Saturnia Hotels

Our Members Say

• spoiledexpat profile photo spoiledexpat
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Sede di Carlo: Maremma's Best Kept Secret

La Sede di Carlo has various rooms in the villa. We have stayed in almost all of them. Each room has a private bathroom, though the type of bathroom does change depending on where you are. If you want a bathroom with an enclosed, proper, shower, ask for one of the two rooms with independent entrances on the ground floor. The attic rooms share a bathroom (we have stayed here when we're travelling with another couple - the bedrooms are completely separate, there is a kitchen, but the bathroom is shared) which is a shower with a hanging shower curtain that you draw around yourself. This means the floor gets all wet. It does dry quickly, but for me, this is the one weak point. I like my bathrooms to have enclosed showers! Aside from this, the villa is gorgeous and you cannot beat the view. You are only a few km away from Saturnia and the natural hot springs, and there are plenty of little villages nearby worth exploring like Pitigliana, Montemerano, and Savona.

Daniela, the host, is just amazing. Our favorite part of the trip is always breakfast. Most of the cakes and sweets are homemade and the jams and ricotta are to die for. When we come home I always have buy some quality ricotta and relive the experience, it's hard to do though because one of the best things about La Sede di Carlo, and Maremma in general, is the silence. No city noises. Just pure, delicious, silence with an absolutely stunning landscape for background.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Farm Stay, Photography, Family Travel
  • Written August 23, 2013
Tip Photo

Saturnia natural hot springs!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful