Piazzale Guide Maquignaz, Cervinia, Breuil-Cervinia, 11021, Italy
Booking.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 29% more and rated 32% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Breuil-Cervinia

The village at the very endThe village at the very end

Il CervinoIl Cervino

Travel Tips for Breuil-Cervinia

Not skiiing in a ski resort

by St_Vincent

If you are expecting a report about black runs, lift passes and ski schools then I’m afraid you are going to be a little disappointed. Please read on though.

It was way way back in the early 1980’s that I went to Cervinia, before they added the Breuil- to the name I think. I went with a group of friends that included both experienced and new skiers, and I was in the absolute novice category. I didn’t have a great much more experience when we left either, as having paid out for ski hire and a lift pass I used them only two or three times during the week. On the first day we all headed up the mountain and the more advanced skiers were very patient with the rest of us and eventually most headed off on the piste. I on the other hand decided that after a couple of hours spent mostly face down in the snow I would rather be on a different kind of piste. I did however try the nursery slopes later in the week and managed to go about 50m without falling over at one stage.

One of the advantages of this was I had plenty of opportunity to find out what was happening in the town so that by the time my friends returned from the slopes I had the apres ski activities already planned. I recall spending some time in the Red Dragon Bar where my claim to fame was coming runner-up in the Cervinia open darts tournament. To show you how long ago it was I also have vague memories of drinking Double Diamond beer although I can’t recall if it worked wonders for me.

Anyway that was my first and last attempt at skiing. If you want read more about not skiing in a ski resort go to my Borovets page.

Comments