Gallilei Gallileo Airport in Pisa to the train station ; about 10-15 minutes and probably around 15 Euros

The journey to Firenze takes about 2 hours ; prices and timetable at the ubiquitous www.trenitalia.it

RE: Pisa airport to Florence (Pitti Palace Hotel)

by RicardoBA

Hi,
Many of the trains from the airport require a change at Pisa Centrale, but there are a few trains that go direct. Check the website www.trenitalia.com as suggested to see if any of the direct trains correspond to your arrival. The length of journey with change is usally 1.15 hr to 1.30hr. Purchase your ticket at the English friendly kiosk in the train station, no need to prebook.
The taxi fare to Pitti Palace area(Oltrano)(walkable without luggage) should be no more than 5 to 7 euros. The buses to that area all leave from the train station.
Cheers!!

RE: RE: Pisa airport to Florence (Pitti Palace Hotel)

by RicardoBA

Clearly the taxi and bus is from Santa Maria NOvella train station in Florence;just to clarify.

RE: RE: Pisa airport to Florence (Pitti Palace Hotel)

by hivaoa1

there is a bus from pisa airport to florence train station
it's called terravision bus