Michele Guest House

Via Vespucci 103, Pisa, 56125, Italy

HostelBookers.com

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

A Perfect Room & Owner Passionate About Pisa

Comfortable rooms, good directions and recommendations can be had in Italy with a little research. However Michele Grieco the owner of Michele's Guest House transcends above that level and provides a detailed history of Pisa from its glory days up until the presence. He is a gracious owner but also a scholar and encyclopedia of information about Pisa. He lives across the street but was always available when we needed him. However lets go over each part of the accommodations first,

Arrival- We arrived early to the guest house and Michele spotted us walking down the street. He checked us in three hours early without even mentioning the house policy.

A quick story to let you know how wonderful guests feel this place is. While we were checking out a young couple came to pay their bill. They raved about the place and his service and handed over some bills. They loved the place so much that they refused change back from the owner! Now how often does that happen? Star One!

Rooms- We had asked for a room with two twin beds and a shared bathroom. The room provided was with two extra large size twins and furnished nicely. Clean throughout and I even checked under the bed! Just about every convenience that a guest room can have Michele has managed to put in a room. A great tv, sound system, with access to DVD's etc. A fully stocked refrigerator with beer, wine, mineral water, and sodas at no extra price! Coffee and tea service with a few chocolates thrown in for good measure. He also provided us with our own beautiful bathroom across from our room at no extra cost. Star Two!

Bathroom- The bathroom being functional and nicely furnished. However what set it apart from others was that the shower had a beautiful series of photographs set in the tile of the Arno River. One other he showed us had photos of the Cinque Terre. Another Star!

Lounge Area- There is a small lounge area that includes the breakfast room. Michele has an extensive collection of guide and picture books about Italy. While waiting for him to finish with another client I delved into several books about Umbria and Tuscany which assisted in future travels.

Breakfast- One of the best breakfasts we had in 25 days in Italy! Everything you can think of it was there. Great meats and cheeses. Delicious cakes, cereals, and breads! A selection of fresh fruit including strawberries. Excellent coffee! I am sure I am forgetting other things. Star Four!

If you decide to book this b and b be sure and use their web site;
    www.guest-house,it

Unique Quality: Michele himself is the most unique quality of this bed and breakfast. He is a freelance photographer and engineer by training but is extremely well versed in not only the history of Pisa but all of Italy. He routinely picks up guests at the airport for no charge! Despite the demands of his job he will talk to you and provide helpful suggestions on what to see, feel and smell while in Pisa at all hours of the days. I suggested that he made spokesperson for the Pisa Chamber of Commerce.

When I indicated to him that I would like to borrow a computer for a few minutes he went across the street and brought me back a laptop. He just asked that I bring it back in the morning! Star Five for this wonderful place!

We will someday be back to Pisa and there is no doubt that we will stay here again!

Directions: An easy two block walk from the Pisa Train Station.

• alemir82's Profile Photo

B&B

Within close proximity of both the airport (800 m) and the train station (100 m), this accommodation is aptly suited for those wishing to explore the city. Michele offers two guestrooms, one with a double bed, one with two singles, and a shared bathroom with shower.

More about Michele Guest House

Perfect point of departure for Tuscany

by TripAdvisor Member alteveer

At the end of 2007 it is fine to think back of one of the topics for my wife and me of this year. Our destination was Tuscany. We had prepared as much as possible by using internet. And so we chose for Michele Guest House in Pisa because of the information on its website. And we were or got not disappointed at all! A short distance from the airport and the central station to our room. So within next to no time from the aeroplane to the beautiful town of Pisa. We didn't want a luxury and expensive hotelbedroom. So we were very content with the perfect room in this B&B-accomodation. Everything was proper, clean and enough confortable. And the kind help of Michele for all our questions was a pleasant surprise. He helped us with worthful tips, for instance for our trips, all made by public traffic. And his tips for the best addresses in Pisa for pizza, cappuccino etc. were very useful. Pisa was indeed a perfect point of departure for towns as Florence, Lucca and Siena. And again Michele's information helped us for unforgettable impressions for ever of these towns.

So our advice: if you want to visit Tuscany, it is very unwise to haven't thought of Michele Guest House in Pisa for your planning!!!

Good but no such a big deal!

by TripAdvisor Member YoLode

After reading all these amazing reviews I booked a room on the B&B.
First remark is that I found it a bit overpriced (normal B&B, without breakfast, low season) 20 euros more than a great B&B in Florence with breakfats included

We stayed for 2 nights ( not in a row).

The first was ok, our room had laptop, internet and famous Nespresso coffee machine

When we came back, my room had none of those extras, but the price was still the same!

Michele is an ok guy, but I would prefer maybe a little bit more privacy....

Charming day in Pisa

by TripAdvisor Member LilyMike

The soul of home appears, when you meet its master. Home comes alive and becomes either uncomfortable, or actually your home. Just such our home became for us for a day Michele Guest House in Pisa. It is really in 5 minutes walk from the station. And when you acquaint with its master Michele, you come under charm of this place. The benevolence of Michele had no border. Vivid explanations about picturesque places of Pisa, recommendations what to see and on what there is no need to expend time and spend money, nice whish of Michele to represent his town as the best place in the world – all that charmed us absolutely. An how useful was his recommendation of spagetteria with tasty food and moderate prices! Plus to all this: excludingly comfortable bed, stylishly designed room, which Michele gave us, beautiful photo of small Italian village on the rock, made by the master and placed on the wall in our bathroom! It was also very convenient, that Michele speaks English.
So we put the excellent mark to this Michele Guest House!

