Localita Parco Ducale, Urbania, 61049, Italy

More about Urbania

Heavenly breads!Heavenly breads!

Procession of La Befana in UrbaniaProcession of La Befana in Urbania

Cafe Bar in UrbaniCafe Bar in Urbani

I love arches as in UrbaniaI love arches as in Urbania

Travel Tips for Urbania

Wander, Enjoy, Learn

by deecat

Some of the finest moments we experienced in Urbania were the result of wandering. We've learned over the years, that interesting architecture, people, and food can be found by "accident".

Urbania has a spiritual quality to it; even though it is spread out (except for the ancient center), it has that warm, "small-town" feel. It is a small town with lovely flowers flowing out of windows and off of ledges; it is a small town with weekly markets and families enjoying the festivities; it is a small town with children playing in the park and teens in groups trying to impress.j Photographs:

1. One of the first residences we saw after we strolled near the Park of Rememberance.

2. Just one example of the many arches through Urbania. Allan is walking through one.

3. One of the apartment buildings with lovely flowers adorning the wrought-iron railings..

So, just wander as you enjoy the sights and sounds of Urbania and learn the joy of this small town.

Festival Not Dampened by Rain

by deecat

The Saturday morning that we went from our hotel to visit Urbania and some of its sites was an overcast, slightly rainy day; however, that did not dampen the spirits or the attentance at the truffle/ceramic/market festival. It was very difficult to find a place to park. We parked in a residential neighborhood and walked to the ancient center.

Walking was difficult because there were "stalls" with market goods on every spot in town (I am not exaggerating!)

By accident, Allan and I walked into the Ducal Palace courtyard where lots of acitivity was being carried out. I was snapping away at the tables of mushrooms and truffles and some ceramics when an older lady started smiling and talking at the same time. I could not understand what she was saying. I assumed (incorrectly) that I was not to take photographs. After many minutes and lots of hand gestures, we figured out that the demonstration in this area was being set up for the afternoon and only workers were allowed in the area.

I'm so glad I was able to take the photos while the masses were not there to obstruct the view!

The photographs of the market show how gray the day was, but how busy the place remained.
The flowers photgraph was one of the items for sale. There were also all sorts of clothing, jewelry, household goods, foods, shoes, and miscellaneous items.

The only thing that we purchased was two pairs of socks with skid preventive bottoms for Sabrina Dee.

It was a fun morning spent with the locals at the Festival.

Dance with the locals

by stefano99

Also at Acqualagna is a disco called "La Capanna", which is open all year round.

During the Summer months the music and the dancing is all under the stars in the courtyard, which is rigged up with lights and speakers and a Dj.

Urbania

by stefano99

"Urbania"

During the months of May and June 2003, I stayed in a small town called Urbania in the Le Marche region of Italy. The reason I was there was to study Italian at the 'Centro Studi Italiani' a school that teaches the Italian language to foreigners. The town is an ideal place to learn Italian, as the locals are friendly and generally do not speak English.

"Bar Centrale"

This photo is of the other popular cafe in the centre of town, Bar Centrale. The gelato served here is delicous. There is a pool table, so in the evenings it is a bit of a hangout for the local youth.

This photo shows the Piazza of San Cristofero. The "Bramante" theatre is to the right and Caffe Del Teatro is behind the umbrellas.

Comments