Corsignano

Via della Madonnina, 11, Pienza, Tuscany, 53026, Italy
Hotel Corsignano - Pienza
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Siena

One of the many charming details in SienaOne of the many charming details in Siena

Piazza in SienaPiazza in Siena

Street Scene 2Street Scene 2

Palazzo SpannocchiPalazzo Spannocchi

Siena daytrip to Montalcino

by SandiM

Our plans for renting a car in Siena have gone awry. My companion is no longer able to drive a car due to a problem with her eyes, and I don't drive. But, we still want to do a daytrip to Montalcino. The bus system is out--I have perused the schedules to get to Sant'Antimo in the early morning and nothing works for me (I want to shoot some photos in the morning to catch the rays coming in the windows). I am willing to consider a private tour, or private guide. Can I get a recommendation or two for companies/individuals who would be willing to assist us (hopefully not ragingly expensive) operating out of Siena? Thanks!

by Manara

Try with the company Boschi Voyager. This is the website: http://www.noleggioautoconautista.it/noleggio-auto-visite-citta-d-arte.htm

You can write them an email through their website to ask for a quote. If you describe in detail the tour you want to make, including the time you want to spend in total, they will be accurate in their quote.

by SandiM

Manara, are they still in business? I just tried to contact them via their form and after I press 'send' i get a 'webpage not responding' message. They sound exactly what I need, too!

by Manara

I have just noticed that they have a 'control code' in the form. It is a device to prevent spamming: you copy the digits you read in the box, and this works as a proof that there is a real person sending a message, not a computer system sending spam automatically.

Have you entered the control code? If not, try again, but with the code.

If you still face the same problem let me know, and I will try calling them on the phone.

by SandiM

Manara, yes, I tried the code. I am going to try from my home computer instead of my work--that may be the difference. I'll let you know if I still can't get through. thanks!

Travel Tips for Siena

1. Via di Città, 121
2. Via Pantaneto, 54

Megaweb
(www.megaweb.to)
1. Via Pantaneto, 132 my favorite cafe was Megaweb - they had a scanner you could use for the standard hourly cost and were FAR more friendly than the Internet Train workers!

Never ending Florence-Siena rivalry

by Tijavi

The rivalry between Tuscany's two major cities Florence and Siena hasn't really died down with the advent of peace in the peninsula. Today, a Serie A match between the two cities' flagship football clubs - Fiorentina of Florence and Siena's AC Siena - is probably as dramatic a bloody battle in the Middle Ages.

If you have the chance to see a Fiorentina-AC Siena match, grab that opportunity, not for the football that is played, but more so to experience a classic Florence-Siena rivalry. While in Siena, I did have this chance, and I was fortunate to stay at a hotel that strategically overlooks Siena's main football field (capacity: < 16,000). Not a really a big football fan, but the game proved exciting all the same, just by watching the fans' more-than-usual passion for their respective teams.

Florence to Siena by bus

by smschley

By Bus
Because buses from Florence are faster and let you off right in town, they're more convenient than trains. Tra-in runs express (19 daily; 75 min.) and slower buses (18 daily, 90 min. to 2 hr.) from Florence's SITA station to Siena's Piazza San Domenico or Piazza Gramsci. Siena is also connected with San Gimignano (hourly Mon-Sat; change in Poggibonsi; 55-65 min. not including layover), Volterra (3 daily; change in Colle di Val d'Elsa; 40 min. each leg), Massa Marittima (3 daily; 80 min.), Perugia (2-4 daily; 85 min.), and Rome's Tiburtina station (5-7 daily; 2 hr. 47 min.).

Gelateria Kopa Kabana - delicious gelato

by sue_stone about Gelateria Kopa Kabana

We returned to Siena in June 2010 just for the day, and after lunch needed the fix I usually need at least once a day whilst in Italy - some gelato.

I had read good things about Gelateria Kopa Kabana, and we conveniently stumbled across the outlet on Via San Pietro whilst wandering around aimlessly with a sleeping baby. The gelato was excellent - the super creamy and chocolatey chocolate certainly put a smile on my face and made it to the Top 3 gelato's for the trip.

Torre del Mangia

by viddra

There used to be 100s of high towers all over the city. Noble families competed against each other in this way.

The one standing beside the Town Hall is the only one to remain.

It’s 102m high and you can climb its 332 steps to admire the exceptional panorama of the city.

Comments