Fonte Dei Tufi Bed And Breakfast

More about Siena

Terme San Giovanni RapolanoTerme San Giovanni Rapolano

Siena by JelenaSiena by Jelena

Rounded Arches and ClerestoryRounded Arches and Clerestory

...and surroundiing landscape...and surroundiing landscape

renting an apartment in siena

by sharon0621

I'm planning to travel to siena in Oct and would like info on renting a small apartment for two in the city. Also if there is any kind of home trade info. thanks so much
Sharon

by lorycap

Hi Sharon,

I live in Siena and I know a young woman that has a nice Apartment in the center of town.
How long you'll stay in Siena ?????
If you like I can give you the phone number so you can contact here.

Lory
private e-mail : lorycap2001@yahoo.it

by rubbersoul75

Hi Sharon

Check out www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner), a good and I just checked- a bunch of siena spots that should fit your bill.

Some other options like agriturismo, but considereing your request for apartment, city center, I'd start with this site.

(Siena is amazing)

ciao,

by sharon0621

Thank you so much for your reply.. I remember Clark Howard talking about that website..I'llcheck it out. Do you have any personal experiences renting in siena? I rented a little condo in Vagliali and had so much trouble getting HOT water for the shower..:-) and it was quite a drive to siena ( rented a car) I would really like to take public transportation if we can.
Thanks so much
sharon

by rubbersoul75

In the past year we've stayed near Siena 2 times, both about 10 km or so outside the city. One was an argiturismo, the other a B&B type setup. For both places I've actually done tips under my tuscany hotel/accomidation page. (hot water in both spots!). These are the last 2 tips on the page and should be helpful.. the B&B (Palazzo a Merse), was very nice as it was a nice 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen.. maybe what you're looking for. The guy who runs it is great. Not sure about the public transport into Siena though.. maybe a bus line.
good luck-
Jon

by sharon0621

Thank you so much ..your website is very helpful . I appreciate all your help and I am quite envious that your family has been able to travel with your children.
Ciao
Sharon

Travel Tips for Siena

Descendants of Remus

by Tijavi

Only a few cities in Italy can trace their roots directly to the legendary brothers Remus and Romulus - no not even Renaissance Queen Florence. Rome, of course, and yes, Florence's main rival, Siena.

According to legend, Siena was founded by the son of Remus. The city takes as much pride in this as it does take its Palio seriously. This pride is very much visible in the ubiquitous statues of the wolf feeding Romulus and Remus that dot the city - and even the Duomo (picture 3).

A fountain

by KiNyA

To tell the truth I don't know exactly what this fountain represents. Obviously in the past the locals got water from here. I don't know - I wasn't listening to the guide :-P
It is located max. 2 minutes away on foot from Piazza del Campo.

Eat "ricciarelli"...

by Sarita76 about Any bakery shop

Ricciarelli are the typical almond biscuits of Siena. The biscuits are covered with icing sugar.

"Ricciarelli" probably originate from marzipan cakes.

A suggestion: don't buy too many "ricciarelli" because you will eat them all on the way back home... They're too delicious!

Via campanzi

by belgianchocolate

We were staying somewhere near a little place in the middle of the chianti hills.
I choose to rent a little house there because of the excellent location. Not too far from Siena , Florence or Pisa and San Gimignano is an amazing little village.

We bought our freedom by renting a car and the first day we went to SIena.
We both were very curious about this city...
We easely found a parking spot outside the city walls. (traffic is forbidden inside the old center) and walked up the Porta Camolia.

We were excited about the city right away..
Just seeing the vieuw from the Via Campansi was great.
It gave a little bit the feeling on this city used to be a invincible fortress.

Battistero di San Giovani

by Jefie

Construction of the duomo's baptistery began about 100 years after that of the cathedral. It was completed in 1325, and the splendid baptismal font was added about a century later. Six Italian sculptors (including Donatello) collaborated to create the font's carved panels that together represent the life of St. John the Baptist, to whom the baptistery is dedicated. The last additions made to the baptistery, and the main reason why I would describe Siena's baptistery as the nicest one we got to see during our trip to Italy, were the colourful frescoes that decorate its roof and walls. These were completed towards the end of the 15th century by Vecchietta, one of the leaders of the Sienese school of painting, with the help of several of his students. And the best part is that pictures (without flash) are allowed!

Admission to the baptistery is included in the duomo’s combined ticket (12 Euros).

Comments