Accademia Palace Hotel

Viale Giovanni Gronchi 1, Pisa, Tuscany, 56121, Italy

Good For No Data
  • babettu's Profile Photo

Nearby Hotel From Pisa Airport

We chose this hotel cause it was very close to Pisa airport cause we arrived late in the evening and I hate to drive in a new place when its very late. The hotel service was very good. The rooms where very clean and had lovely furnishings. Breakfast was abundant and very good otherwise the food on the menu was also good but there was'nt much choice.

More about Accademia Palace Hotel

weekend in Pisa

by brigitteMenton

My partner, David and I have just returned from a weekend trip to Pisa. We both enjoy visiting historic locations and in the evenings look forward to good food, friendly service and a nice ambience. We were not disapointed in Pisa.We booked our accomodation at the Accademia Palace Hotel, the only last minute deal we could get at a reasonable price. I would only recommend this hotel to people touring by car, it's a bit off the beaten track and on the edge of a large commercial centre. No atmosphere, but spotless and the buffet breakfast quite adequate.
After spending the day at the fantastic piazza del Duomo, doing all the things tourists do, such as climbing to the top of the leaning tower, visiting the cathedral, the baptistery, the camposanto or resting place of Pisa's noblemen and the museum, we were looking forward to our dinner.

"restaurants we visited and highly recommend !"

That evening, we ate at the Osteria del Tinti, just off the piazza Garibaldi. It has aready been recommended on this site and we are glad we made a note of the address. Absolutely superb pasta starters, excellent service, good wine and wonderful main courses of fish and meat. Even the side dishes, such as rosemary roast potatoes and grilled vegetables were, oh so tasty.... for my dessert I chose Tartuffo, lovely chocolate coated creamy ice cream.
With wine, our three-course menu came to 75€ We were offered Limoncello's on the house and thouroughly recommend this restaurant. Either be there at 7:30pm or reserve on 0039 050580240. By 8:30pm all tables had been taken.

"Lunch at pub resto on via Borghetta"

Nothing much happening on the via Borghetta. Look out for a modern sign in red, depicting a ship. The theme of this resto-pub is maritime. I had for my starter warm octopus salad with beans, followed by delicious home made ravioli, filled with pesto and mascarpone. David's starter of parma ham was followed by the best spaghetti we've eaten in a long time and we live on the French/ Italian border!....
Our first wine was a pichet of white a "frizzante," which we drank but didn't really appreciate. We then ordered a bottle of excellent white wine and when we asked for the bill, the owner would not allow us to pay for the bottle, because we had not enjoyed his sparkling wine. As we staggered out, leaving a nice tip, we resolved to tell the world of this wonderful experience.

Taxi in Pisa at 5:30 am?

by KristinS

I am in Pisa for a single night at the Accademia Palace Hotel. The next morning I need to be at the airport at 5:30 am for a flight. I am very nervous that I will not be able to get a taxi.

Does anyone know if the hotel will be willing/able to arrange a taxi for me?

Cheers.

RE: Taxi in Pisa at 5:30 am?

by mccalpin

Hmmmmn, well, I am not a spokesperson for the hotel, but I see from its website that it is a 4-star hotel that is geared to business travelers. That alone tells me that it is almost certainly willing and able to arrange for a taxi to pick you up at 5:15 a.m. or so (the airport is only a few minutes away by car).

In addition, the hotel has a shuttle that takes people to/from the airport, which is probably an "on-demand" arrangement, i.e., if you reserve the shuttle, the bellman or whoever is on duty drives the shuttle to wherever.

Honestly, I can't imagine that you will have a problem - hotels (even one star) do this all the time in Italy - just so long as you stop by reception the day or evening before and ask them to arrange it.

If it really worries you, try emailing the hotel at info@accademiapalacehotel.it and see what they say (although, to be fair, a lot of Italian institutions are erratic about email - they often do better with a phone call or fax (see the website at http://www.accademiapalacehotel.it/)); but, of course, the email is cheap to try first...

Bill

by hivaoa1

yes, make a reservation a night before with your hotel
i know hotel accademia, it's just 5 minutes drive to the airport
there is plenty of cabs because they work a lot with airport departures and arrivals
if you flight is to Milan it's 6.40 so you can be there 6.10 at last
don't worry, Pisa is not as strict as many airport
so 5.30 is more than good
the cafes won't open before 6 am
ciao :D

by hivaoa1

by the way, my friend works at the check in area, they don't open before 5.30

by KristinS

Thank you so much for your response and advice. It was very helpful and I am a lot less worried about getting to the airport. I'll be sure to make arrangement with the hotel when I arrive.

Comments