Via San Giovanni, 91, San Gimignano, Tuscany, 53037, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Hotel Bel Soggiorno

don't miss their spelt soup

by randychiara about bel soggiorno

i love the way they cook veggies but i heard from my friends, who aren't vegetarian, that they had deliciuos meat- food too.
here are their specials:
spelt soup, carpaccio di radicchio trevigiano, rice with saffron and asparagus, home made pappardelle with hare sauce, Filetto in crosta al midollo di bue con salsa al chianti (wow, long name!) for dessert, the best is Torroncino al cioccolato caldo

Pricey but excellent

by oriettaIT about Hotel Bel Soggiorno Restaurant

We were looking for a good restaurant to celebrate and while we were walking around during the day we saw this one. It is in the very center, right on the main steet Via San Giovanni. We look at the menu that was a little expensive but interesting. We decided to try it and we went in and booked a table by the panoramic windows.
At night when we arrived the dining room was almost full, it is nicely decorated with a cosy athmosphere, the panoramic windows offer a stunning view over the countryside, great daytime and very romantic at night with all the sparkling light.
The service was excellent and professional, the selection of food and wine was adeguate to the restaurant level.
Reservation is advised and they are closed on Wednesday Unfortunally I cant recall what I had there, I just remember everything was delicious, I particulary remember the dessert.

Accomodation in San Gimignano

by ktinde

Can anyone suggest a reasonable place to stay in San Gimignano. I was hoping to stay at the Monastery di San Girolamo...but a phone call was not of much help. The lady who answered only spoke Italian...but with my school girl french and a little English from the nun? I got to understand that the place is for males only. So any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

by GHIRO

Hi,
I don't know the place, but I found in internet their web page www.monasterosangirolamo.it that is also in English, French and Spanish.

ciao
roberta

by Billy16

I really recommend Hotel Bel Soggiorno and my VT tip can be found at

Billy

by ktinde

Thanks... both the replies were very helpful. Have written to both places and hope to get a reply soon. The Siena Hotel Association suggested Locanda Il Pino. Any idea how good this is....seems to be a little out of the way...but I love walking as long as it is not uphill.Thanks again.

Comments