Via Mazzini 57, Pisa, Tuscany, 56125, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Hotel Bologna - WATCH FOR THE FINE !!!

This is a gentle warning to anyone using a vehicle on the road at the front of the hotel, who is not fluent in Italian !
    The road outside has some sort of electronic control on it, and you MUST pay a fee to use it. If the Hotel reception remembers, they will ask you and provide a token, but if they forget and you do not understand the Italian road sign you (eventually) receive
    A 110 EURO FINE !!!
    Our fine turned up almost ONE YEAR after we visited. It has really spoiled our memories of Pisa and an excellent hotel.
    The Hotel was helpful in explaining what we had done wrong, and got the fine 'cancelled' at a cost of 45 euros (cancelled ?). Better than 110 euros but still a grave displeasure to us. The Hotel would not accept any accountability for not warning us.
    So - enjoy Pisa and this great hotel - but be VERY careful using the road outside with your own vehicle ! Or chose a different hotel that does not have this silly problem

• kirsty_lamb's Profile Photo

Fantastic hotel

This hotel is about a ten minute walk form the train station, and about another ten minute walk from the main street and the Arno. It's probably about a twenty minute walk to the Leaning Tower.

The staff are very helpful and friendly, and I would certainly stay here again. The rooms are nice and modern.

Unique Quality: They have extra services you can make use of like transfers for the station or airport or other shuttle services.

• DMcD's Profile Photo

Well satisfied--good for family

Our family of 4 was pleasantly surprised at this place (considering some of the dumps we stayed at with the same star rating as this place---something wrong with the European rating system). In viewing another review of this hotel, I can see how it would be quieter towards the rear of the building(where we stayed). We didn't notice too much noise on the top floor towards the rear. The place is quite clean, comfortable and well-maintained. On-site private parking is available for a fee. Good breakfast included. Walking distance to the leaning tower.

Unique Quality: clean--modern ammenities--well maintained

Directions: residential / commercial district

• ear plugs required

March 2005. the noise in this hotel was dreadful, it continued most of the night. We think that we were above their laundry but when we complained we go the "shrug of the shoulders" . We overlooked the car park and also got all the noise from people leaving early and arriving late. Ontop of this the building opposite has been gutted and is in the process of being slowly refurbished.
    The cost was £60 through last minute.com but would have prefered to have spent more and got some sleep. the room was clean and average.

Directions: 10 minutes from the train station in one direction and 10 minutes from the Tower across the Arno.

• StuartSage's Profile Photo

No complaints!

We were only staying for a night in Pisa and this was an excellent choice although if I was returning I would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as the traffic noise is quite bad in the mornings.

The rooms and the hotel were absolutely spotless but the bed was a bit hard!!

Oh, and for once a hotel recommended a restaurant that was actually REALLY very good!

More about Bologna Hotel Pisa

Great Hotel !

Basically just to ditto most of the good points that was mentioned below.

I've stayed in many a hotel and this one is definitely 'a steal'! It's very good value for money and it's in a great location, rooms were very clean and tidy and the staff was on the whole very good.

Excellent Hotel

Excellent hotel situated in an ideal position halfway between the station and the leaning tower. The hotel is in a quiet side street but yet is only one block from Corso Italia, the main shopping street in Pisa.

My single room was of ample size and spotless, as was the rest of the hotel.

The buffett breakfast was impressive and the staff helpful and friendly.

Highly recommended.

Nice, but not the best

My reason for writing this review is that I was a little disappointed with this hotel and felt it necessary to warn others. I wanted to give it a fair review though, so I've listed both good and bad points.

Good:
- Our room was quite big for a double (their rooms are generally bigger than I've stayed in elsewhere).
- The breakfast selection was as good as I've had in some 4* hotels.
- The hotel is very close to the railway station, which makes it very convenient for the airport and for daytrips out of Pisa (to Florence, Lucca, etc.).
- The hotel is in a quiet part of Pisa, but is within walking distance of all the main attractions and is very close to a main shopping street.
- The people at the front desk were very helpful.