Pisa at Christmas time

by TripAdvisor Member FifeScotland

Stayed in guest house for 2 nights with my husband and our young daughter. Michele was very friendly, helpful and accommodating, and spoke excellent English. The guest house was ideally situated within walking distance from the airport and the main shopping/sightseeing areas of Pisa. It was very clean, well equipped and comfortable. The atmosphere in Pisa was wonderful, especially with it being a few weeks before Christmas with street Christmas lights everywhere, the Christmas market and even carol singers. Everyone we met were so happy and welcoming. We ate in a trattoria one day and an osteria the next - both were amazing, with homely, traditional food. We would definately recommend a visit to Pisa and when we next go back we plan to stay again at Michele's Guest House. Pauleen :)

Lovely place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Minimad

We stayed for a couple of nights at Michele's Bed & Breakfast. It was lovely and clean, a spacious room with a great selection of drinks in the room that you will not find in any hotel!
Michele was the perfect host and was waiting to welcome us on our arrival. He has great knowledge of Pisa and its history and other areas around Italy.
On the first night I hadn't realised the quilt was a feather one, I am allergic to feathers and I needed to remove the quilt and I needed a blanket or something to substitute it. However, it was 11pm! I sent Michele a text in the hope I didn't wake him, within less than 5 mins he was there with a substitute. Great guy!
The B&B, as already mentioned by previous people is really close to the train station, making it excellent for catching buses and trains, at the same time it is quiet.
There are many great places to eat within walking distance. There is a new place called "Osteria di Sulegna" on Via Mercanti, the food and wine is fantastic and you won't taste food like this in the UK. The lady in there also speaks in English and is very friendly as are all the staff. It is a cosy little place.
I would highly recommend this B&B and I will return soon!

Loved Pisa

by TripAdvisor Member DavidandKate

Michele was the most helpful person anyone could wish for on a trip to a foreign city. His information is second to none about Tuscany, whether it be eating out or places to visit. We stayed at 103 Via Vespucci for 2 nights and 3 nights in the Cinque Terre room on 96 Via Vespucci. The room at 103 was a bit neglected and could do with a make over, but clean enough. The Cinque Terre room was great with ensuite, all mod cons etc. I would definitely go back to the Cinque Terre room and check out the area along the coast. Definitely recommend this location for walking easily to the places in Pisa and the Trains Station.

Tuscan, the right way

by TripAdvisor Member thecbob

I have traveled all over the world; from one-room flops in London to 5-Star Resorts, none have compared to the hospitality of Michele's Guest House. Everyone here is treated as if they are an "Honored Guest". Michele (pronounced Mick-el) truly sets the tone for your Tuscany vacation.
My adult son and I spent four nights there during Thanksgiving week in 2007. Being the low point of the tourist season, only added to our enjoyment of this trip.
Even before you arrive, Michele will send you emails that have maps and tips of what to bring and pack; advanced notice of what venues will be open and closed. After arriving, he goes the extra mile by inquiring about your interests. Is it art, scenery, food, wine, shopping, etc.? Based upon your particular interests, he will draw these delightful little custom maps for you; providing tid-bits of historical perspective along the routes and locations; where the best restaurants are; when to show up, how to order.
Depending on how much time you plan to spend in Tuscany, Michele will gladly help you plan an itinerary that will maximize your adventure. Following Michele's tips can have you touring about with confidence, even if your language skills are lacking. With Italy's efficient rail and bus system, Pisa serves as an excellent "Home Base". We toured Pisa, Florence and Cinque Terra during the week and felt that we accomplished everything we wanted, with time to spare. (Sitting at a sidewalk cafe, enjoying a fresh Panini and glass of wine....Mmmmm)
The rooms are much more accommodating than your typical European fare. Beds and pillows are comfortable and roomy. The ensuite showers work as well as those found in 5-Star hotels.
If you just can't let it go (while on vacation), Michele even offers free Wi-Fi. He even has a laptop you can borrow.
Seasoned travelers know that 5-Star doesn't always mean the best service and comfort. Hostel doesn't always mean the best value. Michele's Guest House exceeds both; service above and beyond the call-of-duty and value that is only exceeded by staying in your own home.

Absolutely fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Changle

Michele has to be one of the most helpful and informative hosts you could wish to meet. Without his advice we would have wasted a lot of time and money as we only had 2.5 days in Italy. The guest house is wonderful, comfortable, very clean and its proximity to the airport and station is a huge advantage. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to stay and i certainly would visit again. Thank you Michele, it was a pleasure to meet you and Wayne, Alana and I wish you every success in the future. Janet Changfoot - South Africa

Extremely Helpful Guy

by TripAdvisor Member Busot

I can only agree with all that has been said before about the friedliness and helpfulness of Michele. There is nothing too much bother for him whatever your request, be it by email, mobile phone or in person. He is an incredibly polite and helpful person, with an awful lot of knowledge which he is quite happy to pass on no matter how much of his own time it seems to take. However I feel I need to point out that the comments lead people to think they will be staying in some sort of upmarket B&B. I do not feel that I can support this, as it is in quite a dingey side street and when you find the address there is an old piece of paper stuck to the outside with his mobile phone number to call if the intercom does not work. Admittedly he is with you extremely quickly, but the escalator to the accommodation floor and entrance leaves a lot to be desired. There is also a distinct stale smell to the place which is quite unpleasant. We found the room to be adequate, but again bed linen smelt and I feel sure it was not freshly laundered. The towels for the bathroom were a complete mismatch and were very uncomfortably hard. Having only spent 10 euros a night more in another location we felt this was the disappointing part of our trip, accommodation wise. We are not pretentious travellers who expect luxury accommodation at a knock down price with all the frills and spills, quite the contrary. However I feel this is quite a confusing representation as we had read (as always) Trip Advisor reviews and booked it on the strength of it.

Comments