Tetti di Trevi

Localita Coste San Paolo, Trevi, Trevi, Italy
AMOMA.com

More about Trevi

To the cathedralTo the cathedral

Resembled this, but with Italian signageResembled this, but with Italian signage

Travel Tips for Trevi

Italian Quikie Mart and Very Friendly Locals

by pigletsmom

The mini mart just outside of town with a gas station has a deli and pastry shop. I would go in there and buy salami and cheese, and potato chips. (I make sandwiches with all 3, you should try it sometime) I became freinds with the two guys and one of the girlfriends that worked in the mini mart. I would make my potato chip sandwiches and talk to them in my broken Italian. They were really some of the sweetest people I've ever met. I mean genuinely nice. They were so curious about the states and California. They were interested in my Italian heritage. They did think the potato chip sandwiches were odd, but other than that, they were so sweet. Anyway, I was so impressed with their kindness and hospitality. They gave me a free pastry. My father once told me that the farther south you go in Italy the nicer the Italians, well being in Umbria it made me beleive it. These were the nicest Italians I had ever met. I wish I had taken photos of them.

Comments