La Pallotta

Via San Rufino 6, Assisi, Umbria, 06082, Italy

Hotel Restaurant Pallotta Assisi
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

• Restaurant: Too Little, Too Late!

I'd never return to this restaurant: terribly slow service, rude wait staff, missed food and missed champagne with no effort to make it right made our dining experience there the worst we've ever encountered in Italy.
    The food -- nothing really extremely tasty, came out so slowly from the kitchen that we couldn't even really eat together. Salads without oil and vinegar, and a brusque comment when we finally pried it out of the waitress, one entree mixup with no effort made to be flexible -- ugh! Our reservation was for 7:30 -- didn't head back to our hotel until going on 11. Some places you'd want to stay that long. We couldn't wait to leave this one!
    Take my advice -- pass it by!

Unique Quality: The outstanding characteristic of this restaurant was its slowness!

• Wonderful small hotel

La Pallotta is a wonderful family-run hotel in central Assisi. My room and the public areas were very clean & nicely decorated. Breakfast was incredible, great coffee, cereal, pastries, yogurt, juice, etc. The staff was very helpful & friendly, even though little English is spoken. Plenty of information about Assisi & the area was provided. As a older single woman traveller I felt very welcome & comfortable, my room was 40euros a night in March. Couples & families were also staying there. I was given a card that gave me 10% off meals in their restaurant & some other restaurants in town, a real value.

Unique Quality: An excellant location near P. de Comune, also near the gates leading out of town for great walks on Monte Subasio. The hotel has a tower sitting-room with views of all of Assisi & the mountains & valley.

Directions: Between Piazza S. Rufino and Piazza del Comune

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Small hotels centraly positioned

My base was in nearby Perugia so I made only a day-trip to Assisi which is, by car, less then half an hour far from Perugia. There are number of hotels, hostels and b&b accommodations in Assisi, located inside and the outside of the historic center of the town.

Unique Quality: I took a pictures of several small hotels and pensions, which are situated in the heart of the old core of the town. Each of this hotels is very charming and, I suppose so, offers great and very handy accommodation. It is advisable, however, to book the accommodation in advance, especially in a days of San Francesco.

Comments