Il Piastrino

Via Piastrino 30, Vinci, 50059, Italy

More about Vinci

Vinci, Tuscany - house with jasminVinci, Tuscany - house with jasmin

Vinci, Tuscany - general view with rooftopsVinci, Tuscany - general view with rooftops

Vinci, Tuscany, Egon up on the roofVinci, Tuscany, Egon up on the roof

VinciVinci

Bus from Empoli to Vinci

by vorarlberg1234

Hello,

I will be traveling in the region this fall and was wondering if anyone knows how to reach Vinci from Empoli? I will not have a car and will need to use either rail or bus. Can anyone clarify? Thanks in advance!

Re: Bus from Empoli to Vinci

by alucas

When we went to Vinci some years ago we went by car. Vinci is less than 8km from Empoli, but has no station, so it will have to be a bus or taxi. I'll see if I can find a link to the bus timetable for you, and will come back later today.

Re: Bus from Empoli to Vinci

by alucas

Have a look at this - found on the local bus company website.

Travel Tips for Vinci

Up to the castello

by maritagnes

After parking our car we walked up the not too steep hill to the old Castello, which houses the Leonardo museum.

We found Vinci a beautiful and peaceful village, and met no crowds of tourists at the time we visited - the middle of June.

Vinci Page

by egonwegh

The small town of Vinci, Leonardo the famous Renaissance genius was born here -- or very close to this town anyway .... 26 May 2007. We visited two museums and the local church before moving on to Bibbona on the Mediterranean coast. Some people have wondered whether I am sitting on top of a roof in this picture. I am not, as a matter of fact, it's just an optical illusion.

Leonardo's Hometown

by Mundus

"Leonardo da Vinci was like a man who awoke too early in the darkness, while the others were all still asleep"
Sigmund Freud

What to say of Leonardo's hometown? For da Vinci's fans this is a must see location. For a long time I wanted to visit it and I had a great time!

Check out the Travelog for a concise summary of Leonard's life.

Comments