Villa Le Torri

Via Poppiano, 88, Montespertoli, 50025, Italy

More about Villa Le Torri

Excellent Facilities For Disabled Traveller At Le Torri

by TripAdvisor Member Celanese

Theresa, my wife has spino-cerebellar ataxia and is confined to a wheelchair. The large apartment they have modified for the diasabled traveller is very comfortable and well equipped. We were part of a family group of 9 and the apartment was large enough for all of us eat and party there. During our trip we had a wheelchair accident in Montespertoli and Terry suffered a large bruise on the forehead and black eyes. Gabriel contacted a local doctor who prescribed medication. He and his family supplied us with all the first aid required. The food served at Le Torri is excellent. The three weeks we spent at Le Torri and travelling in Tuscany seemed to pass by in an instant.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member lostfarm

It had always been a dream of mine to travel to Italy and to stay in your welcoming accomodation was everything we had ever imagined and hoped for!
I think one of the highlights was the "welcome dinner" for all the guests and without the slightest hesitation we were the first ones to sign up for another lovely meal prepared by the parents.
The villa was in a very central location so that day trips to the neighboring towns were just a short car drive away.
Beautiful accomodation and surroundings! We found Gabriele, the owner, very helpful upon arrival with a map and suggested day trips and was always available if we had any questions.
It is certainly a place one could return to with no hesitation!

Fabulous Apartments in Tuscany

by TripAdvisor Member sugarpie-honeybun

My husband, two children, ages 11 an 12, and I stayed at Le Torri for 5 nights. This was an excellent base for our driving tour to explore Tuscany. It is conveniently located between Florence and Sienna. The roads in this area are very good. The apartment was bigger than it looked in the pictures. It was very clean and comfortable. The views from our apartment were incredible!! We could see the sun shining on the snow capped mountains in the distance with fog in the valley when we woke in the morning. We overlooked olive groves and vinyards. We shopped at the local markets and cooked at night and really got the feel of Italy. Gabrielle, the owner was very helpful with directions and suggestions for places to see. He made some phone calls for us in Italian which was very helpful. I would definately go back here and recommend it to all of my friends.

Italian Dream Villa

by TripAdvisor Member lasnider

This Villa is beautiful and everything one might imagine an Italian Villa to be. It has a perfect combination of rustic old world charm and modern amenities. The apartment was clean and spacious and ideal for our family of 5. The location is perfect with Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano and Siena all a short drive away. Gabriele was very gracious and helped us with maps and suggestions for bus travel into Florence. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends and family. The only regret I have is that we visited during March and the wonderful meals they offer during the summer weren't available!

Promised much - delivered it all!

by TripAdvisor Member CaitiHo

Sometimes a place just gets it right - the building, location, and setting were all givens (we checked all that out before going ahead with the booking), but the superb quality of the accommodation (superbly equipped kitchen, luxurious and supremely comfortable - and enormous - bed, great and scrupulously clean bathrooms for example) the attention to detail and the unexpected extras make this a very special place. We were expecting a lot based on the website for Le Torri, but we got far more!

What a pity the marvellously helpful Gabriele (owner) couldn't organise sufficiently hot weather to use the lovely looking pool - but then it was early April!!

If seeking a comfortable, conveniently placed (we visited Florence, Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano with ease and in fact used the bus to avoid the Florentine traffic), beautiful place to stay where the owners are available, helpful, and charming, one could depend on finding it at Le Torri.

Cathy and Andy Hornby (and Hannah too!)

Perfect in every way

by TripAdvisor Member specialtrevor

We just couldn't believe how good this place could be; but all that's written about it is true. Much nicer in real life than can be shown in photographs. Gabrielle and his family are the most helpful and polite people we've ever encountered. DO NOT miss the Thursday night Tuscan meal - one of the best dining experiences you'll ever have.

They also make their own Chianti and Olive Oil which are both certainly not to be missed.

The location is perfect, and the scenery sublime. We stayed in appartment number 2, which had magnificent views from the fantastically large and comfotrable double bed.

We WILL return at some point in the future, and we are looking forward to that day already.

Thanks Gabrielle and family. Please send us your recipe book!

Beautiful property, beautiful location

by TripAdvisor Member LouisOxfordshire

We had a wonderful stay at le Torri. Gabriele the owner was most helpful with all aspects, maps, places to visit and details of how best to visit.
The apartment was of the highest standard in all aspects and we would recommend Le Torri to anyone wishing to visit Tuscany.
Perfectly located for Pisa, Florence, Sienna and Lucca.
We will be visiting again next year.

Perfect Location and Lovely Setting

by TripAdvisor Member gadaboutgal

What a great experience. My husband and I just returned from a 3 week vacation in Italy. Our one week at Le Torre was one of the most memorable experiences of our trip.
We had a one bedroom apartment on the first floor, and it was everything we expected.
Le Torre was so perfectly positioned from which to see all the major sights of Tuscany. It was so nice to come home to its tranquility after a busy day. The property is idealic-such lovely gardens and an attractive swimming pool. Our first night, we were guests at their home-prepared meal that was pure Tuscan in character-what a perfect introduction for the week.
We would definitely recommend Le Torre if you want a true Tuscan experience provided by a womderful Tuscan family.

Le Torri will always be our accommodation of choice in Tuscany

by TripAdvisor Member Papillion-KW

This has to be the best accomodation in all of Tuscany.

The accommodation was clean with fantastic views of the Tuscan countryside.

Gabriele, and his family, were not only delightful as hosts, but were helpful beyond what ever we may have expected. He lent us maps, gave advice as to where to park, and told of the local garage to get my headlight lightbulb changed. The welcome meeting food was great, and the optional evening meal was wonderful. I went to Italy believing that I was going to starve (I don't like the English version of Italian food), but the food was delightful. The meals were an excellent way to meet the other guests (who were from various countries - Canada, Germany, Luxumberg, England, etc) some of them returning to Le Torri many times.

I can think of no better accommodation or hosts and would definitely stay here again when in Tuscany.

Great place, facilities, location and especially the welocome

by TripAdvisor Member Headabove

Well, it looked good on all the reviews, and it had a helpful website, so I booked it keeping my fingers crossed. It entirely lived up to my expectations. Gabrielle is most helpful, professional and genuinely interested in all who stay having a thoroughly good stay. The flat (two bedrooms, can accomodate 6) was clean, with good beds (firm, not worn out), tastefully furnished, but most importantly kitted out with a PROPER kitchen, including dishwasher (full size). So nice to cook with proper gas... There is no microwave, so if you use them for anything worthwhile on a regular basis you could, I suppose, miss it, but we didn't. Tuscan cooking doesn't mention microwaves.
The location is out in the country, about 4 miles from Montespertoli, which some of you may be aware has an annual wine festival that we missed. The nearest village - St Quirico in Collina - is just a five minute walk away. There are two small food shops, a restaurant, but most importantly it does have a bus stop - though there are very few buses going to Florence or returning. However, if there were four of you staying and had one hire car, you would still be able to get around independently, if that's what you wanted to do.
My tip, if arriving by air via Pisa (on a saturday, as that's changeover day) is to stop off en-route at Empoli, which has a large and well stocked Coop hypermarket, and is clearly visible and accesible from the main road. Don't buy any olive oil before tasting the Le Torri olive oil produced here. You can buy small/medium/large bottles from Gabrielle. I just wished we had bought a bigger bottle. It's not going to last us much longer. Of course a complimentary dinner is served on the saturday evening at 7.30 pm and includes a great selection of tuscan foods and locally produced wine - which I agree with one of the residents comments - it is quite alcoholic. Best to have a hire car, but bus transport is possible, as I said earlier. Florence is best visited by bus, best service leaves from another village, Cerbaia, which is just a short drive away and has plentiful cheap car parking. Also a supermarket so you can stock up before returning to Le Torri after a busy day sightseeing. Only 2.10 Euros each way per person. It is best to book Uffizi in advance. At 9.30 am on a wednesday there was a 2 1/2 hour queue to buy tickets, and even though there is a 4 euro surcharge on advance bookings, you come here to see things, not queue for hours (after all you get that at check-in, boarding, baggage collection, customs, shuttle bus for car-hire, car hire..do I make myself clear here?).
Maybe I'll come back next year when the wine festival is on. Just don't expect me to tell you when it's happening, I am keeping that information to myself.

Comments