B&B Sant'Angelo 42

Via Sant'Angelo 42, Orvieto, 05018, Italy
B&B Sant'Angelo 42
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

More about Orvieto

steep and narrow pictoresque streetssteep and narrow pictoresque streets

Trompe d'oeilTrompe d'oeil

Looking across to the well's locationLooking across to the well's location

Vying with the autumn colours for attentionVying with the autumn colours for attention

Travel Tips for Orvieto

”Venetian”style belltower + district plaques

by Trekki

When I wandered around the piazza at Orvieto’s duomo I noticed this cute belltower at the corner of Corso Cavour. It immediately reminded me of Torre Orologio in Venezia. But instead of two figures which ring or strike the bell it is only one: Maurizio, a bronze statue of almost 160 cm height. According to the website of Opera del Duomo (see below), this was one of the first mechanical clock which was documented in Europe (if I understood it correctly; the website is in Italian only), made in 1351.

Another wonderful custom is/are the signs which mark the beginning of a new quarter. At the building with Maurizio bell on top there is one at eye level “Quartiere delle Stelle”, fairly new but made in the old style, each with the district’s coat of arms. These districts go back to the many signori who ruled Orvieto before all were merged into the Papal state.

Stroll the Walls

by Tom_Fields

Orvieto's intact walls were built during very ancient times, and have been reinforced and shored up many times. Walking along the parapet gives one fine views of the town itself, the nearby mountains, and the valleys below.

Panoramic views from Torre del Moro

by JohanIsWeg

Situated in the central part of Orvieto's old town near the intersection of Corso Cavour and Via Del Duomo, Torre del Moro is within easy walking distance from Orvieto Duomo and - at about 45m above ground - provides for panoramic views towards the cathedral and surrounds. From this vantage point it is easy to imagine the city fathers of the past gazing out over the lands they would have administered.

Full price is € 2.60 per adult.

March/April - September/October

10:30am – 1pm and 2:30 – 5pm

Orvieto 2010

by windoweb

"Orvieto"

Orvieto [1] is a city in Umbria. Designed to be impregnable, it was founded by the Etruscans on the top of a steep hill made of tufa, a volcanic ash stone.

As with most ancient cities in Italy, Orvieto has two distinct areas: lower and upper. The lower part of Orvieto was built in modern times and has shopping and other modern conveniences. "Orvieto-up" is the old city where the original Etruscan town was built. Here you will find the duomo and all of Orvieto's rich sights. The two are connected by a funicular that runs approximately every 10 minutes. The funicular is located just outside of the train station.

"Streets of Orvieto"

Mike and I bought a sunflower welcome sign with a bell. It was our item to take home for a memory of the sunflowers here in this area.

"Sunflowers in Orvieto"

The sunflower ceramic arts were plentiful to choose from.

To Orvieto

by moacha

"The town in the Sky"

I got to know that Italy have a town of the sky at the beginning of this year. It is a town on a hill.
I wanted to have come to visit that very much.
What kind of atmosphere carries out the town?
What kind of landscape is actually the scene which is in sight from the town?
While I held such a thought and investigated that town,
I knew that I will reach it in 1 hour from Rome.
I like a trip of a train! It will go too! I decided to visit it before my travel .

"Termini Station"

Termini station is large.
The departure time and the home's number of all the trains are displayed on this mimic board.
I rode on a start being an inter-city for Milan (express) at 8:55 a.m.
Since the trains which go to Orvieto are not large, beforehand,
It is good that you will investigate the timetable of Trenitalia it.
Ror example, there is only one IC in 2 hours,
Let's see the site in my TIP.

"Train"

Since the train was express for Milan and the passenger was full.
After all, this train left 15 minutes later.So It is as my imagination.
Here is Italy, it does not go like BB in Germany, rather than BB which is the correctness, we cannot believe easily.
Although it could not say that it was clean, the 2nd class was also enough.
The scene in character with Italy was in sight from the window of the train,houses of a yellow roof,the walls of a yellow stones and unfamous ruins.
When I came out in a suburb of Rome, rich green pastoral land spreaded out and could see the "sunflower field" on the way.
Oh, " Now is summer ", I felt actually in Italy.

"Orviet Station"

I reached Orvieto 15 minutes later.
The fountain was in front of this station, this place was also a certain pleasant "country."
The station front, contrary my image, was inactive.
Is it because a town is on a hill, so there are those [ no ] who live?

When I ask a clerk in English, "Where is a toilet?", I was scolded with his fierce look and he said "Talk in Italian", It seems that he was unkind.

Here, I bought the ticket of return. The price is 13 euros.
Although it was 12 euros when I bought it with the vending machine of Rome -- Why?

The cablecar stop is in a station side.
Since Orvieto town is on a hill, it is to be able to go by cablecar on a hill.
However, the cablecar was canceled ,when I went here.
The cable car was lovely red's body.
It was regrettable although I was looking forward to the scene.
The official in charge directed that I go on a hill by Bus A.

"Bus to the Piazza del Doumo"

I got in Buss A.
It seems that fairly large people travel this town.The passengers were only tourists.
The male South Korean told to me. "Aniyohaseyo!"
Seemingly, he thought that I was the South Korean for the skin of my yellow and black hair. Greetings will be well even if it is a mistake.
I returned the smile to him instead of the reply.

The bus reached the loose slope.
From the window, I could see rich green and the ground become smaller. Whenever the bus turned at the curves, the scenes beautiful were in sight.
" So,Wonderful! " I moved deeply.

"Doumo"

On the way,Buss passed�@the Pozzo di San Pstizio and the cablecar stop of the hill and arrived at Doumo.
This is Buss's terminus and is the start of this town walk.

"The Piazza"

Before Duomo, it is the Piazza and the persons who were sitting down and were resting is also in this place.
This photograph is the left-hand side of Doumo and a medieval mood full of a town has spread from here.

Comments