Via di Poggio 9, Lucca, Tuscany, 55100, Italy

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

• charming well-located hotel in heart of Lucca

I have been just checking out places in Lucca, not for travel but for sentiment.
    I stayed at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini in April of 1999, so it is hard for me to be positive the photo added is the same pleasant fellow at the desk when I was there.
    I was travelling alone to photograph some of my old favorite piazzas and see new ones. I was in Lucca something like 3.5 days, walking my feet off.
    I remember coming back to the Piccolo Puccini in late afternoon, with the fellow at the desk watching tennis, Kuerten and (whom? I almost remember). I watched too, and we chatted in a mix of my bad italian and his better english. He had to answer the phone a lot, and helped people by telling them there were no hotel rooms left in town, but where else to check. So I felt lucky to have nabbed a spot - which I did back then by telephone and fax from California, probably weeks ahead. Such a good thing we have now with the net.
    Anyway, he fixed me a Campari with an ice cube, and I nattered at him for another ice cube, typical for an american.

So, a convivial place, without being in any way obnoxious. I'd stay there again in a second.

Unique Quality: It was a stone's throw from San Michele, and the Puccini square.

My price below would be out of date, but it was perfect for back then.

Directions: I don't remember. I just walked from the bus station.

• tompik's Profile Photo

A Quaint Hotel Inside the Wall

Located just off the Piazza St. Michelle, this boutique hotel was a pleasant affordable night's stay inside the Wall of Lucca. Charming in appearance, decorated with Puccini memorablia, the personal touch of the hotel staff makes for a warm and friendly visit.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Great Location: Heart of the Historic District

We stayed in Lucca for six nights at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini, a delightful small independent hotel in the historic section near the Church of San Michele in Foro.

The service was outstanding. As a privately owned and operated small hotel, the owner/manager called us by name, gave us marvelous tips on where to eat, shop, and park. One night, we bought a delicious cake dessert, brought it back to the hotel, and shared it with him while we talked and talked.

Our room was a corner room that looked out on the Puccini Statue that is famous in Lucca. We had two large windows, a queen-sized bed, big chest, end tables, lovely small chair with material that matched the drapes. The ceilings were so tall with beautiful wood trim. Our bathroom was average size and adequate. It was quiet, comfortable, and quite attractive.

Unique Quality: We had the perfect view, color TV, direct-dial telephone, private bathroom, firm bed, and pleasant surroundings.

All-in-all, it was a lovely six days at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini.

Note: No breakfast was served at this hotel, and that was the only drawback. However, because of that, we were able to try several places around the hotel.

More about Piccolo Hotel Puccini

Heart of the Historic District in Lucca

by deecat about Piccolo Hotel Puccini

We stayed in Lucca for six nights at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini, a delightful small, independent hotel in the historic section near the Church of San Michele In Foro.

The service was outstanding. As a privately owned and operated small hotel, the owner/manager called us by name, gave us marvelous tips on where to eat, shop, and park. One night, we purchased a delicious cake dessert, brought it back to the hotel, and shared it with him while we talked and talked.

The place was quiet, comfortable, and quite attractive. We had the perfect view, covor TV, direct-dial telephone, private bathroom, firm mattress, and pleasant surroundings.

All-in-all, it was a wonderful six days at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini.

Note: no breakfast was served at this hotel, and that was the only drawback. However, because of that, we were able to try several places around the hotel.

Owner of Piccolo Hotel Puccini in LuccaOwner of Piccolo Hotel Puccini in Lucca

Owner/Operator of Piccolo Hotel Puccini, LuccaOwner/Operator of Piccolo Hotel Puccini, Lucca

Comments