Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Noisy and rather tatty
I have a bit of a thing about staying in good hotels. Not necessarily expensive ones, just ones which are well kept, interesting and comfy. Because we booked our walking holiday at short notice, I didn't realise we were booked into the Cannon D'Oro until it was too late ..
It's a 2 star, but rather a nasty 2*. Why?
- the shower flooded the bathroom
- there was no top in the toilet cistern
- the 'bowls' for your breakfast cereal were little plastic boxes
All in all, not somewhere I would have chosen to stay. But the worst thing was the noise. Purgatory.
The one good thing about the hotel is that it's very centrally located. Great for stumbling back from dinner. Not so great when you realise you can hear everyone else stumbling back from dinner in their hobnailed flip flops (at least, that's what it sounds like). And that most Italain of phrases, Ciao! is marvellous - except when repeated 20 times by the same group at the top of their well trained Italian voices. And then there's the noise INSIDE the hotel as well - marble floors and staircases look authentic but mean that you can hear everyone going to and fro, at about 70 decibels.
Stay here only if you are deaf and have a fondness for cheap crockery.
Popular Hotels in Siena
Via 24 Maggio, 10, Siena
Via Paolo Mascagni 55, Siena
Via Enea Silvio Piccolomini 7, Siena
Pian dei Mantellini 34, Siena
Explore the World
- Days Inn Los Angeles Mid Wilshire
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- HACIENDA ENCANTADA RESORT AND SPA
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- The Langham Hotel, London
- Sai Rock Hotel
- Quality Inn & Suites Hotel Circle Albuquerque
- Sunrise Park Resort and Spa
- NH Royal Beach
- Aldeia Santa Rita
- Etap Hotel Flensburg City
- Dusit Thani Pattaya
- Tulip Inn Berlin-Friedrichshain
- Premier Inn Brentwood