Marina di Grosseto Hotels

• rayme7 profile photo rayme7
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tenuta San Carlo: Organic Farm Stay in Tuscany

Tenuta San Carlo completely exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a lovely place to stay on a small property by the sea. Instead I got an 1000 acre farm located in the heart of a national park, which was lovely, by the way. I rented a bike and was able to bike through the whole property. I saw wildboar, deer, hares, turtles, many many birds I don't know the names of. The farm produces fresh vegetables and fruit, and they offer breakfast and dinner even if my accommodation had a fully furnished kitchen in it. The housing was simple, but lovely. I felt very taken care of and had plenty of peace and quiet, which was exactly what I was looking for. I got to go horseback riding, and there were adorable farm animals everywhere. I happen to be there during the birth of their cows and horses. You can imagine how exciting that was! I highly recommend Tenuta San Carlo not just for the place, but for their exceptional service.

On the beach, in a national park, many different kinds of animals (farm and wild), fresh food from the fresh products they grew on the farm, horseback riding, so so so accommodating to my every need.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• Magnus_swe profile photo Magnus_swe
  • Reviews: 4

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cieloverde: Camping with Deers

The camping is well organized but you must look around to find your spoot (a kinf of free nature camping). The camping host will follow you to some "free" spoots and you can choose from this. The beach is located 800m from the camping centre and there is buses going down to the beach the whole day. Its good to have a bike beacuse the camping ground is very big and it could be quite a distance to the shopping area.

We were here for 2 weeks and one of the best things was that there were nearly only Italians there.

You can make quite a lot of day trips from here like Florence, Rom, Pisa

There are some restaurants and bars but they are quite expensive.

Dont be surprised if you will be visited by some deers at your caravan or tent beacuse this is a national park.

If you want to be among italians and not just traveling "north" europeans this is the place.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average