Bad:
- Our double bed turned out to be two singles.
- The breakfast room always seemed to be full - we had to queue most mornings.
- The first morning I asked for a cappuccino and was given a jug of nasty watered-down coffee and some frothy milk (I expected people to know better in Italy!).
- It proved VERY difficult to catch the attention of the staff at breakfast.
- The bathroom was a little cramped.
- The noise and smell from the automated insect-repellent dispenser was a nuisance.
- The air-con was working but wasn't turned on and there did not seem to be a way of controlling it.
- The towels and toilet paper were not always replaced.
- The sheets weren't changed during our stay (3 nights).

This was a nice hotel, but I've stayed in better for the same price, and was a little surprised that this was rated the best place to stay in Pisa. Nevertheless, it didn't spoil my holiday, and I hope everyone enjoys Pisa as much as I did.

Noisy hotel bologna

by TripAdvisor Member glowworm

We stayed in the Hotel Bologna in March 2005. A very good situation but horrendously noisy. Eventually fell asleep with exhaustion but would only recommend this place if you use ear plugs. I think we must have been above the laundry room. Also the building opposite is being gutted and renovated. We complained but were told with a shrug of his shoulders that he would not know about noise as he had never slept there!!!!

Great hotel in Pisa

by TripAdvisor Member Colokev

Bologna has a great staff! Everyone was helpful and nice. The rooms are huge and clean. It was very modern and spacious. there is not much to do in Pisa but this is a great hotel to stay in while you are there!

Need Train Help

by JJBlondie

My friend and I are arriving into Milan at 6:30 pm on a Sunday. We need to be at our Villa outside Viareggio by 10 am Monday morning. Is there a way to get to Viareggio on Sunday night, or will we have to split our trip up by traveling to Genoa or Bologna on Sun and then onto Viareggio on Monday?

My travel agent says I can only go Milan-Bologna-Pisa-Viareggio. Trenitalia suggests Milan-Genoa-Viareggio. Can anyone in Italy give me the right information? I'm confused.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

by melissa_bel

If I were you,I'd trust Trenitalia. They're the ones with the schedules. I checked Trenitalia and indeed, Milan-Genova and Viareggio is the way to go.

by kenadams

If I were you, I'd change trravel agent. There is no way you go from Milan to Bologna to Pisa to Viareggio: it would take a much longer time. Milan-Genova-Viareggio is the fastest way.
I don't know about schedules, but I think you can make it to Viareggio on Sunday night. Trust trenitalia for the itinerary and schedule, then cross your fingers and hope the trains are on time.
Good luyck.

by JJBlondie

Thank you both for your input. That helps me immensely.

by elejeune

To check train routes and connections this is a good site: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=43&newrequest=yes&

There is a train that leaves
Milano Centrale at 22:15 arrive in Genova Piazza Principe at 00:03 then leave Genova Piazza Principe at 00:39 ( Sleeper and couchette train, Subject to compulsory reservation ) arrive
Viareggio at 02:41
There are other trains, a little earlier or later.

Milano, Genova, Viaraggio is the fastest route.

by JJBlondie

Thank you, that's an excellent site and very useful.

by mariocibelli

I take it you are getting in to Milan Malpensa at 1830, which means you need alomst 2 hours to get out of the airport and be at the station.

There is a train at 2015 for Genoa Porta Principe, there you change trains and continue on to Viareggio, arriving at 0028!

THere is a direct train at 710 the next morning that gets in at 1035 - to me this might be the bet choice, what happens if you arrive after 10 in the morning??

by JJBlondie

Need to arrive in time for the Vino Tour on Monday!

:-)

Thanks for the help!

by mariocibelli

www.trenitalia.it

you can make it that night, butg you are going to have to rush from the airport to the station. you can order the tickets on-line or just buy them on the train, it is an 8 euro penalty but better that than missing the booze in the morning...

Comments