Ostello Della Pace

Via Di Valecchie, 177, Assisi, 06082, Italy
HostelBookers.com

More about Assisi

Trattoria da ErminioTrattoria da Erminio

Aerial view of the townAerial view of the town

The Imposing FortThe Imposing Fort

I'm the owner!I'm the owner!

Rome airport (FCO) to Assisi

by bkd13

I've read some differing opinions on the best way to get from Rome to Assisi. One suggestion was to NOT take the train into Rome and then out from there, instead going straight out on the train to Orte. Having never been to Italy at all, I have no idea but I'm looking for the simplest way.
All advice is appreciated.

Re: Rome airport (FCO) to Assisi

by Redang

bookmark

Re: Rome airport (FCO) to Assisi

by leics

Use the official Italian railway website in English:

Search for 'Fiumicino Aeroporto'.

It will give you a variety of options, ranging in price from 17.40 euro to 33.75 euro one-way.

There are some direct trains from Fiumicino to Orte (roughly hourly, use the Trenitalia site to find them) but most require a change in Rome. I'm not sure whether it would actually be any quicker to go Fiumicino> Orte (2h 13m) and then Orte> Assisi (another 1h 27+m) than Fiumicino>Rome>Assisi.

I'm not sure it would be any cheaper (especially if you do not take the Leonardo Express into Rome Termini but pick up the Assisi train at Rome Tiburtina station, to which the cheaper ordinary Fiumicino>Rome train goes). Orte>Assisi is 5.05 euro (you'd have to buy a ticket at Orte, I think) but Trenitalia will not (strangely) give me the fare for Fiumicino>Orte.

Travel Tips for Assisi

streets

by croisbeauty

Ja izuzetno volim naše dalmatinske gradove i gradice jer svaki od njih ima neponovljivi šarm. Medjutim, pred ovakvim skladom, kakav postoji u Assisiju, naši gradovi izgledaju kao da ih je urbanizirao nekakav šegrtov pomocnik.
Nemoš' ni zamisliti što bi ovi napravili da su kojim slucajem na raspolaganju imali bracki kamen.

The Fort

by Mikebb

Situated on the hill above the town and commanding extensive views over the town and valley below this fort was built was rebuilt in the year 1367. It was too late in the evening for us to visit and we moved on early the next morning. Possibly a reason to return to Assisi another time.

Assisi

by rita_simoes

Assisi is an enchanting place. It has a lot of tourists, sure, but the sense of peace and quiet really takes you. I had the pleasure of having two native "tour guides" to explain us and guide us through this wonderful village and I had a great day.

For those who love animals, this place is even more symbolical - since San Francesco di Assisi is the patron of animals. The Basilica is so simple and yet, so beautiful! I'll definetely return some day :)

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at home, so I couldn't take all the pics I wanted :( most of them were taken by our friends.

Comments