Via Sant' Andrea, 5, 57030, Italy

Boutique Hotel Ilio
Expedia.com Official Site Orbitz.com

• Our Stay at Hotel Ilio!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ilio in July 2007 on our trip to Italy. We stayed in the Sant’Andrea room that is right in front of the sea. It was spacious and very comfortable, with all the needed amenities.

The local beach was nice but not that big. Me and my boyfriend had some fun walking on the rock paths that were on either side of the sandy beach.

The absolute highlight of our stay was the food. We LOVED our dinners. My boyfriend and I appreciate top quality food and this was some of the best we've ever had.

The hotel also has a very good selection of Elba wines.We had a cocktail before dinner every night.
    The Ilio was a very lovely hotel and we definitely return for our honeymoon!

Unique Quality: Very quite and relaxing garden, delicious food

• ingridf_nl's Profile Photo

A haven on Elba

Everything about our stay in this hotel was wonderful:
    *the room
    *the location
    *the dinner
    *the hosts

We had the most wonderful three nights here. We were greeted by Maurizio who offered us a glass of wine... Then explained that we could select our dinner choices from a list. (The half-board includes a wonderful dinner cooked the by hotel's chef, Vincenzo Marzocchi. Dinner often features local seafood. The hotel also has a licensed sommelier (Anita Negele).)

He also described a wonderful path along the bay. We took his advice and found some beautiful areas to swim.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located very close to the beach, and to the Tuscan Archipelago National Park.

The bread served at breakfast and dinner is delicious.

Directions: Cape St. Andrea, 35 km from Portoferraio

More about Hotel Ilio

Our Stay at Hotel Ilio!

by cin77 about Boutique Hotel Ilio

The Ilio was a very lovely hotel and we definitely return for our honeymoon! Very quite and relaxing garden, delicious food

A haven on Elba

by ingridf_nl about Hotel Ilio

Everything about our stay in this hotel was wonderful:
*the room
*the location
*the dinner
*the hosts

Our room was beautiful. We had a large balcony from which we could see the sea. The room was large and comfortable. The hotel is located very close to the beach, and to the Tuscan Archipelago National Park.

The bread served at breakfast and dinner is delicious.

Palais des Mulini septembre 2009Palais des Mulini septembre 2009

Breakfast!Breakfast!

Elba, Villa dei Mulini, library of NapoleonElba, Villa dei Mulini, library of Napoleon

Elba, lighthouseElba, lighthouse

Places to stay in late March '08

by kcervino

Does anyone know a nice place to stay that would be open in late March on Isola D'Elba?

I know we are travelling in the off season and we don't want to arrive to find there is nothing open. Any advice?

Thanks.

Kathy

by domenicococozza

We went to Elba more than twenty years ago. We stayed at Frank's Hotel in Capoliveri but we were there in early September. I can recommend the hotel but I can't comment on what is open in March.
You may be able to google: Frank's Hotel, Elba.

by virtualkarmo

I have visited the island more recently and I have stayed at the Hotel Ilio.
I do not know whether the hotel will be open or not by late March. Anyway, many seasonal hotel use to open for the Easter weekend which starts on Friday March 21st so I guess it shouldn't be that difficult for you to find where to stay.

by antwilla

It is better to contact APT www.aptelba.it before travelling . They will give you a list of hotels that will be open.
Look also elba hotel
ciao

by antwilla

Contact me for more help
ciao

Travel Tips for Isola d' Elba

Portoferraio

by KiNyA

I was told Portoferraio is very crowded town in summer. I visited it in September and was positively surprised - I nearly didn't see any tourists at all. I found it a very nice and peaceful place, perfect spot for a holiday.
The only thing I missed were showers on the beaches.

Arriving to Elba

by Azhut

Portoferraio is the main Port in the Elba Island and it gives you the chance to join many touristic beaches as "Le ghiaie" or Capobianco. Portoferraio is also one of the two seats where Napoleone Bonaparte lives some years on isolation.

Villa di San Martino

by KiNyA

Villa San Martino is located in the valley of San Martino, 5 kms from Portoferraio. It was Napoleon’s country residence. We didn't have time to check the interior but I've read the Egyptian Room and the Demidoff Gallery are worth of visiting.

Comments