Demidoff

Via San Jacopo 51/A, Vaglia, 50036, Italy

More about Demidoff

To pay for a hotel

by alfa338

My wife (www.artbymasha.com) and I are going to Florence to participate in the biennale in December 2007. I want to make a booking for a hotel, but they want to have all information about my credit-card... Generally I never give away this information but I want to make my reservation... I found a suiteable hotel on the internetsite "venere.com" and the reservation is to be made through them - is there anybody out there who have any experience of these people ? Is it OK to give them the required information ?

Best regards
Stefan

by dnwitte

I've been booking hotels online through Venere and other agencies for several years with no problems.

by leics

I have booked (and had to cancel, just once) accommodation through venere on several occasions. I have found them to be reliable and entirely safe, the reviews on their website to be hugely useful and the hotels I have used perfectly satisfactory. I do not think you should have any concerns about using them.

by Lacristina

Yes, I agree, venere is totally reliable. And you will love Florence, it is a very charming city.

But why are you surprised that they want your credit card info? I don't know of any hotel or booking agency anywhere in any country that will make a reservations for you without the credit card info. (Unless you pay them cash in advance.)

by EleanorTheresa

We were in Florence for a week or so a few years ago. We stayed at a 4 star hotel in Florence and it was terrible!! We moved to the Hotel Demidoff which is about 7 km outside of the city. The hotel is wonderful, with great views of the City and (at that time) a shuttle to bring one back and forth if one did not have a car. The restaurant which is just up a few steps from the hotel serves marvellous food and there is a magnificent park just down the road where one of the Demidoff family (who married into the Bonaparte family) lived. Florence is a fabulous city. Enjoy.

by nomad7890

The only time I will not provide a credit card (other than any bad vibes from the site) is if I do not see "https" instead of "http" on the page where the credit card into is going. Usually (but not bullet proof) https will have SSL encryption and the info should be safe. Again "should" be.

Nomad